PDA

View Full Version : PayPal question.

BlueDiamond
21st Jul 2006, 10:14
Looking at my bank statement, I can see that a payment has been made into it via PayPal Australia. I have no idea where this has come from or what it might be ... does anyone know how I can find out who paid it in and why?

Saab Dastard
21st Jul 2006, 11:01
Bluey,

Have you got a link between PayPal and your bank account?

Is the sum involved quite small - like 2 or 3 dollars?

PayPal makes such a small payment into your bank account to verify it when you set up a link - if you haven't set it up, possibly someone else has taken your bank details and has attempted to create a link between their PayPal account and your bank account. :eek:

Of course, it could just be a bank error, or some other error where someone has mis-typed a sort code / account number.

But I would be on to your bank like a flash to report it as suspicious activity if I were you.

SD

BlueDiamond
21st Jul 2006, 11:13
It's $210, SD, and I don't have any connection to paypal at all so I think it's some sort of typo ... maybe I should just get in touch with them but they may ask for my details and I really don't want to give those out. I was hoping to locate the source and return the payment myself.

Saab Dastard
21st Jul 2006, 11:24
I would just contact your bank, tell them it's an error and let them deal with it.

SD

airborne_artist
21st Jul 2006, 13:18
Have you been playing Monopoly recently - picked up one of those cards that says "Bank Error in your favour, collect $210.00"?

I'm surprised, if you've no connection. Call the bank as suggested.

BlueDiamond
21st Jul 2006, 14:04
That probably is the best advice, thanks guys, much appreciated.

rugmuncher
21st Jul 2006, 16:46
I think there was a mix up at my bank, the $210 was supposed to be transferred to me.

If you send me a cheque things should be OK !!

:ouch:

PPRuNe Pop
21st Jul 2006, 19:19
BD.

Whatever you do. Your bank must deal with it. There is a current scam where small payments are being made to accounts and then you are 'hooked.' If you see what I mean. NO action on your part will kill the link. Your instructions to the bank are that it should go back.

PPP

BlueDiamond
22nd Jul 2006, 03:33
Thanks, PP ... deffo get the bank to deal with it then. :ok:

Barkly1992
22nd Jul 2006, 09:37
Wthout being rude - these sort of questions are best addressed to the eBay and PayPal forums.

These questions are asked all the time there and thats where you will get the bset advice.

Cheers

Grumpy

:)

vapilot2004
22nd Jul 2006, 09:46
Looking at my bank statement, I can see that a payment has been made into it via PayPal Australia. I have no idea where this has come from or what it might be ... does anyone know how I can find out who paid it in and why?

I've a little question for ya - got any kids ?

There is an email address that Paypal uses for payments - check with Paypal to see what email was used to deposit to your bank. They are a legit company (owned by Ebay) and will help you.

The best the bank may offer is a transaction ID and some other details that may be best interpreted by Paypal. Go to paypal.com and lookup contact details and give the toll-free number a try.