PDA

View Full Version : Help Help Help

R2000/1830
27th Jul 2006, 05:23
I need all the help I can get, I found out about the interview today and only have 30 days to study. So if I could get all the info I can from people who are in the know that would be great. In return I will post all the questions I was asked in the interview when I'm done. I have read all the excellent post on this site and have printed much of it out for study material. If there is any other info please let me know.

I have the Handling the big jets book and the Cathay Prep book, what else do I need.

Thanks

WaldoPepper
28th Jul 2006, 09:43
That is all you need, but remember not to just study the questions/answers in the capt XYZ book. If the question asks something about VMCA, study all you can (in the time you have) about VMCA. Such as how it's derived, how it's certified, factors affecting VMCA etc.

It's a lot of work but can be done. I was given 3 weeks notice for stage one and i'm no Einstein. Put your head down/bum up and study. It's worth it.

WP

R2000/1830
29th Jul 2006, 01:19
thanks guys, I downloaded the gouge word doc's from PPRUNE, looks really good. Are they pretty accurate and does anyone know how much of the gouge applies to the first interview. I mean do I need to know the 747 inside and out or is that more for the 2 interview.

Thanks again.

PS. what is the captain XYZ book

WaldoPepper
29th Jul 2006, 01:24
All the info applies to both interviews.

Capt XYZ is a book that was around when I did the interview (2 yrs ago) and has been around for a long time before that. I'm not sure if it's still called the same thing. The exact title: "Preparing for your Cathay Pacific Interview: The Pilots guide" by Captains X, Y, & Z 6th edition"

R2000/1830
29th Jul 2006, 01:30
Thanks again, this forum is great for helping people.

extreme P
9th Aug 2006, 19:43
http://www.jetthrust.com/
The gouge is online forever so no more hotmail troubles. Under General Aviation Discussions. You may have to register to view the files.