PDA

View Full Version : Regional Express vs QFlink

Fingers Crossed
27th Jul 2006, 23:34
Hi,
I'm looking for some serious advice here. I'm based in Sydney and have sent application to Qantas Link. But I was wondering what is Rex like to work for hours etc. Does anyone know if either regional airline will be recruiting soon. I've heard that the pay for Qantas Link is quite dismal due to a not so good EBA. Is that the same for Rex? Anyway any advice that I can get would be greatly greatly appreciated. :)

twolevel
28th Jul 2006, 02:53
I cannot speak for QL but I know Rex has got an excellent record as far as working conditions and I know some current flighties who are very happy there.:ok:

Annie_o
28th Jul 2006, 10:48
Hi there,

I know alot about both of those airlines. REX is really good, pays okish and conditions are good. QF Link has a few problems...pay is lower to start with and the moral around the Sydney base is pretty low at the moment too. At QF link you will have the opportunity to work with another crew member (sometimes) which some crew like, however at REX your a solo flyer so you have to be very confident in your ability as a flight attendant.

However saying that, I think you should give them both a go...Over all I think there pretty much the same...with just a few minor differences!!

Good luck

Anne X

EAAFA
28th Jul 2006, 23:05
Annie o is spot on.

I work for Eastern (QFlink) and have friends at Rex, so it's true that there are pros and cons on both sides.

Rex have a higher base salary, however their duty hour limitations, working conditions, opportunities for future advancement and rostering patterns are worse than ours.

However, we are negotiating our EBA and we expect the new EBA more similar to Rex and Sunstate. In other words, if you decide to join a regional airline, the differences between the various options will not be great.

At least with QFlink you get great staff travel benefits on Qantas and its partner airlines.:D

galley girl
29th Jul 2006, 12:06
Hi guys, just wondering why the morale is so bad a QF link Sydney and if you will be operating the 400 series at all? Do you guys do 6 sectors in a day eg Syd- CBR- Syd etc? Let's hope the EBA increases the pay because I heard it was poor and difficult to live on.

m00ving_on
30th Jul 2006, 11:17
Hi galley girl,
Morale is low thanks to the management (always whittling away conditions, lack of appreciation for the work we do, etc. Same old story).

No, we won't be flying on the 400 series. All of them are going to Sunstate. I believe mainly for the Canberra base. Aparently it's because their flight crew are paid less than Eastern pilots.

Good riddance as far as I'm concerned. Who wants a bigger plane with the same number of crew?

m00ving_on
30th Jul 2006, 11:18
PS Yes, we still do triple CBRs.

galley girl
2nd Aug 2006, 00:07
Thanks mOOving on. Speaking of moving on, sounds like you guys probably have a high turn over of FA's. Can you transfer around? Yep, I know what you say, two FA's for 72 is busy work that's for sure. When is your EBA through and do you think it will make a difference? Hope so for you. Meanwhile, happy flying.

CrashAxe
2nd Aug 2006, 10:00
M00ving on,

It's interesting what you say about Management at Sydney.

My friend works for EAA. He says the 'new guy' in charge of c/crew there isn't that great... Is that having a bit of an impact on morale? :confused:

Any thoughts? I am interested in applying to QFLink but I don't want to work in a dull environment! :(

Come on EAA crew: tell me what it's like!

sebby
3rd Aug 2006, 05:58
CrashAxe - funny you should say that about the "new guy"... i have heard a few things about him and his attitude..

CrashAxe
3rd Aug 2006, 11:09
Sebby: Really? Do tell! YOu can't leave us all in suspense like that. :)

sebby
3rd Aug 2006, 11:24
:} :} :} :}