PDA

View Full Version : R22 Hire / flight training schools in New York

chester2005
25th Jul 2006, 00:46
Hi again all.

In September I will be over in the USA and I am planning on 3 days in New York city before returning to the UK , so I was wondering if anyone could recommend a school which has R22s or R44s that I could book a few hours in to do some sightseeing over the big apple .

I thought of contacting Boatpix but thought against it as it will be the last few days of September so not really big sailing time , also I believe they only really like people who like to build lots of hours when all I want is a little sightseeing time.

People on this forum have helped me in the past with various questions and hopefully this time will be no different. :D :D

I believe in recommendation so please help with goods places to look into or bad places to avoid.

Please feel free to PM me if you wish.

Thanks in advance Chester :ok: :ok:

P.S. I did initially post this on another thread regarding hour building advice etc but nobody replied and i could really do with some help please thanks.

whirlydude
25th Jul 2006, 08:45
Try this company http://www.pegasusflight.com/index.html

ENG Brit
25th Jul 2006, 19:54
Also consider on Long Island at Farmingdale, Long Island Helicopter.
Further East at Ronkonkoma Helicopter Flight Training.
Or at White Plains/Westchester Co. Wings Air LLC
Wings is 300C, the others R22. You can Google the websites.
Alternatively, if you dont mind giving up the stick, try a tour with Liberty Helicopters (EC130 or Astar) or NY Helicopters (Longranger). You can google the addresses.
Have fun in the Big Apple.
ENG Brit

ATPMBA
25th Jul 2006, 22:25
There may be a flight school at Linden, New Jersey. That would put you at about 7 miniutes away from the Statue of Liberty (in a S300c).

Enjoy.

thecontroller
26th Jul 2006, 11:28
try

http://www.nassauhelicopters.com/

TheFlyingSquirrel
26th Jul 2006, 11:48
the controller......

don't bother........if you've been there, you'll understand !