PDA

View Full Version : TV crime shows

reynoldsno1
27th Jul 2006, 21:00
The female members of the r1 family have a psychological attachment to these shows - CSI, SVU, Cold Case etc...... What I want to know, is why don't they ever switch on the effin' lights when they're searching for clues - what's with this little torch thing all the time? :hmm:

Or is it all for product placement for Magnalite?????

Whirlygig
27th Jul 2006, 21:07
The worst for that was The X Files; I had to watch it with the brightness turned up and all lights off in the house! Seems to be more prevalent in the US progammes; yer good ol' British fare seems to be filmed in daylight (although that can be pretty gloomy most of the time).

Anyway, due to a phone call (which I wanted/needed to take), I missed the end of this evening's Inspector Lynley - can anyone tell me what happened please? Danny Gill had just be found with his throat cut!

Cheers

Whirls

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!
28th Jul 2006, 03:03
what's with this little torch thing all the time?It's called a "cum light" in the profession :hmm:

CSI is so bad...how bad is CSI (Miami)?...well let me tell you it's so bad, that when Horatio's gorlfriend got shot, I almost wrote in to complain that they'd killed the wrong character :yuk: :yuk: :yuk:

mazzy1026
28th Jul 2006, 09:40
It's called a "cum light" in the profession
Funniest thing I have seen all week!

Anyone seen the John Culshaw sketch on CSI? Hilarious! :ok:

frostbite
28th Jul 2006, 12:06
Why do the principal characters have to be so, er, characterless?

Morse, Lynley, that Midsomer fellow, etc., etc..

Now, Rockford, Columbo, even the Sweeny, there were characters.