PDA

View Full Version : Easyjet part time working conditions

High Flyers
21st Jul 2006, 06:10
Can someone give me details of the Easyjet part time working conditions?
Particularly roster pattern, days off, leave, etc. Also I know PTW is available after 1 year, but is this by right or just when slots are available?

A319
21st Jul 2006, 07:04
I believe you get a sort of 2 weeks on 2 weeks off (50% PT - 75% also possible), with the work part being floating roster. Though part time only available when EZY can spare the crew at the specific base. With 100+ pilots short don't count on getting part time in near future...

A319

High Flyers
21st Jul 2006, 07:15
Thanks. Not as good as it looks on paper :hmm:

orangetree
21st Jul 2006, 08:40
75% part time means you do 100% of the work in 75% of the time. Do not join EZY expecting part-time after a year. You will most probably be disappointed. Barring miracles it will near impossible to recruit the numbers of crew that EZY need to become properly crewed anytime soon.

arem
21st Jul 2006, 09:33
and yet they are getting rid of all their over 60's!! - can't be that short of pilots!! - guess their rostering dept. is even more crap than before

mcdhu
21st Jul 2006, 13:06
''....and yet they are getting rid of all their over 60's!! - can't be that short of pilots!! - guess their rostering dept. is even more crap than before''

Where did you get that from?

Cheers,
mcdhu

FlapsOne
21st Jul 2006, 14:55
Wow there is some nonsense written here!

Over 60s are being offered extended contracts in line with the change to ICAO annex due later this year., Some guys getting contracts in advance of the due date.

Part Time
A few different options. Split week or split month options. 50 and 75 % negotiatble depending on circumstances. 50% work 58% of full time hours and 75% work 83% (ish I think). Basically it's 490 and 700 hours.

The extra caters for need to have same LPC/OPC/Line Chx/SEP etc ad nauseam requirements as everyone else.

Never let the truth get in the way of a good story!

arem
21st Jul 2006, 15:05
Where did you get that from?

Personal experience mate - but it was a number of ex go pilots involved, so perhaps the stayers were/are on the old easy contract

High Flyers
21st Jul 2006, 18:37
I'm now totally confused :bored:

I suppose you get all sides of the story on pprune! Is PTW a right after 1 year, or do you have to wait until pilot numbers allow?

Just wanted to know if a move to Easy would be good for the future as I want to tail off the flying in the latter years of my flying career :ouch:

A319
21st Jul 2006, 20:04
I'm now totally confused :bored:
Is PTW a right after 1 year, or do you have to wait until pilot numbers allow?
YES you have to wait a year and YES you then have to wait until EZY can spare the time...
Good luck
A319
P.S. Don't join EZY if you have any intentions to fly less... Just my bit of advise

FlapsOne
22nd Jul 2006, 11:35
arem

Please bear in mind that the rules have changed recently which may account for different stories.

Since the ICAO announcement (just a few weeks ago) contracts beyind 690 are being offered/renewed irrespective of whether you are ex Old EZ or Go.

Try again if you want to now that the law has changed.

kriskross
22nd Jul 2006, 12:00
Hell, Flaps, does that mean I now have another 639 years to do!!!!????

arem
22nd Jul 2006, 12:17
Since the ICAO announcement (just a few weeks ago) contracts beyind 690 are being offered/renewed irrespective of whether you are ex Old EZ or Go.

Try again if you want to now that the law has changed.

Must have been a recent change since they told me I'd retired in April - I was going to say nothing but they caught up with me! - although I had been LTS for the last year and a bit!