PDA

View Full Version : FedEx Aborts takeoff at Louisville Airport

colmac747
27th Jul 2006, 14:59
That's what Fox News are reporting..

HowlingWind
27th Jul 2006, 15:12
Newsworthy apparently because it left the runway: :zzz:

From the Louisville Courier-Journal (http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060727/NEWS01/60727014/1008)

"A FedEx 727 aircraft skidded off a runway at Louisville International Airport Thursday morning during an aborted takeoff.

"None of the three crew members on the plane was injured, and there is no apparent damage to the plane, according to airport spokeswoman Rande Swann. The incident occurred at about 9:17 a.m. on the airport’s east runway. It is not known yet why the pilot aborted takeoff.

"Swann said the airport’s other two runways remain open and operating, and there are no disruptions to flights scheduled for arrival or departure.

"The airport has notified the Federal Aviation Administration of the incident, as is standard procedure, and is awaiting the administration’s clearance before it assists FedEx in moving the plane, Swann said."

Flightmech
27th Jul 2006, 15:15
Not an RTO, I hope it wasn't above 30kts;) .

Saying that, if it's on Fox it must have turned into an incident/accident? Nothing on the Fox website yet though?

Flightmech
27th Jul 2006, 15:18
My sources tell me it was a 727-200 N484FE Flt. 0673 SDF-MEM.

Flightmech
27th Jul 2006, 15:21
Reason. Multiple compressor stalls No.3 engine.

bubbers44
27th Jul 2006, 20:52
http://www.wave3.com/Global/story.asp?S=5205204

Video from news helicopter of scene. Later reports were of multiple compressor stalls on #3 engine. Note skid marks of right landing gear appearing the plane left the side of the runway skidding sideways.

bafanguy
27th Jul 2006, 22:16
The reason for stopping the flight at 9:30 a.m. EDT was under investigation, FedEx spokesman Jim McCluskey said. He said he didn't know how far the plane got off the ground before the pilot decided to stop the takeoff.

Well, this is another example of the airline "spokesmen".

He didn't know "...how far the plane got off the ground before the pilot decided to stop the takeoff." ...really...

So, the airplane was actually airborne and THEN decided to stop the takeoff ?

Wow, it's lucky there were any survivors at all.

If that's all that's required of a "spokesman"...I could do the job.

Jim McCluskey..."Fedex spokesman..."

lukeylad
28th Jul 2006, 10:55
From what i hear the planes fine little if no damage.