PDA

View Full Version : Clickair

bilboflyer
26th Jul 2006, 01:13
The new Spanish low-cost airline to be run by Iberia and four partners is to be called Clickair.
Sources at Catair, the company set up to launch the airline, were widely reported in the Spanish press as saying the name Clickair had been chosen to emphasise the sale of tickets on the internet.
Previously, Iberia and its partners ACS, Nefinsa, Iberostar and Quercus had been toying with names which were variations on Mediterranean and had registered several possibilities in the intellectual property register.
Jose Romero de Avila Gonzalez-Albo from ACS Servicios has been appointed as acting president, but the airline – which will be based in Barcelona – is looking
for a long-term president with a high Catalan institutional profile.
Clickair is due to start flights in October with eight European destinations, including Amsterdam, Geneva, Zurich, Prague, Dublin and Lisbon, as well as domestic flights to Malaga, Valencia, Sevilla and Bilbao.
The company intends to start with three planes and increase to five by the end of the year and to 30 by 2008
[COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]The website is expected to be launched later this week.

nickmanl
26th Jul 2006, 08:30
Interesting that on the website an A300 is shown. Surely they won't be operating them and it will instead be A320's?

edit - Isn't there also another ClickAir operated by Oneworld partner Aeromexico?

egnxema
26th Jul 2006, 09:23
Clicked on the link above - there seems to be a guy loading hamsters from a cage into a hatch in front of the engine??

I watched it for a whole minute and counted at least 30 hamsters running in!!

I said "It's a rat!" - and the man from Barcelona replied "Ho, ees a Hhamster!"

Watch it and see what you think.....:E

airhumberside
26th Jul 2006, 09:26
Yes, there a Click in Mexico, but owned by Mexicana

Charlie Roy
28th Jul 2006, 10:35
This link is to an interesting pdf that shows a route map for Click Air:

http://www.elperiodico.com/EDICION/ED060624/CAS/CARP01/PDF/g002mR98.PDF

Barcelona is highlighted in black as the main base, with some other Spanish airports in black, where they will have more than just a connection to Barcelona i.e. also a few other routes.

Blue airports are Click Air routes that are already served from Barcelona by Iberia. Red airports will be Click Air routes that are not currently served from Barcelona by Iberia.

Click Air would want to get their website up and running, the routes and booking engine in operation, and begin marketing if they are starting operations in October!

jongeman
28th Jul 2006, 10:48
I'm looking forward to having a different option to ZB's MAN to BCN, mainly because ZB departs at 0800 (yuk). They'll have to do a lot of local advertising in Manchester to get potential passengers away from EZY and FR (to GRO) from neighbouring Liverpool.

Re Clickair routemap, is it such a fantastic idea to tell the competition where your new airline will probably be flying in future?

Dash-7 lover
28th Jul 2006, 11:34
Not going down too well with Iberia groundstaff in BCN as the airport is closed!!! - seems to be spreading too.

Charlie Roy
7th Sep 2006, 08:30
Website is finally online ;)

cesare.caldi
7th Sep 2006, 10:00
First route of Clickair:

BCN-GVA 2x daily
BCN-LIS 1x daily
BCN-SVQ 6x daily
BCN-ZRH 1x daily

SVQ-ORY 2x daily

VLC-ORY 2x daily
VLC-FCO 1x daily

They are 4 planes, 3 based in BCN and 1 in VLC, this is timetable:

Plane 1 base BCN
BCN-GVA 6.50-8.15
GVA-BCN 8.50-10.10
BCN-LIS 10.45-11.35
LIS-BCN 12.15-15.00
BCN-ZRH 16.10-17.55
ZRH-BCN 18.30-20.10
BCN-SVQ 20.45-22.10
SVQ-BCN 22.35-0.05

Plane 2 base BCN
BCN-SVQ 6.00-7.25
SVQ-BCN 7.50-9.20
BCN-SVQ 9.55-11.20
SVQ-BCN 11.45-13.15
BCN-SVQ 13.50-15.15
SVQ-BCN 15.40-17.10
BCN-GVA 17.45-19.10
GVA-BCN 19.45-21.05
BCN-SVQ 21.40-23.05
SVQ-BCN 23.30-0.59

Plane 3 base BCN
BCN-SVQ 7.00-8.25
SVQ-ORY 9.00-11.15
ORY-SVQ 11.50-14.05
SVQ-ORY 15.40-17.55
ORY-SVQ 18.45-21.00
SVQ-BCN 21.25-22.55

