PDA

View Full Version : ATPL BGS

Bilbob
27th Jul 2006, 15:03
Hi guys

I need some help from Cadets doing/done their ATPL theory.

Is it possible to get the study hrs in working 9 - 5 & be able to pass.

have any of you guys managed that, if so how many hrs a week study does it require,

littco
27th Jul 2006, 15:33
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=235798

Have a look here may help

Walk the line
27th Jul 2006, 16:13
Bilbob,

I have just completed all ATPL's(Today incidentally-pending pass of last 7). I have a full time job, including the occasional night duty.

It is extremely feasible to continue working right up to the exams providing you are committed and disciplined. It IS hard work-it IS frustrating but it can be done, indeed at the expense of your sanity! If I had the choice(ie.the financial liberty) I would take maybe two weeks off for each module. Get up at 8am like its a regular working day and regulate yourself with coffee breaks etc.

Vis-a-Vis the actual study itself: Study the notes provided by your groundschool FIRST, assimilate the information. THEN tackle questions-suggest Bristol Questions. Do not learn banks of questions without the knowledge - however, the questions themselves do teach you alot and generally drum home the most salient points.

Good luck with the GS and remember: you always remember what you dont think you will!

Walk the line

Bilbob
28th Jul 2006, 10:45
Ok cool the linked gave me a better idea , though if working how many hrs a night or week did you put aside for studying, ???

Gazeem
28th Jul 2006, 22:43
It is perfectly possible to pass all the exams working 9 -5 first time round.
When I studied at BGS in the old portacabins, I completed the study in the same time as a few guys who had career breaked for full time study.
Just set a realistic timeframe to work to and put in three hours a night Mon-Thu.
Good luck!