PDA

View Full Version : You have mail....

ORAC
25th Jul 2006, 07:05
Prince Charming (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-2283817,00.html)

Full text of email. (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=397355&in_page_id=1770)

I thought hell had no fury like a woman scorned? I didn´t think it applied when you asked her out as well..... :uhoh:

Howard Hughes
25th Jul 2006, 07:12
To paraphrase, "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned" , The End.:=

I would have thought most people not only women, would loved to have received a message like that...:O

She was obviously interested enough to give him her email, humpff, women...:ugh:

tinpis
25th Jul 2006, 07:27
Does anyone remember the Alsaskan Assassin? (http://www.usafatoday.com/Folklore/modules/news/article.php?storyid=131)

Apparently now flying Helos up north?

Whirlygig
25th Jul 2006, 07:33
She was obviously interested enough to give him her email, humpff, women...
Hang on. She didn't give him her email address. He got it from an email sent to all the invitees of the party which they went to. A good reason for people to use BCC more often to save their email address being forwarded to others.

And the girl only forwarded it to her sister. What's wrong with that; it's the sister who forwarded it to all and sundry, probably out of spite.

Cheers

Whirls

Howard Hughes
25th Jul 2006, 07:35
Thanks for clearing that up, so he's inventive and romantic (sic), that makes her even worse!!:hmm:

Some (read most) men are unable to read the signals given out by women especially when drunk, in these cases a simple NO is sufficient for most to get the message.:ok:

ORAC
25th Jul 2006, 07:36
And the girl only forwarded it to her sister.
Three fastest ways to spread news - telephone, telegram and tell a woman.... :hmm:

Pan Pan Splash
25th Jul 2006, 08:54
Got to say, albeit his attempt was a bit mushy to open with.. I do feel sorry for the fella..:rolleyes:

Just shows you guys, women profess to want romance, communication and thought... but do they???:p

Maybe in this guys case the "Stop yer grinnin' and drop yer linen" approach would have been better suited??:O

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!
25th Jul 2006, 13:36
To paraphrase, "Hell hath no fury like a woman" , The End.:=

AcroChik
25th Jul 2006, 15:36
If I read the scenario correctly, it was her sister, not the recipient herself, who gave the poor fellow's email missive world-wide distributon. Trying to set him up for ridicule simply because of some rather fullsome prose. Shame on her! At the very least that sort of behavior's inelegant.

All the recipient herself did was forward the email to her sister with a simple comment.

The email itself might be a little over-the-top, but I don't find it offensive in any way.

Here's a fun anecdote you might enjoy:

I was in the ops-center of an FBO with my boss when a guy in a Flight Options (FLOPS) uniform approached me and said, "Listen, my buddy over there bet me twenty bucks you wouldn't have coffee with me. Wuddaya say? Wanna have a coffee?" My boss pulled out his wallet, removed a $20.00 bill and said, "Here, you don't make enough to pay off the bet. Really, take the money."

The email the guy sent to the woman was certainly many levels above that social flop.

ShyTorque
25th Jul 2006, 19:44
Having been challenged to a $20 bet to get a lady to take a coffee, a better way would have been to go over and say "Hi, how would you like to win $10?"

It's just the mercenary in me......... :E

G-CPTN
25th Jul 2006, 20:58
Nah! She'd want the full $20 . . .
Might be worth it though.

AcroChik
25th Jul 2006, 22:15
I may be cheap, but I ain't easy :p

TVIR40
25th Jul 2006, 23:10
Anyone have his email or number? He sounds a lovely guy!;)

AcroChik
25th Jul 2006, 23:13
He's certainly more articulate than the majority of guys I dated. I'd wager a dollar that he'd be capable of an hour's decent conversation.

Bahn-Jeaux
25th Jul 2006, 23:52
"Hell hath no fury like a woman"

Hell is a woman, especially the Ginger Nutter I live with. :}

fmgc
26th Jul 2006, 00:23
Whirls:

A good reason for people to use BCC more often

Why oh why can't everybody do that, it would reduced spam significantly,

Spose it is too late now really.

Absolutely Fabulous
26th Jul 2006, 07:24