Plane 4 base VLC
VLC-ORY 7.00-8.50
ORY-VLC 9.35-11.25
VLC-FCO 13.00-14.50
FCO-VLC 15.30-17.20
VLC-ORY 18.20-20.10
ORY-VLC 20.55-22.45

daz211
7th Sep 2006, 10:06
Looks like routes to be announced later will be
AMS
TXL
BSL
BIO
DUB
FRA
LYS
AGP
MXP
DME
MUC
OPO
PRG
AND FOR THE UK LHR

If you click on news letter in asks you to select airport
above is a list that are not yet routes

airhumberside
7th Sep 2006, 17:36
I doubt Click Air, as an LCC will serve LHR - Maybe its a connecting flight operated by Iberia?

nivsy
7th Sep 2006, 19:41
Considering hat i use Iberia a lot between AGP and BCN and MAD - i think the new click will make little difference anyhow. Iberia charge for all in flight service as it is. I would hope though that prices for flights will fall. While Iberia have actually cut prices quite significantly due to competition on these routes - it will be interesting to see what cost base Click use.

Nivsy

daz211
9th Oct 2006, 09:02
CLICKAIR the new Spanish low cost carrier, backed by Iberia that made its maiden flight last Sunday, revealed that it is coming into Heathrow next summer, abtn.co.uk reports. Seville and Valencia will be its first destinations.
No other budget airline operates into the world's busiest international airport. Clickair said that by the end of 2008 it will have 30 aircraft and 70 routes.

So are they saying they will base a/c at LHR?

IB4138
9th Oct 2006, 09:26
Probably taking over the current Iberia routes.

Iberia did try this a few years ago, when the LHR-AGP route was transferred to it's subsidiary Viva Air........and what a mistake that was!

ICING AOA
9th Oct 2006, 09:26
No way they base an aircraft in UK because british paella is just uneatable !:yuk: :yuk:

It is very strange that a low cost airline wants to go to Heathrow ! :confused:
Stansted or maybe Gatwick must be more cheaper !

I think Vueling is planing to eventually go to UK as well :ok:

nivsy
9th Oct 2006, 18:44
Saw an Airbus in Click colour scheme the other day at Madrid. Looked quite smart and frankly there service wont be any different from Iberia these days - who like many scheduled carriers on short haul European flights offer you nothing without wanting payment for it!

Nivsy

HarryBA
9th Oct 2006, 19:37
Click are also operating the DUB-BCN route from next march and then the Regular DUB-MAD on Iberia will become twice daily noon and 7pm ish departure from DUB

VanBosh
9th Oct 2006, 20:11
Click are also operating the DUB-BCN route from next march and then the Regular DUB-MAD on Iberia will become twice daily noon and 7pm ish departure from DUB

Is this confirmed? When will it go on sale?

daz211
13th Oct 2006, 21:14
A Clickair A320 en route from Barcelona to Seville as flight 1011 was forced to make an emergency landing at Seville on Tuesday (Oct 10) after the crew reported a failure in the nbr 2 engine. The aircraft landed safely shortly after 2200 however passengers were forced to evacuate using emergency exits.

nivsy
13th Oct 2006, 21:21
Thats a good start then:eek: Guess the machine was "ex" Iberia?

Charlie Roy
16th Oct 2006, 18:39
Barcelona
Malaga ***** 5xdaily ***** starting January
Munich ***** 1xdaily ***** starting January
Porto ***** 1xdaily ***** starting January
Prague ***** 1xdaily ***** starting February
Berlin Tegel ***** 1xdaily ***** starting February
Frankfurt ***** 2xdaily ***** starting March
Amsterdam ***** 2xdaily ***** starting March
Dublin ***** 1xdaily ***** starting March
Basel ***** 1xdaily ***** starting March

Valencia
London Heathrow ***** starting February
Milan Malpensa ***** starting February

Seville
London Heathrow ***** starting February

daz211
16th Oct 2006, 20:58
So I was right from the start, LHR will be a click destination.
lets see how Ryanair handle things from now on, Price war ahead.:ok:

cesare.caldi
22nd Oct 2006, 16:03
Tickets for new Clickair route Valencia-London (LHR) are no more on sale. Why? Maybe problem to obtain slot at Heathrow?

airhumberside
22nd Oct 2006, 17:37
Aren't they just using IB slots?

