PDA

View Full Version : Gold credit card.

G-CPTN
26th Jul 2006, 17:47
Where do I start? Been with Access from the day they started. Was also 'granted' a Barclaycard, until they started to charge an annual subscription. Returned the Barclaycard and have resisted all approaches from them since. That's the way I am.
As I said, I've been with Access from the day they started. I'm an honoured customer (they tell me). SO honoured that they've upgraded me to a Gold card. I didn't ask, in fact I said NO thank-you, I'll continue with my old card, seeing how I know the number now, and I've got that number registered with multiple suppliers (such as my mobile telephone, magazine subscriptions etc etc).
Today, I had a new exhaust system fitted to the car. Credit card refused. PIN OK, just 'not authorised'.
Despite the fact that my current card is 'valid' until 03/07, they've CLOSED THE ACCOUNT. Mrs G-CPTN has a card on the same account (and she also declined the offer).
What can Access DO? "We can only issue you with a fresh normal account (with a new friggin number)"

I'M THE CUSTOMER FFS. I don't LIKE change. I want my original number back! WHY CAN'T THEY LEAVE THINGS ALONE? If it ain't broke, DON'T FIX IT!

colmac747
26th Jul 2006, 17:53
Do you know (and this not relevant to your thread, but what the heck), i have never, ever possessed a cheque book or any type of card, except one plain old bank card.

Erm, so there:8

G-CPTN
26th Jul 2006, 18:03
Don't suppose there's much opportunity for same on Rockall. Not many ATMs to withdraw cash from either.

planeenglish
26th Jul 2006, 18:09
Do you know (and this not relevant to your thread, but what the heck), i have never, ever possessed a cheque book or any type of card, except one plain old bank card.
Erm, so there:8
:eek: What's the other choice?

Plastic, plastic, plastic...no interest if you pay them immediately!

AcroChik
26th Jul 2006, 18:10
I've had a credit card with MBNA forever ~ one of those things parents give to kids for emergencies only. Great customer service!

I had a card with FleetBank, the first I got on my own, since I entered university. Never a problem.

Bank of America bought Fleet's credit card business. New card. New number. Bad, bad, bad customer service when calling about something weird on the statement. They also telemarketed me from India ~ try all these costly services!

Cancelled Bank of America card account. Good riddance!

Got a Chase Bank card. No problems... until I started getting telemarketing calls from India by people who'd quite obviously never had a credit card. Try training your staff! And lose my phone number!

Bank of America just bought MBNA's credit card business. Guess who called me this past Monday?

colmac747
26th Jul 2006, 18:11
:eek: What's the other choice?
Plastic, plastic, plastic...no interest if you pay them immediately!

Cash. That's it. :ok:

planeenglish
26th Jul 2006, 18:12
Cash. That's it. :ok:
What's cash? :}

colmac747
26th Jul 2006, 18:14
Something i withdraw from an ATM with my sole, single bank card!:{

:}

planeenglish
26th Jul 2006, 18:16
Oh, no colmac, you shouldn't touch that stuff. It's dirty, you don't know where it has been....ha ha ha ha :)

Foss
26th Jul 2006, 18:22
I'm always forgetting my flipping number, got the card chewed, phone customer services, and get some bloke in India. :ugh: Took weeks to get the new card.

So far in the last week or two, I've been offered a large loan (already guaranteed), another card from a different company (already guaranteed), and a free phone upgrade with a new company (which was only available today.. like NOW).

Shysters, the lot of 'em.

Fos

G-CPTN
26th Jul 2006, 18:24
Don't suppose there's much opportunity for same on Rockall. Not many ATMs to withdraw cash from either.

colmac747
26th Jul 2006, 18:26
When flown to the St Kilda branch of Lloyds TSB, one never endures a long wait:p

spekesoftly
26th Jul 2006, 18:43
Like G-CPTN, I had an Access card from way back, with no annual fee. About 20 years ago, Access, along with most credit card companies, started charging an annual subscription. Then an advertisement from the Co-op bank, in a national paper, caught my attention. A Gold Credit Card, with a guarantee of no annual fee, for life. I've been a happy customer ever since.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!
26th Jul 2006, 18:46
Fees? wtf are fees. I've got loads of credit cards and I don't pay a dime for 'em.

I also have over thirty five thousand dollars of credit card debt :}

AcroChik
26th Jul 2006, 18:51
Annual fees are unusual in the States. The only card I have with an annual fee is American Express, which I use only for work.

spekesoftly
26th Jul 2006, 19:15
I suspect that many UK credit card companies have long since relented, and no longer charge an annual fee, but without the life-time guarantee, that appealed to me. Like G-TN, I don't wish to be messed about!