PDA

View Full Version : Anyone can help please?

wings87
21st Jul 2006, 11:31
Hi all!!
After few years in the Caribbean and USA had to come to UK (Thank you 09/11)..But now missing the life style too much and would love to go back.
I have 1200 hours total with 200 multi. and now FAA + JAA.
Question is simple: I have contacted few operators like SVG AIR and Mustique Airways, they were interested with my experience especially from Air strips as St Barts but unfortunately they now require 3000 hours total and 500 multi for insurance purposes!! Could anyone tell me if all operators are requesting the same amount of hours?
If anyone of you fellow pilots have contacts or infos, please send me a PM. I am alsdo fluent in French and Spanish if that can help?

Happy landings:ok:

B Sousa
21st Jul 2006, 17:58
"Air strips as St Barts"

Ah Yes the French, I think thats Air Strip as in one little down hill slide.....Glad I did it in Helos..
Lots of changes down in da islands. Best bet if your serious is to take a vacation and put your face in a few doors follwed by a resume.... and the ability to work in a different country. Some are getting touchy about imigrants.....

wings87
21st Jul 2006, 18:49
Thanks for the answer Sossa but where are the best places to do that and chances, no much money to waste time as I did in Dom rep some years ago with a lot of pilots being against the imigrants as you said...

flufdriver
30th Jul 2006, 20:42
Recently Cayman Express (subsidiary of Cayman Airways Ltd.) was looking for Twin-Otter Pilots.

fluf

xdc9er
1st Aug 2006, 18:31
Anyone know what the pay is like for Cayman DHC6 drivers, many exp(twatter)drivers leaving for the lucrative African deal, WIA lost 3 in a row.
X

flufdriver
1st Aug 2006, 20:14
Twotter Captains pay is about US$ 4500.00 base per nobth. No direct taxation, but Cayman cost of living = Miami + 25%