PDA

View Full Version : Easyjet - Based at Newcastle

Bubblybabe1
23rd Jul 2006, 15:28
Can anyone tell me how I could go about getting a job with Easyjet based at Newcastle? They are not currently recruiting but I do know they have a base there. I applied a few months ago but have heard nothing. Surely there must be some sort of way!??! Any feedback from anyone would be great! Thanks!!!!

mmeteesside
23rd Jul 2006, 18:14
They must be recruiting for NCL? Some cancellations due to lack of crew over the last few days! Good luck!

mmeteesside

SallyEZY
23rd Jul 2006, 18:52
You can only apply for the London bases, DTM, ORY and SXF. Going to NCL is very difficult. You have to put yourself on a waiting list and wait for a long time. Maybe you're be lucky and it taks not longer than a year.....

Bubblybabe1
23rd Jul 2006, 20:05
So does that mean I would have to move to london then try and get re-located back up to newcastle? Thanks for replying guys appreciate it! :O

SallyEZY
24th Jul 2006, 16:25
Yepp....that's it...

MME4eva
24th Jul 2006, 17:17
Does anyone know if these crew shortages at NCL are likely to affect any more flights this summer?

Maude Charlee
26th Jul 2006, 11:09
I know half a dozen newbies who joined in the last 6-12 months or so and all got NCL as their first base once training was complete.

Bubblybabe1
26th Jul 2006, 12:48
Thats interersting! So do you have to pick 2 or 3 bases and have them in order of preference? Seems like they are understaffed at the moment. Do you work for easyjet Maude? If so are the good to work for? Thanks!

Maude Charlee
27th Jul 2006, 12:15
'Fraid not kiddo, but I used to work for the handlers and I obviously spent a lot of time around the crews. Great bunch of folk at NCL - probably some of the best actually - but the company will work you hard and that takes its toll on the fun of the job.

easyJet Galley King
27th Jul 2006, 14:02
If you havent heard a dickie bird, I'd re-apply. They have moved offices lately, so things could have gone astray

When I went for my interview for Bristol (Which like Newcastle was hard to get in to), I was asked if i'd be willing to work from London first. Luckily, got straight into Bristol, though it was a year ago now.

Having worked with a few new entrants at Bristol recently, some have said that a few new recruits have been heading to Newcastle.

Massive shortage at Bristol, so you could apply there, and with staff travel straight away, and 3x flights a day to Newcastle, could go home very frequently until a position at Newcastle arrives should there not be any available when you apply. Cheaper cost of living too in comparison to London.

Although worked hard (6 days on 3 days off) and from Newcastle up to 6 sectors a day, Im reliably informed we are one of the best paid short haul airlines out there (Dont have a go if im wrong!) Commission on everything you sell onboard, Staff travel approx £30rtn all over Europe, good pension and share/saving schemes, and regular parties and knees up.

I love it.