PDA

View Full Version : Here's a novel idea...

colmac747
26th Jul 2006, 18:46
...and the first person to **** it, gets six of the best.:suspect:

HAMSTER WHEEL no.1003445678

This wheel, however, must not include the current Middle East shenanigans. All the rest keep getting locked because of it..

North Korea have been off the radar recently. They got the hump or somefink?:hmm:

So, fire away - and remember - NO MIDDLE EAST discussions:D

AcroChik
26th Jul 2006, 19:01
What you're saying then, is that I can't mention that Iran had observers at the recent North Korean missile launchings :oh:

tony draper
26th Jul 2006, 19:39
With our Mirved warheads we can hit both N Korea and Iran with one missile.:E

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!
26th Jul 2006, 19:42
You know there's a lot of tension between some of the "Eastern European" nations and some of the Asia Pacific Rim countries. Like Turkey and Japan for instance. If only they could work somethig out...meet in the middle so to speak.

26th Jul 2006, 20:11
But with the Government's record with computer systems, we could aim at N Korea and Iran, but probably hit Paris and Liverpool instead.

frostbite
26th Jul 2006, 21:17
"but probably hit Paris and Liverpool instead."

Some might regard that as a result.

Grandpa
26th Jul 2006, 21:22
Nukes! Nukes!

Find something else....................

BombayDuck
27th Jul 2006, 06:27
You know there's a lot of tension between some of the "Eastern European" nations and some of the Asia Pacific Rim countries. Like Turkey and Japan for instance. If only they could work somethig out...meet in the middle so to speak.

HEY! We resemble that remark!

(undoubtedly your first thought is to calculate the distance between Japan and Turkey and find the halfway point and prove to me it doesn't fall in India... fiddlesticks to you!)

allan907
27th Jul 2006, 07:01
So what is the definition of "Middle East"?

Italy is obviously not the Middle East but Libya is and bits of that are further west than Italy. And what about Algeria and Morrocco which are further west than the UK.

Perhaps "Middle East" can be defined as Arab. Are Iranians arabs? Is Iran in the Middle East or Asia? And if not, why not, because it is more towards the middle than Oman? Or, looking south is Sudan in the Middle East when it is more north than Yemen? And talking of the north Mashad in Iran is more north than Gibraltar.

We won't even go into the question of Cyprus and Turkey.

Hmm, questions, questions and few answers:confused:

ORAC
27th Jul 2006, 07:29
Hmm, I used this great Circle calculator (http://216.147.18.102/dist/) to find the route between Istanbul and Tokyo. Just about a straight line, never get within 2000nm of the subcontinent. Methinks Bombayduck is being a bit Indocentric......

tony draper
27th Jul 2006, 07:42
In the olden days when we owned most of the world the Near East was the Med Egypt and such,the Middle East was the Sandy places further sounth and east Persian Gulf Aden ect,the Far East was Honkers, Singapore,nobody liked being sent to the Near and Middle but the Far was very popular.
Things were much better when we ran them places,all gone to the dogs since we gave them their freedom.
:rolleyes:

allan907
27th Jul 2006, 09:02
And in the Air Force we had a special name for the Middle East.

The Near East Air Forces were NEAF; the Far East Air Forces were FEAF; and the middle east was Air Forces Middle East - AFME.

I suppose that even then we must have thought that region a little backward.

The SSK
27th Jul 2006, 09:16
Hmm, I used this great Circle calculator (http://216.147.18.102/dist/) to find the route between Istanbul and Tokyo. Just about a straight line, never get within 2000nm of the subcontinent. Methinks Bombayduck is being a bit Indocentric......

Google Earth is handy for that too. The midpoint is around Novokuznetsk, not far from Novosibirsk

GearDown&Locked
27th Jul 2006, 10:31
What you're saying then, is that I can't mention that Iran had observers at the recent North Korean missile launchings :oh:

I've told you people before that this sudden "friendship" is going to get bigger and bigger. Keep watching the news. :oh:

GD&L

Beetlejuice
28th Jul 2006, 10:31
Methinks Bombayduck is being a bit Indocentric......

Pardon me, but should that not read "Mumbai Duck" these days?

ORAC
28th Jul 2006, 10:34
I thought his name was a bit fishy to start with....... :)

Shendidy
28th Jul 2006, 16:41
In the olden days when we owned most of the world the Near East was the Med Egypt and such,the Middle East was the Sandy places further sounth and east Persian Gulf Aden ect,the Far East was Honkers, Singapore,nobody liked being sent to the Near and Middle but the Far was very popular.
Things were much better when we ran them places,all gone to the dogs since we gave them their freedom.
:rolleyes:

Talking about dogs, dogs wonder wherever they want, and steel what's not theirs and no one stops them, cause they're dogs!!
And what do you mean you gave them their freedom?? I thought (as every one knows) they kicked your ass out of their countries!!!

tony draper
28th Jul 2006, 19:15
Yup,and dogs are known to cock their legs and piss on stuff as well. :rolleyes:

AcroChik
28th Jul 2006, 20:18
My understanding is that St John Philby (father of famous traitor Kim Philby), engineered the Saudi oil concession going to Standard Oil, a US company, on an exclusive basis for 50-or-so years, and that's how the Brits were "kicked" out of SA. See Anthony Brown's fabulously done biography of Kim Philby, Treason in the Blood, which also covers his father's very interesting career.

Ozzy
28th Jul 2006, 20:21
Shh. Don't mention the war. I did, but I think I got away with it.:ouch:

Ozzy