PDA

View Full Version : Why can't people READ!!

lexxity
25th Jul 2006, 20:39
Ok, so I have a listing on fleabay right now and I have stated 3 separate times that if you live outside of the UK then you are to contact me for a shipping quote prior to bidding. Because the box is 17kgs so it is expensive to send.

Only ONE person has done this and three others have bid first then contacted me.

The one person who has done this is from the US.

The thing that really annoys me is that all of the people who can't read are from one country.

So my question is this why can't Canadians read? ARGH!!!:mad:

incoming............................

G-CPTN
25th Jul 2006, 20:43
Isn't Canada part of the UK?

HowlingWind
25th Jul 2006, 20:49
So my question is this why can't Canadians read? Now you know why Canadian law requires all product information to be provided in English and French... :E

AcroChik
25th Jul 2006, 20:57
Shouldn't it be, "Why can't people READ?"

Sorry, given the thread topic I couldn't resist this bit of infantile babble.

lexxity
25th Jul 2006, 20:57
Ontario isn't Quebec!!!!!

green granite
25th Jul 2006, 21:11
Can you repeat the question in braile please Lexxie :)

lexxity
25th Jul 2006, 21:14
:::- :.: -::.

don't start GG.

:E

HowlingWind
25th Jul 2006, 21:24
Ontario isn't Quebec!!!!!It doesn't matter. The law's the law, be it Quebec or Alberta. :ugh:

Don't fret, I was just having fun. Actually, I think AcroChik got it in one! :sad:

lexxity
25th Jul 2006, 21:40
Acrochick is of course correct, I am just so sick of having to cancel bids it is affecting my grammar! ARGH!!!!:mad:

djk
25th Jul 2006, 22:00
Ok, so I have a listing on fleabay right now and I have stated 3 separate times that if you live outside of the UK then you are to contact me for a shipping quote prior to bidding. Because the box is 17kgs so it is expensive to send.
Only ONE person has done this and three others have bid first then contacted me.
The one person who has done this is from the US.
The thing that really annoys me is that all of the people who can't read are from one country.
So my question is this why can't Canadians read? ARGH!!!:mad:
incoming............................

perhaps they can't read accents ;)

G-CPTN
25th Jul 2006, 22:01
I am just so sick of having to cancel bids it is affecting my grammar! ARGH!!!!:mad:
Would that be your father's mother, or your mother's mother?

G-CPTN
25th Jul 2006, 23:36
BERLIN (Reuters) - A German woman sparked panic at her local post office when a 1.5-metre (5-foot) albino python escaped from a packet she had mailed, police said on Tuesday.
The 28-year-old woman, who had sold the snake over the Internet, stuffed it in a package labelled "attention -- glass" to be sent to its new owner.
"Staff accepted the package and put it in the back of the office -- they had no idea what it was," said police spokesman Andreas Blum. "All of a sudden, they noticed that it started moving around and then saw a big snake wriggling out of it."
One of the postal workers in the western city of Mechernich, who was familiar with snakes, wrestled with it and locked it into another container, while her colleagues ran away.
While it is not a crime to send snakes by post, the woman is being investigated for the improper treatment of animals.

AcroChik
25th Jul 2006, 23:46
"Armin Meiwes (born 1961 in Germany) is a cannibalistic internet user who became known as the "Rotenburg Cannibal" or "Der Metzgermeister" (The Master Butcher). Meiwes posted an advertisement on the Internet, looking for a willing victim. Bernd Jürgen Armando Brandes replied to his posting, and they arranged to meet so Meiwes could kill and eat Brandes."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armin_Meiwes

Beware a substantial YUCK factor here.

Howard Hughes
26th Jul 2006, 00:37
While it is not a crime to send snakes by post,
What the? It sure should be...:=

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!
26th Jul 2006, 01:37
what if they go air-mail?

ehwatezedoing
26th Jul 2006, 04:26
Don't feel that bad lexxity, :=
I'm sure you missed couple of calls from USA.

You know, all those who cannot read your phone number. :E

frostbite
26th Jul 2006, 13:07
Sold an antenna switch a while ago.

First sentence of description said 'Three way switch with N-type sockets'.

Buyer emailed to complain that it had N-type sockets!

goshdarnit
26th Jul 2006, 13:16
I can't help it - so just how much does it cost to send a 17kg box to Canadia?

G-CPTN
26th Jul 2006, 13:20
Have you tried Luxustransport?