PDA

View Full Version : BACON FO Pay and Roster

seneca50
21st Jul 2006, 18:03
I am due to start on the 145 out of Manchester in a couple of months.

If anyone is currently working for BA Connect based out of Manchester could they let me know what the start pay, flight pay and average take home pay is for a new FO. Is it correct that you are bonded in for 2 years?

Could you give examples of what to expect for a roster pattern.
Thank you

Doug E Style
21st Jul 2006, 18:27
I'm just a little curious as to why you didn't ask these questions at the interview or before signing the contract.

seneca50
21st Jul 2006, 18:48
Waiting for the documents to arrive in the post, so thought I'd try asking a few questions here first.

jaarrgh
21st Jul 2006, 20:20
Congratulations, great place to be. I thought I was starting on the 145 in a couple of months.........!!(just being facetious) but I would be interested to find out what you guys get paid?

monkeyboy
21st Jul 2006, 20:36
Starting salary depends on whether you are straight out of flying school or you have some commercial experience under your belt.

Expect (off the top of my head) £26K basic start if low-houred.

Expect £35K basic if experienced.

MB

MrMutra
21st Jul 2006, 20:44
Congrats seneca50 on joining Bacon. Try ppjn for salary or look through the BACON thread.

Out of interest are you one of those in the pool, I ask as i am keen to learn how quickly the pool is emptying.

Anyone heard when the on line application will be open ?

Cheers all

:cool:

v12merlin
22nd Jul 2006, 09:07
Year 1 DEP £34,300 + duty pay at £1.90

Year 1 SSP £24,300 (or there abouts) + duty pay at £1.90. After 2 years SSP's enter the DEP pay scale.

dynamite dean
22nd Jul 2006, 19:46
Does anybody know when these guys are recruiting...boring subject would be nice to know though.
thanks

MrMutra
23rd Jul 2006, 09:46
Well after reading the other threads I think no chance of them opening up the on line applications. Infact i wonder if anyone in the pool will be used ? maybe ?

Mr M

spanner the cat
24th Jul 2006, 21:59
As to rosters;
In MAN,
I am doing 0-3 nightstops per month (requesting minimum nightstops):ok:
Mix of 2 and 4 sector duties.
Earlies mostly 2 sectors and finished before 1200
Some long 4 sector days (10 duty hrs or so) ie
MAN FRA MAN DUS
MAN DUS MAN TXL
MAN TXL MAN ABZ (sat only)
1 or 2 2 sector lates (nice work if you can get it) (MAN HAJ or MAN CDG)
Rosters have been reasonably stable. If disrupted (>2hr move to rostered duty withion 14 days) they give a payment to compensate if you accept.:)
MAN has seen better days as a base (it's much less crowded in the crewroom now of an early morning :hmm:).
Take that as you will.
Good luck