PDA

View Full Version : Uncooperative pax LGW - PRN

BASkyFly
24th Jul 2006, 20:05
I regularly do the LGW (London Gatwick) to PRN (Pristina, Kosovo) and must rant that that particular flight must have the most uncooperative pax in the whole wide world!

These pax consist of mainly native Kosovans/Albanians and the odd people going there on business. The kids are uncontrollable.....my last flight had 3 children (aged between approx 6 and 13) all sat together while mum and dad sat away from them and did not reprimand them when they were obviously bothering the other pax. They were play fighting, which was seriously p*ssing off british couple of travellers behind them. I asked them to calm down but did they heck. They spent pretty much the whole flight buzzing for a FA to get them a drink and caused more havoc when refused. Mum and dad just sat there......

Also when flight arrives in PRN, just landed, seatbelts sign still lit, silly bloody pax get up and start rummaging in their overhead lockers ignoring the pursers request for them to remain seated for their own benefit.

Should I say more on this???????????????

Ok, Rant over :ugh:

Runaway Gun
24th Jul 2006, 20:13
I feel for you.

But, apart from the military flights, can anyone tell me which airlines successfully enforce the "don't stand up until the seat belt sign is extinguished" rule? I never see it happen.

xl1
24th Jul 2006, 20:29
i just love it when the flight crew go heavy handed on the brakes and they all stumble makes me chuckle anyways:D :D

BASkyFly
24th Jul 2006, 20:46
i just love it when the flight crew go heavy handed on the brakes and they all stumble makes me chuckle anyways:D :D

:ok: :DTee hee hee

Randomtox
25th Jul 2006, 11:39
For the first time ever today - flying from Southampton to Newcastle - the aircraft pulled up to the stand...stopped....and the seatbelt signs did NOT switch off.......and everyone sat there with their seatbelts on until it was switched off.

Not quite sure why this was the case......but it's the first time I've ever seen it !

random

air2000dub
25th Jul 2006, 17:04
On my flights I always make a polite but firm PA just as we are about to stop at the gate, just to remind pax to remain seated and it always works.

Dash-7 lover
25th Jul 2006, 17:22
Randomtox

Probably the shock of arriving in one piece and on the same day!

flybywire
25th Jul 2006, 17:42
AH, the PRN flights........

I have had an AVOID bid on Carmen since my very first PRN flight......

On such flights I've had to do ANYTHING, including cleaning a 4 year old's bum after she did number 2 as her mother was sitting with a newborn who finally fell asleep after crying his lungs out for a good hour and a bunch of other kids of similar ages. It was a matter of either do it quick or having to put up with the smell for another 3 hours!

Also on another PRN, and this was the most revolting thing I've ever seen, somebody used Toilet D just after the end of climb and managed to spread LOTS of poo all over the sink and mirror....I will never forget when I discovered this...that's the ONLY time in my life I've actually been physically sick on a plane. I presume they cleaned themselves with their hand and then cleaned their hand anywhere they could. :yuk: :yuk: :yuk:

PRN flights..........a long, tiring day for crew and passengers alike....only we have to do the return sector as well!!! :uhoh:

FBW:(

FormerFlyer
25th Jul 2006, 20:43
AH, the PRN flights........
Also on another PRN, and this was the most revolting thing I've ever seen, somebody used Toilet D just after the end of climb and managed to spread LOTS of poo all over the sink and mirror....I will never forget when I discovered this...that's the ONLY time in my life I've actually been physically sick on a plane. I presume they cleaned themselves with their hand and then cleaned their hand anywhere they could. :yuk: :yuk: :yuk:
FBW:(

Just plain vile :yuk:

cheers ;)
FF

eidah
26th Jul 2006, 09:18

I use to have cpt who used to listen to the PA and as soon as i made the announcement once again please remain seated he slammed on the brak so funny:ok:

ABird747
26th Jul 2006, 20:09
Try living in West London among hordes of Albanians... you think they're dirty on the plane, come round my neck of the woods and take a look.

tuismile
27th Jul 2006, 11:31
Try living in West London among hordes of Albanians... you think they're dirty on the plane, come round my neck of the woods and take a look.

You are sooo right!! My gran has got Albanians living next dorr, two doors down, across the road and behind her house....Since they've moved in...I have never seen so much rubbish and so many rats around the area!! It's disgusting!!

Got nothing against them wanting to live, but when you see the rubbish left in the front gardens it's not pleasant. Don't know what they do in Albania, but I'm sure it ain't pleasant!!

Mile High Member
27th Jul 2006, 12:37
WELLLLLL, If you have ever actually been out of PRN airport and into the city you will see what a sh*t-tip it actually is....it is grim.....more grim than the BA deli sandwiches :p

The people are ignorant to say the least.......like in the UK or other western countries you smile at people perhaps who catch your eye in the street.....nope, just filth, filthy looks except for the UN....lots of UN presence there. The people there just stare at you too, staring to a point where when you have walked past them, they actually stop in their tracks, turn around and stare at you some more. I had a bunch of schoolgirls walking behind me one time all very obviously laughing and taking the p*ss out of me. Now I know these people have been through hard times with the Balkans war but damn, I have never met people so rude in all my life. The city is grim......dirty with rubbish strewn everywhere, and very dirty roads and it is very dangerous for a woman to walk alone after dark.....even in broad daylight the men lear at women as they go by....not a nice place at all and the rudeness/ignorance of the albanian kosovars on the BA flight from LGW TO PRN simply spoil it for the rest of the travellers.

Mile High Member
27th Jul 2006, 12:40
Oh, and just to add......you FA's who do the LGW-PRN return flight I feel extremely sorry for you indeed! I only travel there as a PAX to visit serving friends there!

flybywire
27th Jul 2006, 17:37
Guys......Pristina is actually the capital of Kosovo.

Kosovo was for decades the site of horrid wars and terrible famine. People didn't have anything to eat and were drained by both international and civil (internal) wars. So it's understandable that the city is still a wreck (despite Lots of US investments are taking place...a few interests in the area I suppose:hmm: ) and that people haven't been able to get a proper education. It was a country killed by the war!!

However, what happened in my case wasn't actually the opera of a Kosovars....It was somebody who spoke English fluently and, on the PIL, appeared to be on a mission for the UN!!!!!!!!!!!:yuk: :yuk:

However passengers from Montenegro/Albania/Serbia/Kosovo etc do tend to have large families and are not able to control their kids or to properly look after them during the flight, creating a mess and sometimes being a total nuisance for crew and passengers alike!!:(

FBW

Eddy
27th Jul 2006, 21:39
including cleaning a 4 year old's bum after she did number 2....

Dangerous territory. I'd have lived with it, but I guess it's a case of horses for courses.

As for the standing up thing, just call the flight crew and ask them to stop the aircraft. Most will be willing to do so at smaller airports, if only for a second or two. When faced with the prospect of a delay in getting to the gate, most will sit down.

Further, threaten them with legal action. They are disobeying a direct command from the Captain and endangering the safety of their fellow passengers.