PDA

View Full Version : Flightschool in the United Arab Emirates

Wanna-be
21st Jul 2006, 12:12
Does anyone know a Flightschool in the United Arab Emirates? After hours of googling I found Horizon International Flight Academy in Abu Dhabi, but they train in Jetrangers and it will cost you $190.000 for your cpl only.

Thanks!

Mikeb
21st Jul 2006, 14:46
Horizon is the only Helicopter school in the UAE.

HillerBee
21st Jul 2006, 15:01
Why in the World would you go to the Emirates??

Mikeb
21st Jul 2006, 15:25
Cheap fuel, good weather and not being treated like a criminal because of your religious belifes.

HillerBee
21st Jul 2006, 18:51
I meant for flight training obviously.

Wanna-be
21st Jul 2006, 20:52
When I started looking for flightschools, I checked out the emirates, but only found Horizon. Now I wonder wether I have bad google-skills or that there are no other schools.

IntheTin
21st Jul 2006, 22:54
Better to fly than to drive down the Sheikh Zayed road!!:ouch:

paco
22nd Jul 2006, 02:15
There is one starting up with a 44 in RAK, bit it will be a few months yet.

Phil

Revolutionary
22nd Jul 2006, 02:43
Have you considered ummm, the US?

Mikeb
22nd Jul 2006, 20:29
Paco

Any more info on the 44 coming to RAK?

who?/when?

Thanks

IntheTin
22nd Jul 2006, 23:54
Hasn't there always been a 44 in RAK?

I had however heard that there is going to be a Robinson flight school opening in the near future. Not sure how much truth in this but.........

paco
23rd Jul 2006, 08:02
The R44 is there already. I'm doing the ops & training manuals, and it will take as long as the GCAA take to read through the final draft in this week. Usual stuff, but it's also holiday time.....

phil

Wanna-be
23rd Jul 2006, 10:08
How much does it cost to fly a R44 in the Emirates?

mallardpi
23rd Jul 2006, 14:37
Having just departed the UAE aviation scene, I can only agree with what all the previous threads have said and that is that the only Academy for Helicopters in the UAE at the moment is Horizon in Al Ain. There have been adverts in Flight International recently for Ground Instructional staff for an academy in Ras Al Khaimah; others will no doubt give more infoon that enterprise.

Horizon is mainly set up for training military pilots from Gulf countries and as they have such a guaranteed flow of students, they're not much bothered with private paying clients. It is true, also, that they are only using B206s despite their website saying they operate the AS350. The cost of the B206 is prohibitive,unless you're a millionaire of course. One good aspect of Horizon is that all the FIs there are top notch with heaps of experience,although looking at other threads on this site, the numbers are dwindling.

Whatever your reasons for flying in the UAE, good luck and enjoy the life. RAK is the coolest of the emirates and had snow there when I luived in the UAE.

bobjim
24th Jul 2006, 03:19
:ooh:
What's the money like there for chopper pilots anyway? (and is there any work?)

spinwing
24th Jul 2006, 08:36
Money for Helicopter Pilots in the UAE....... NOWHERE ENOUGH!!!

:ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :*

munchkins
26th Jul 2006, 15:12
Money for Helicopter Pilots in the UAE....... NOWHERE ENOUGH!!!
:ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :*
Hey Spinny, if the money isn't enough, why do you keep coming back to the ME for more??
Munch Munch

spinwing
27th Jul 2006, 14:15
Munch......

I wish I had a good answer! .... ????? :confused: :\ :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh:

john.clubb
2nd Aug 2006, 02:08
I have a job interview with UAE airlines in August and am wondering if it's worth the time and effort to interview for the job? Anyone that knows or works for them, please respond ASAP. Thanks

Mikeb
3rd Sep 2006, 15:47
Any news on the flying school in RAK?

Has anyone got a contact number?

Thanks