PDA

View Full Version : Orlando Sanford Airport

bradfordboy
10th Jun 2006, 17:02
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/seminole/orl-mairfire1006jun10,0,467099.story?coll=orl-news-headlines-seminole
Problem whilst Globespan aircraft re-fuelling. Possibly could have been nasty.

Keygrip
10th Jun 2006, 17:09
"Crews estimated between 500 and 600 peassengers were on board the two jetliners".

Is that the best they can get - to within 100 passengers?

Seems like, as he says himself, the guy just did his job (though I have to admit - when I had a fuel truck fire whilst refuelling a helicopter, at least 75% of the local groundhandlers ran away waving their arms in the air).

He did better than them, at least.

akerosid
10th Jun 2006, 17:47
Well done that man!

Training or no training, that was still an extremely courageous thing to do.

In fairness, as estimates go, 500-600 isn't at all bad, assuming both were 767-300s.

Jet_stream
12th Jun 2006, 17:16
The flyglobespan a/c had no pax onboard only flight deck at the time of the incident. Was moved to another gate and departed 50 mins late.

afterdark
21st Jul 2006, 12:30
After returning from SFB I thought I would post my comments about the silly check in system they were operating.

I dont know how they operate usually but they had only two check in desks open and one line for two departing XLA ( Travelcitydirect ) 747-300's the queue took me 2 hours to check in lucky I arrived at 4pm initially,for the 9pm flight, when I left the check in area at 6.05pm the queue was right out the door.

If you are planning on getting food and maybe a drink or two before the flight , I would recommend the Guest House although I did not take up the offer myself I wish I had it cost me 30 bucks for food without drinks for a party of five the we needed entertained for 4 1/2 hours.

Eff Oh
21st Jul 2006, 20:16
What has that to do with Flyglobespan? You are talking about Travel City Direct.

afterdark
21st Jul 2006, 20:42
Eff Oh dont be so touchy about GSM I made a thread called Sanford Airport but because this one was already running someone moved it here.

after all the thread is Orlando Sanford Airport not just Flyglobespan !

gatwicknose
22nd Jul 2006, 09:30
EF OH is a very touchy supporter of King Tom and his airline...dont dare comment in a negative manner about GSM...EF OH and webby are on the lookout and will admonish you at a moments notice....

Eff Oh
22nd Jul 2006, 12:16
Gatwicknose
Get a life! I'm not defending GSM, because they haven't done anything wrong here! This post was nothing to do with GSM at all. You need to take a good look at yourself and realise just how ridiculous and petty you sound. If you have a gripe, then be adult enough to come out with it instead of constantly taking childish swipes.
Eff Oh

goldeneye
22nd Jul 2006, 17:41
To be fair Afterdark had posted this on its own post as i saw it there, but it must have moved in to this Orlando Sanford Airport post by one of the Mods. So its not just a GSM post.

Relax folks. This is a good example of what happens when someone decides to open a new thread about an airport or airline when a thread on them already exists. Forum policy is that only one thread per airline/airport is desired/allowed. The reason for this is that it prevents enthusiasts of any specific airline/airport from spamming the forum with individual threads on their "baby". (not that anyone would do such a thing :rolleyes: )

Cheers,
The Mods