PDA

View Full Version : Is there something good in EK ?

AC-BUS
27th Jul 2006, 10:56
In the last EK annual report 2005/2006, i have read a total aircraft of 85 and a firm order of 97. Total of 182 (seems to be more than last year). Option 28. If they keep aircraft in wet lease, it will be more than 200. And if they continue to increase orders at this rate within 3 years, it will be amazing. So, they cannot build one of the biggest airline in the world without stopping dec and start all the upgraded training.
Even if they find a lot of dec, they will not find enought f/o, and aircrafts will not be delivered.
If they want more pilots, it 's simple. Not necessary to increase the T/C. Only upgrade. And they will find a lot of B777, A340/A330 F/O, with a solid experience, who wants to come. (more economy on type/rating.)
1. Could people apply only for A380 if airbus experience ?
2.How many years you need to work for ek to be free of type rating charge
3. Is there some happy pilot at ek ?
I have understand that living in Dubai is difficult, but flying in a big airline means a lot of destinations, different aircrafts, a lot of different pilots, so it might be really interesting at each flight.
It's better to work in an airline like EK, with a huge order of aircraft, a fast growth, a very good financial report than to be in a small airline without project and evolution.
Concerning the ek pay, it's not good, sure. But in many airlines, a first officer pay is between 5000 and 8OOO us dollar minus the accomodation and the annual tax . So, it's minus 30 %. EK pay seems to be the same as everywhere .
Thanks in advance for all the ek pilot who can help me to improve my knowledge about this "attractive" airline.(PM ok).
Good luck for all the fo waiting their upgrade.