I cant see VLC-MXP for sale yet either

cesare.caldi
22nd Oct 2006, 21:20
Clickair MXP-VLC timetable from Amadeus:

Daily from 1/02/2007
IB 5715 VLC-MXP 21:10-23:00
IB 5714 MXP-VLC 23:35-01:25 +1

IB= Operated by Clickair

Very bad timetable with arrive in Valencia in late night...

Charlie Roy
28th Oct 2006, 10:15
I see Vueling are introducing a "Points" (Punto) system for frequent flyers. This is possibly a clever idea from Vueling to distinguish themselves from Clickair and to encourage their customers to remain loyal to them.

Well done Vueling! :ok:

PS - I notice that Alicante has disappeared from their routemap :(

ecei
28th Oct 2006, 23:58
Ouch!!

Living in the south of europe has made me very aware of how far the state owned companies will do anything to f.u.b.a.r. the competition!

Shame about the evac, hope no-one was injured! :\

Don't worry Janspeed, nobody was injured in the evacuation, basically cause... there was no evacuation at all!!!

Pax desembarqued in the normal way. :)

ecei
29th Oct 2006, 00:01
Tickets for new Clickair route Valencia-London (LHR) are no more on sale. Why? Maybe problem to obtain slot at Heathrow?

Cesare, no problems with slots anywhere. They are using a lot of IB slots.

About the tickets VLC-LHR, they don't start the operation until Feb'07. I hope they will be for sale very soon :ok:

ICING AOA
29th Oct 2006, 04:07
according to ppjn, the salary is as bad as vueling, probably even worse.
the airbus 320s are very old and consequently there has been already many delays at clickair. is that the reason why clickair could sell low cost tickets ?:bored:

ecei
29th Oct 2006, 11:49
ICING AOA

You may be right saying that the salary is as low as vueling, thats probably the reason why about 18 vlg pilots left vueling and went to Clickair ;) .

And about delays... before saying things like "many delays" you should check what is the puntuality record. Except the days they had some technical problems, the rest was pretty good. Better than vlg, fr,ezy, etc...

ICING AOA
29th Oct 2006, 14:30
dear mate,
you look quite aware of clickair so instead of writting very vague things as stated above, please give us some exact figures !! you will look more credible on that forum ! :ok:

go ahead !;)

ecei
29th Oct 2006, 15:37
dear friend,

I won't dissapoint you and as soon as i can put my paws on some info i will try to show it here for you, but... there is something i don't really understand.

I have to prove with facts what i said (and i will do) to have "some credibility" but... in the other hand, you can say whatever you want to, not proving anything, and you have full credibility? I don't get it.

Is because is easier to criticise someone than helping them to grow?

Seriously, i don't get it. My poor intelect is not able to understand why anybody can say whatever to critizise someone and doesn't have to prove anything but if your opinion is diferent... then you have to bring some facts... don't get it, don't get it. :confused:

But again, don't worry, as soon as i have facts i will bring them here for you to see.

Cheers mate.

ICING AOA
29th Oct 2006, 16:01
I have to prove with facts what i said (and i will do) to have "some credibility" but... in the other hand, you can say whatever you want to, not proving anything, and you have full credibility? I don't get it.

Is because is easier to criticise someone than helping them to grow?

Seriously, i don't get it. My poor intelect is not able to understand why anybody can say whatever to critizise someone and doesn't have to prove anything but if your opinion is diferent... then you have to bring some facts... don't get it, don't get it. :confused:

but what are you saying, Dude ?!!
I only said that I previously read on ppjn that the salary at clickair is very low and as everybody knows, clickair has a fleet of very old aircraft, and I was just wondering if this is WHY this new company can afford to sell some cheap flights ?! nothing else ;) .... The thing is you started to reply at once, being agresive and morever with a lack of acurrate information :confused:

But again, don't worry, as soon as i have facts i will bring them here for you to see.

here we are ! :ok: That's it amigo ! :D ;)
I am sure many of us are in a hurry to see you shortly with your answers !
bye for now !

ecei
29th Oct 2006, 16:19
Icing, it was not my intention to give agresive answers. If thats the perception you got from my answers i will have to apologise. sorry.

Anyway, there is no need to use any :mad: . I think that even if we have different opinions about one subject we can argue without using that language.

