PDA

View Full Version : BRISBANE Airport

Sunfish
23rd Jul 2006, 22:54
What a nice airport - but with one teensy flaw that makes it useless.

Brisbane airport connects its domestic and international terminals with a TRAIN.

OK, so what? Lots of airports do.

But the Brisbane airport trains run to a public transport type unreliable schedule. In other words, you can sit on the platform for thirty minutes waiting for a train to take you on a five minute trip.

It happened to me Friday night. No taxis available, anyway no taxi driver wants to queue up for a five minute fare between terminals. The F&*^&ing train was late and a I almost missed my domestic connection as a result (Thank you for helping VB staff, if I had been flying jetstar I would have lost my ticket).

To add insult to injury, the platform morons didn't even seem to understand why people were running along the platform trying to make their flights.

Get rid of the train system Brisbane. Its an embarassment. Replace it with shuttle busses on a five minute schedule.

P.S. The signage of your "Airtrain" is useless and in some cases its ambiguous. It doesn't explain how to get to the platforms, it doesn't explain the schedule or give updates until you actually reach the platform - which means people can't make an informed decision on whether to take train or taxi.

I will no longer be using this airport if I can avoid it.

PeterP
24th Jul 2006, 09:09
Some people! A multi-million dollar investment has made the infrastructure to and from Brisbane into an internationally acclaimed project. Everyone that uses the airport now finds the place massively customer-friendly and easy to use. It starts to get awards from organisations like IATA.

But that's no good for Sunfish, who didn't take the trouble to check transport arrangements before flying. And now wants to blame everyone else.

Hawk
24th Jul 2006, 09:28
Oh! welcome. Don't think we have had Brisbane airport on the forum before, "beautiful one day..perfect the next"..I believe it goes.

wawkrk
24th Jul 2006, 11:21
Its about 6 years since I was in Brisbane, but It stuck in my memory as being very difficult to use when changing terminals.I could not easily see what to do.
I had 2 very heavy cases.To make matters worse, I had a tremendous nose bleed at the time. So one hand pinching my nose, the other trying to drag two cases.It took an age to find out how to change terminals.
When I eventually reached the taxi rank. I had to wait in the queue for a very long time. Finally my turn came. The driver jumped out and went to the taxi behind and pulled the driver out. They rolled about in the road for about 20 mins knocking seven bells out of each other. Something to do with queue jumping. Finally the police came but by this time I was close to missing my connection.
I was dripping with blood and sweat and almost passing out.
Not the airports fault of course but it was not at all user friendly.
Now, maybe its ok.

glekichi
26th Jul 2006, 15:06
Was there in March and agree 100% with Sunfish on this one.
Especially frustrating when u can see the other damned terminal right there! :mad: