PDA

View Full Version : Who's flying Ronnie home?

Smoketoomuch
6th May 2001, 22:38
Ronnie Biggs that is.
Looked like a Falcon 900 from the brief pics on the telly - not many of those in the UK.

Stan Sted
6th May 2001, 23:09
The Beano carried a picture of Ronnie's plane flying out, but painted out any identifying marks on the fuselage.

Crew is French, according to the paper, so might be from French charter firm. Might even be Rupert Murdoch's own exec jet.

From the Beano's picture it appeared that the aircraft took off from Biggin.

Wonder how much the paper has spent on this daft stunt?

SS

exrotarybooty
6th May 2001, 23:12
Hopefully it will be Kamikaze Airways using their senior one-way-only pilot!! :)

Spoonbill
6th May 2001, 23:43
I, like many others no doubt, have been offerd a case of claret to provide more information on this flight, so that a major news organisation (funded by most of us in the UK) can get film footage of the aircraft landed, care to share the info and the booze?
:) :) :)

Stan Sted
7th May 2001, 00:17
My money is on an arrival at EGKB.

Then again, it might be EGLF, EGWU, EGHI, EGHH, EGMH, EGSS, EGGW, EGMC and of course EGLC takes Falcon 900EXs.

Anyone care to open a book on it?

Has anyone seen large numbers of snappers camped out beside any of these fields? You can't miss 'em. They have 1000mm lenses on their cameras and satellite dishes on their cars.

Looks like some of them are going to have a fun night ahead.

liv2fly
7th May 2001, 01:07
Don't know if this will help any, but the jet is a Falcon 900EX, registration F-GSCN. The picture below has the Sun's picture (from Website) as an inset. The Sun sticker is covering up the green four leaf clover on the back. Don't know who operates it or where it's flying into, but someone must have some sort of access to flight plans.....hmmm. Sure love to get my hands on a case of Claret. :)
http://www.xs4all.nl/~jgeg/sunjet.jpg

[This message has been edited by liv2fly (edited 06 May 2001).]

Stan Sted
7th May 2001, 02:35
Ooooeerr

Sudden change of plan. Now looks like Northolt at 1100. A/C is operated by Falcon Services in France.

What are the bets on a sudden change of flight plan during the early hours?

SS

Seloco
7th May 2001, 02:45
Thanks to liv2fly for the pix. I'm not really interested in Ronnie, but does anyone know what the non-standard, Nimrodesque piece of kit is on the top of the 900X's fin?

Stan Sted
7th May 2001, 02:51
Gotta be some sort of satcom system for sending snaps of Ron having a beer/curry/plate of Marmite /etc/etc/ back to the Beano before they land and he is arrested.

Money now firmly on Northolt

cheers SS

tunturi
7th May 2001, 03:03
Here's a radical thought..who gives a flying f...? As long as they chuck the crim in jail on arrival.

Bailed Out
7th May 2001, 11:55
Biggs is back. Landing was a bit smooth for me though, they could have bounced the bugger around a bit, might have finished him off and saved us all some money. Not to mention all the crap headlines we're going to get.

OLNEY 1 BRAVO
8th May 2001, 15:58
Seloco - the bulge on the top of the fin is SATCOM .. a satellite communication system. I think they are standard on the Falcon 900EX but have been retro-fitted on to earlier Falcon 900's and 900B's.

Incidentally, the aircraft in question is a basic 900 not a 900EX.

Dagger-D
8th May 2001, 23:33
It really bugs me the that this worthless criminal is elevated to near superhero status by the media. What is wrong with these so called intelligent people. They did the same with the Krays. Next there'll be the flippin film, the ten part crap serialisation in the sun, and coverage second only the the 4 week bun fight leading up to the general election.

He will never serve his debt to society, (especially the unfortunate train driver), he got away Scot free! The best punishment would have been to let him rot in Rio, after all it was good enough for the 35 years.

F900B
9th May 2001, 05:43
Interesting F-900B, Details are, was built as a Falcon 900 (1988), converted to a Falcon 900B in 1995, had been leased up to that point. Between 1995 to 2001 it was leased 3 times spent some time in the States too. In late 2000 is was bought by a french company called Occitania S.A. who own it now.

Its worth about $22 Million with probably about 4000+ hrs on the airframe. Falcon 900EX did not start to be built until 1995.

That's the facts on this aircraft, sold enought of them, to know what is and what's not. And thats no F900EX lol :)