About the low prices, I thought that you were a pilot and i still think you are, and i suposed that you knew how marketing in an airline works. Is nothing to do on how old or new the aircrafts are. FR just got lots of brand new B737-800 and they still sell tickets for 0,1 cents.

Clickair is a new airline, they have tough competition, Vueling is based in BCN, EZY flyes there too and FR flys into GRO and REU, not far away from BCN.

So basically the low prices is a way of opening yourself a gap into the market. And not all the seats on board are sell very cheap. As you probably know the price scale in all the low cost airlines, not only CLI, is variable. The first 10 tickets in a flight are extreamly cheap, and the busier the plane gets and the closer to the day of flying you get, the most expensive the tickets get.

Nothing to do with how old the a/c are or how good the mx guys are.

The other discussion was about punctuality. I am trying to get info from somebody inside the company. But as far as I remember last time he showed to me they were about 97% in a 15 minutes range delay. Obviously thats not including the couple of days they had technical problems. I think that thats not a bad record for a new company.

Anyway i will try to get some accurate info, hopefully i can get something during the week, and post it here.

Again, my apologies if you felt insulted by my previous answers, it was not my intention at all.

ICING AOA
29th Oct 2006, 17:02
Anyway, there is no need to use any :mad:

dont worry at all, I am very cool and I was just using this smile as a jocke !

The first day when clickair started its operations, the flights had a huge delay due to a technical problems on its aircraft.
Some days ago, we heard about clickair ! not about its good punctality,but about an inflight engine flame out ! and very recently, once again, many other flights were delayed due to some problems with the engines..
It is bad luck, and I really wish all the best to clickair anyway. But I am just wondering if there is a market to take nowdays, in front of ryanair, easyjet and maybe Vueling :rolleyes:
With clickair, iberia is not going to recruit some new pilots, and the salaries and working conditions are not going to remain as good as it used to be till now..:(

dartagnan
8th Nov 2006, 10:37
http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/clickair.htm

triplerotor
4th Dec 2006, 10:46
Does anyone know why Clickair are only booking up to end of March 07? I guess they are trying to get a summer schedule together but it seems strange for a new airline to miss out on early cash flow...

Any insights as to when summer schedules are to be released appreciated

catair
5th Dec 2006, 16:50
In link removed we have been following clickair even before it was called clickair but I am afraid this has not helped much for me answering.
Even having our headquarters in Barcelona has not helped us much in
been better informed ...
But I read that in January or February clickair will know which slots are given to them so that maybe that's the reason why you only can book until March. They are starting to fly so I imagine is logical they go step by step.
What causes me a bit of surprise is that clickair now flies some of the flights that Iberia used to fly so this problem with reservations should matter a lot.

I often find latest news at www.hosteltur.com (http://www.hosteltur.com) (they seem to be in very
good terms or at least I always find fresh news there ...in Spanish)

riptack
31st Jan 2007, 10:44
Clickair are still not selling tickets for SVQ - LHR for dates after March. If they are using IB slots what's the problem? It's very annoying! I've booked with another company cos I don't want to wait any longer.

Anyone know why they're doing this? It seems like commercial sucide - advertise flights, get customers to website and then have no flights for sale!!!:ugh:

Charlie Roy
31st Jan 2007, 11:43
New destinations from April 1st:

Vigo
A Coruņa
Santiago de Compostela

DONTTELLTHEPAX
31st Jan 2007, 16:37
Spanish airline Clickair, who will become the first low cost carrier to operate from Heathrow when it launches flights to Seville and Valencia tomorrow, is considering further flights from Spain to Gatwick, Luton and Stansted airports.

pabely
31st Jan 2007, 16:48
DONTTELLTHEPAX

The Spanish fighting for business between the Spanish, should be interesting!

riptack
7th Feb 2007, 20:55
Still no London flights available after March are they pulling the p*ss or what?? (Es una bruma?? Es una compania un poco chunga!) Don't they have slots in LHR?

Anybody know what's happening??

airhumberside
8th Feb 2007, 11:07
There meant to be starting La Coruna-LHR, I guess replacing IB

riptack
14th Feb 2007, 12:11
I know I'm repeating myself but somebody must know why Clickair aren't selling tickets on some routes after March???? anyone??

