PDA

View Full Version : money worries

angelcakes
21st Jul 2006, 11:56
Can anyone please give me some advise. I am working as crew, but am struggling to suport myself on the income. I love the job and desperately do not want to give it up, but because of my debt situation i have been advised to go bankrupt. Do you think that I would loose my job? There are some jobs you cannot do, once declared bankrupt, and i am far too concerned to speak to a manager as i am still within my first 6 months.:confused:

jayneella
21st Jul 2006, 12:11
Hello and sorry to hear of your debt probs, have you heard of the CCCS they really helped me, as long as you are paying you debters £1 per month they cant do a thing, they may take you to court but the court will just tell them this is all you can afford, just look up the number for the consumer credit counselling service and they will send you an information pack and may even take on your case for you and contact all your creditors as your working! you dont need to go bankrupt!!

Jayne x :)

Off Stand
21st Jul 2006, 15:07
Citizen's Advice Bureau are very good. As are a company called Debt Free Direct. Do a google search for them. There is a government scheme called Individual Voluntary Agreement (IVA) that can be set up with your creditors where you pay them back over a period of 5 years. They set it all up on your behalf. Expore all avenues if you can.