PDA

View Full Version : RAF Northolt and NetJets

ORAC
23rd Jul 2006, 04:44
RAF accused on jet set landings at air base (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/newspaper/0,,176-2281818,00.html) :ouch:

Chainkicker
23rd Jul 2006, 09:35
Suprised no-ones done a story on this before now. Its been going on for several years now. :D
What would concern me more is the fact that so called "Fractional Ownership" biz jets are not subject to NASP regulations like a regular hire biz jet.
Easiest thing in the world for Osama's buddies to join Net Jets and then get access to GIVs etc without being security screened/checked in any way. Darn sight easier than trying to hijack a 737 nowadays if they want to crash it on summat!! :mad:

chevvron
23rd Jul 2006, 11:59
Farnborough is open for longer hours, and many NetJets aircraft are based or overnight there too.

G-SPOTs Lost
23rd Jul 2006, 14:35
Unless you wish to land at the weekend :ugh:

fantaman
23rd Jul 2006, 15:10
Netjets have a maintainance facility there, probably the reason they have so many slots.

chevvron
23rd Jul 2006, 16:03
If you wish to land at Farnborough at a weekend, just ask TAG for a slot well in advance; it's not their fault the local council won't allow extra movements; the way Northolt is going there'll be the same problems in the near future if the AEF get their way.

freebird68
23rd Jul 2006, 17:07
Did you know that Netjets Middle East is owned by the Bin Laden group? I have always found that fact bizzare! :confused:

FormerFlake
23rd Jul 2006, 17:24
Did you know that Netjets Middle East is owned by the Bin Laden group? I have always found that fact bizzare! :confused:

NetJets Middle East is no more.

Tigs2
23rd Jul 2006, 18:31
FormerFlake

NetJets Middle East is no more.

Correct in one:ok:

freebird68

Did you know that Netjets Middle East is owned by the Bin Laden group? I have always found that fact bizzare!

And did you know that the majority of money made by Bin Laden Shipping (they have two arms, shipping and construction), was from shipping oil to and from Texas, around the world, which was owned by -"The Bush family":confused: Now i have always found that FACT far more bizzare:confused: :confused:

Chainkicker
24th Jul 2006, 15:59
Perleease - give us some credit! :rolleyes:

So would your hirers (or "fractional owners") pass through metal detectors or have their luggage x-rayed prior to boarding "their" aircraft the same way as a normal chartered aircraft would ??

A Time To Heal
24th Jul 2006, 19:09
Anyway, it's very nice to operate into EGWU, very good service from ATC & RAF handlers!! :ok:

While we appreciate the thank you, the Raf Movers dont handle Netjets flights, they pay for the premium service provided by Northolt Jet Centre. But we do tick your names off, of crew sheets when you walk into our ramp control office.
I think this investigatation started when a certain person, Who shall remain nameless cos he is at least a multimillionare and i cant afford to be slanderous or libelous (can never remeber which one is which?), got banned from the airfield and was miffed at this.