Charlie Roy
20th Feb 2007, 16:44
Animation on Clickair's website's homepage announcing 19 new routes:

To Europe, Russia and Africa from Barcelona
Casablanca
Marrakech
Tunis
Malta
Palermo
Naples
Rome
Pisa
Verona
Venice
Vienna
Budapest
Dubrovnik
Bucharest
Warsaw
Helsinki
Moscow

Domestic
La Coruna - Seville
Barcelona - Jerez

airhumberside
20th Feb 2007, 17:52
Interesting how they are keeping out of the BCN-UK market - is it saturated?

DONTTELLTHEPAX
20th Feb 2007, 18:02
There is talk of them looking at STN and LTN, :bored: but I dont
think they are big enough or strong enough to compeat with FR or EZY.

Charlie Roy
20th Feb 2007, 18:16
Outside of London, Click are interested in starting services to Southampton and Manchester :cool:

johnrizzo2000
20th Feb 2007, 20:10
I think its a wise move to stay out of the London-BCN market. BA, IB, EZY and FR makes for some serious competition, for a relatively new new airline. I'm glad to see them expanding, and there routes dont seem half bad!

cesare
21st Feb 2007, 16:47
Clickair change LHR-SVQ to LGW-SVQ

From 25/03

SVQ-LGW 13:55-15:30 daily
LGW-SVQ 16:10-19:50 daily

airhumberside
21st Feb 2007, 17:25
Shame for Seville to loose its Heathrow service but I guess Click Air will find it more profitable to move the flight to LGW and sell the Heathrow slot

SAM-EMA
21st Feb 2007, 17:31
Is there any likely chance in the future for Click to start BCN to EMA, because since WW and EZY have pulled off the route, we have only been left with GIR with FR. Surely there is demand for BCN as at one time two airlines were serving it.

Thanks
SAM-EMA

Charlie Roy
21st Feb 2007, 18:12
BCN - EMA wasn't in their 5 year plan, but I suppose they are always looking at potential routes, 5 year plan or not.

riptack
21st Feb 2007, 20:31
This is bad news for Sevilla, it makes it even hard to make an international connection. Via Madird is great for South America but not so great for USA. At least it explains (at last!) why they haven't been selling tickets beyond March!

GoEDI
27th Feb 2007, 01:35
Outside of London, Click are interested in starting services to Southampton and Manchester

They have slots for daily BCN-EDI starting 1st August.

Daza
27th Feb 2007, 16:46
Now that London Airways have finally retreated to last bastion LHR maybe Click will operate the previously profitable BA BHX-MAD,MAN-MAD and BHX-BCN heres hoping? BHX-BCN is being served with BMIBaby commencing flying on this route for the summer. Neither BHX or MAN two of UKs most important cities have a link to the Spanish capital?:ugh: :ugh:
Daza (im getting quite carried away today)
Better take one of my blue pills!!:} :} :} and lie down

airhumberside
27th Feb 2007, 17:03
Iberia wont let Click operate any MAD routes, at least not at the moment

cesare
27th Feb 2007, 19:01
Clickair open SVQ-FRA and SVQ-AMS daily from 1st May

Charlie Roy
15th Mar 2007, 23:02
Sorry if this is a bit off topic, but I see that Vueling have launched a Paris base :D

They will compete with Clickair on Seville - Paris.

While I think Vueling have an outstanding product, I find their strategy of forever starting routes that are already served heavily by competitors as rather risky... :ouch:

climbto410
16th Mar 2007, 09:29
hi charly roy,

wherefrom did you receive the information about new cdg vueling base? is it already active? i´m just courious...

best regards

malagajohn
16th Mar 2007, 10:03
Flights begin to operate at the end of June , i believe

Charlie Roy
16th Mar 2007, 15:54
The Vueling website shows the new CDG routes and the timetable confirms that CDG based aircraft will fly these routes and increase the frequency on existing routes.

http://www.boarding.no/art.asp?id=25678

Bagmanlgw
19th Mar 2007, 12:43
Any idea who will be the handling agent for Clickair at LGW ?

Shanwickman
6th Dec 2007, 10:52
Can anybody tell me if Clickair are dropping the BCN/DUB route. Not bookable after January 31st 2008. Also IB shows the route only available via MAD. They used to show the clickair flights.

ecei
26th Dec 2007, 22:54
Yep mate, Clickair is stopping the BCN-DUB from the first of February but will restart it for the summer period.