PDA

View Full Version : BA or QF? Pls help!

Pax Agent
27th Jul 2006, 14:31
As the title suggests which of the two would you think the best option???
Money at QF is better but then again I don't know how quickly the BA one will increase etc.....also just worried about getting bored with the same destinations and 1 a/c type at QF!
Pls sum1 just give me yr opinions as I don't have long till my assesment days now!

Cheers,

Paxy X

Pax Agent
28th Jul 2006, 17:12
have been given assesment days with both but i'm trying to work out what i'd do if they came up trumps as I think it's better to make a decision over a period of time. Thanx 4 yr reply.....ne1 else got any advice???

flybywire
28th Jul 2006, 18:50
As for promotion, BA is great,especially if you join the Gatiwck Fleet. I got promoted after only 18 months with the company!!
Don't know anything about QF so sorry, I cannot help!

Pax Agent
28th Jul 2006, 20:06
ok that sounds great....I'm just going to go and give it my all on tuesday! Not long now! yay! Also the wage seems pretty crappy to start with but does that go up say after 6 months??? Any ideas?

Cheers X

TSR2
29th Jul 2006, 21:40
It seems you get a lot more than quick promotion working for BA !!!!
Very many congratulations ....... If you don't believe in miracles, you soon will.

bcf&gloves
29th Jul 2006, 23:51
Well my advice would be to go along to both assesment days and depending on the outcome then decide who is the right airline for you. Not wanting to sound negative but what happens if you decide on one airline and then at the assesment day you don't get to the interview stage?!

flying-again
30th Jul 2006, 08:05
Personally would go for QF, have worked for BA World wide and Euro fleet and did not like the airline and hated going to work, you were just a number at the end of the day and depending on fleet and base I found BA the most islolating job I have ever done, worked for 2 previous airlines before that and loved every minute of it so think I was expecting the same. It is personal opinion but I would never work for an airline again with so many crew as you never really get to know anyone - thats personal opinion though. Think QF have a good size base and great crew and the basic is higher also promotion especially at LHR will be allot quicker.

ozskipper
30th Jul 2006, 18:02
Way to hedge your bets Paxy!

Don't mention to either airline (or anyone at the assessment day) that you've applied for either one.

tart1
30th Jul 2006, 18:34
Don't mention to either airline (or anyone at the assessment day) that you've applied for either one.
Well yes obviously that is a very sound piece of advice!

I wish you the best of good luck but you may not get offered either job or, as someone else said, you may get offered the one you probably didn't want.

I think you will have the chance at the interviews, to find out a little more about the company, the conditions, the rosters, and then if you were fortunate enough to be offered both, you would find it easier to make a decision. Go along armed with relevant questions to ask, either during the presentation or during your 1 to 1 interview. Remember: you are interviewing them as well!!!!

Good luck and let us know how it goes. :)

Pax Agent
30th Jul 2006, 23:16
thanx for all the help there peeps! I'm not expecting to be suddenly offered jobs but I just wanted to get some opinions before the interviews as obviously everything is going to be very biased! Still think I've just got to got along and wait and see.
Can't wait 'till Tues! Will def let u know how it goes etc.....any ideas how long u gotta wait 4 an answer should i get thru to the last stage?

Cheers X

newbagr
31st Jul 2006, 12:56
if u are successful with BA you can have an email the following morning! thats what happened to me and lots of others...if not successful then it can take up to a week i think....i dont know about QF but i d say BA is good to work for generally:-)

flybywire
31st Jul 2006, 18:40
It seems you get a lot more than quick promotion working for BA !!!!
Very many congratulations ....... If you don't believe in miracles, you soon will.

:O :E :ok:

Pax Agent
3rd Aug 2006, 10:11
Hey! As tart 1 asked I thought i'd let u know that i got the job with BA!!!!!! Yay!!!! Rele excited......thanx 4 all yr help!

Take care guys,

X

tart1
3rd Aug 2006, 18:20
Hey Pax well done and many congratulations!!!!!

Did it turn out to be the one that you really wanted most? Sounds like it from your reaction!

:ok: :ok:

sebby
4th Aug 2006, 08:56
Fantastic! Congratualtions, I personally liek the thought of being isolated. I hate coming to work and flying with the same crew and being involved in the same bitchiness week in and week out.

How far did you get with QF?

Pax Agent
4th Aug 2006, 09:12
I start on the 9th Oct!!! Really excited but will be even happier when i know I have somewhere to stay! lol!

ozskipper
4th Aug 2006, 18:18
Please do the right thing now and contact QF and let them know you have another offer.

For other potential QF applicants - unfortunately I can no longer provide any assistance / advice / contact numbers / trip details / salary information. Please read the threads, go to the website or ask another QFUK employee and good luck.

Sorry, but my patience has finally snapped.

Pax Agent
4th Aug 2006, 18:35
Ozskipper trying to PM you but your inbox is full.....Will try again l8r!

The Moo
4th Aug 2006, 18:48
pax agent where do you fancy staying ? I've got a room and not with me in before anyone makes a funny remark