PDA

View Full Version : Any experiences with IE 7 Beta 2

Tartan Giant
23rd Jul 2006, 21:39
Hi chaps,
I bought the July 2006 Windows XP magazine and on one of the free CD's is IE 7 Beta 2.

It raves on a bit about the new bits, but I was wondering:hmm: if anybody here has installed this beast and has it been worth it?

Many thanks:ok:

TG

Saab Dastard
23rd Jul 2006, 22:30
I've not tried it myself (I don't generally touch beta software if I don't have to!), but judging from various forums, the thumbs are up for features, but totally down for uninstalling it!

Especially as Beta 3 is now out - and it requires you to (painfully) uninstall Beta 2 - thus reverting (hopefully) to IE6.

SD

Tartan Giant
23rd Jul 2006, 22:33
Well that is all the news I need about IE7 B2.:uhoh:

Thanks again SD

TG

ORAC
24th Jul 2006, 04:17
I didn't have any problems uninstalling it at all. Just used the control panel and it came straight out. It was OK, the multiple tabs were useful, but I had an annoying bug where it kept saying about every 30 seconds, on some sites, that the webpage wanted to close the tab and did I want too. Just got too much after a while. Haven't tried the new version yet.

Saab Dastard
24th Jul 2006, 11:23
ORAC,

I guess the thing about forming an opinion from support forums is that no-one posts messages saying that they have no problems! :O

I'm sure that like you many / most Beta 2 users had no problem with the uninstall.

My impression was that a very significant number did, and that it was not at all easy to fix when it did go wrong.

SD