PDA

View Full Version : NJE Fleet Manager Busted For Being Too Supportive

Smeagel
21st Jul 2006, 09:16
In the wake of the latest shennanigans in Lisbon comes word that one of the most liked and most effective fleet managers in the company has been demoted to the line.

His crime? Being "too close" to and "too supportive" of his pilots. He was one of the few people there who understood man management. He gave and received respect from his crew and was rewarded by the company in this manner.

For a while it looked like he would receive the usual golden handshake in the form of a shiny new type rating but it was decided by upper management that instead his punishment should be public.

Shame on you NJE management. Shame on you for the way you treat your people and ride roughshod over them. Until you grasp the basics of human decency you will never get the most from your employees the best of whom will just continue to roll through on their way to something better.

That is why they are joining the ranks of the IPA at a frightening rate which of course is the last thing you ever wanted. Well you brought it upon yourselves.

Maybe the managers responsible for these debacles will eventually be returned to the line (those who have ever spent more than a few hours there) and be publically shamed themselves.

Wilma
21st Jul 2006, 11:40
Right on, Smeagel!
I can only suggest to people who are thinking about joining NJE to wait and see until IPA is in! At the moment it is just unbelievable what game the (middle portutuese) management is running right now! Well done Mr. FF!

JOIN IPA!

Smeagel
21st Jul 2006, 13:08
Wilma.

I wouldn't be so sure that this is confined to middle management. The Invisible Man (CR) himself was the one who cancelled the fleet managers new type rating.

Whether it was his idea or whether he was manipulated from above or below is not clear.

H.Finn
22nd Jul 2006, 15:29
And which fleet was this demoted FM managing?

netjets
22nd Jul 2006, 16:09
I've heard it was the Hawker Fleet Manager. I flew with him a few years ago, didn't think much of him then, dunno how he got the job in the first place.

I must say it is a first for NTA to sack someone and then NOT reward them with a new type rating. I can only think of those ineffective ex-managers who are flying about in the 2000EX or Gulfstream.

susi
23rd Jul 2006, 11:49
nice one smeagel- IPA is rolling in...