PDA

View Full Version : Application Criteria...please help!

Mile High Member
27th Jul 2006, 14:15
On Thomas Cook listing for Cabin Crew criteria it only says CC must be able to fit in a crew seat harness without modification....It is different from the usual 'weight in proportion to height'.........at 5'6 I am a size 18 so I am overweight but do you guys think a size 18 would be able to fit into a crew seat harness? I do fit very comfortably into normal aeroplane seats without a belt extension etc...please help!

WexCan
27th Jul 2006, 21:08
If you fit into a normal seat I don't think there should be a problem. I've heard of size 18 crew around these fora before methinks.

sixmilehighclub
27th Jul 2006, 21:26
I'm 5'6" and used to be a size 18 when I was offered a job flying as cabin crew for a well known airline. No problems.

Get applying!!

Six :ok:

TVIR40
27th Jul 2006, 21:32
Put in the application and try to loose a little while waiting.

To be honest, pax do not like larger looking cabin crew! As long as you do your job, I have no issues with what size you are and I would prefer a member of crew to be larger and reliable, than a stick and too concern about her hair and nails.

There is no reason why you should not. But remember not all pax are polite if you are a little larger than the sticks they want to see!!

Good luck with it though it is a brilliant career path and maybe you will go as far as I did and sit behind that door!

:ok:

Mile High Member
28th Jul 2006, 06:49
Oh thank you soooooooooooooooooo much for your replies! You guys have given me so much hope to be able to apply to make my dreams into reality. Any idea with which airlines to approach? I have heard I will have no chance with some of the far-eastern airlines.

Thanks again ....u guys made my day :ok: :D

Mile High Member
28th Jul 2006, 06:51
Good luck with it though it is a brilliant career path and maybe you will go as far as I did and sit behind that door![/COLOR]

:ok:

Hello TVIR40 :)

Are you flight crew now? If you are, that is fantastic, and well done you!!!

:D :ok:

sixmilehighclub
28th Jul 2006, 09:57
To be honest, pax do not like larger looking cabin crew!

Since when? Most don't care providing theyre fed, watered and feel safe and warm, etc....

I worked as cabin crew when I was a size 18 and the feedback and letters sent to my employer were very complimentary. I had colleagues at the time who were larger and not once did any of them suggest pax thought any less of them.

You would have issues for a poisition on the deck though as a class one medical checks weight to determine your BMI and general helath for heart risk, etc.

When I had my class one for flying, I'd just gone from the overweight category to healthy weight category.

Six:ok: