PDA

View Full Version : Stephen Lawrence

G-CPTN
25th Jul 2006, 22:59
An investigation is being launched over claims that police corruption helped shield the killers of black teenager Stephen Lawrence from conviction.
A BBC investigation alleges that the murder inquiry's Det Sgt John Davidson was paid by drug smuggler Clifford Norris, father of suspect David Norris.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/5214644.stm

Chesty Morgan
25th Jul 2006, 23:18
who now runs a bar in Spain

Says it all really!

Frustrating beyond belief. Do we now have to be protected from those who are supposed to be protecting us?!

G-CPTN
25th Jul 2006, 23:22
Knowing it, and PROVING it are different things.

I KNOW, but I can't prove. I've been told by Police (off the record). Several, independantly, but they'd never stand up in court and repeat it.

AcroChik
25th Jul 2006, 23:25
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Chesty Morgan
25th Jul 2006, 23:32
Exactly AcroChik!

G-CPTN

You could tell, just by their behaviour and arrogance, that they were guilty! Methinks I have just condemned all Chavs...oh well!

I've been told by Police (off the record). Several, independantly, but they'd never stand up in court and repeat it.

Why not? Surely that's their job...init?

If the hard facts are out there why the f*ck isn't something done about it?

Score another for the bad guys:ugh: .

G-CPTN
25th Jul 2006, 23:39
Why not? Surely that's their job...init?
One was the arresting officer (nearing retirement), acting on instructions from his superior. Not prepared to risk his pension. Freemasonry rules.

Wedge
25th Jul 2006, 23:52
If true, absolutely disgusting. There's nothing worse than a bent copper.

Bloody funny handshakes :mad:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

No one, obviously. If this story is true it proves that the Police investigation was not only incompetent, it was deliberately and criminally undermined.

terryJones
25th Jul 2006, 23:54
We never hear as much about ross Parker though...
http://www.seanbryson.com/articles/ross_parker.html

Chesty Morgan
26th Jul 2006, 00:07
No. It would be politically incorrect to castigate some minority ethnics (or whatever the hell we call them these days) for the murder of a simple white boy:ugh: :mad:

Affirmative Action here we come!

PPRuNe Radar
26th Jul 2006, 01:31
We never hear as much about ross Parker though.

Is that not because his killers were found guilty and convicted ??

Wedge
26th Jul 2006, 02:45
Exactly PPRuNe Radar - convicted after a correctly conducted Police investigation which was not the subject of incompetence, negligence, institutional racism and alleged corruption (amounting to criminality) by the Police.

I also suspect that website linked above may have a something of a dubious agenda. Have a quick browse round it if you don't believe me :hmm:

Gordon17
26th Jul 2006, 11:05
One thing that worries me slightly about the new allegations of corruption is that they come from a self-confessed "bent copper", which for me damages their credibility.

Please note that I am only questioning the credibility of the man who made the new allegations and am not in anyway defending any actions of the police in the case.

G-CPTN
26th Jul 2006, 11:21
A point made about this 'bent copper turned informant' is that ALL of his other whistle-blowing reports have been investigated and found plausible - apart from his allegations WRT the current case which have been overlooked, thus his 'going public' via the media. Meanwhile, a senior investigating officer (investigating corruption) has gone on record saying that he has 'no doubt' that the accused officer IS corrupt.