PDA

View Full Version : G B OPERATING AS BA AS GOOD AS IN MY HUMBLE OPINION

gorgeous spotter
20th Jul 2006, 21:34
Hi there! Am new so please be gentle with me. Just wanted to pass on my views with regards to booking Club Europe and travelling with GB Airways, which was a pleasant surprise. Travelled on 10 June out of Manchester to Malaga, think flight was about 7.30am. No priority check in for us Club Europers, but while everyone was milling around a couple of air stewardesses, went around the corner to empty ticket machines. You can use switch card etc if thats the one you booked on line with. Simple and fast. Friendly male steward who calmed me through turbulence when we got over Bay of Biscay. Captain and First Officer (whom I caught glimpses of )lboth ooked young, attractive and Captain was very professional. All in all a good experience. Had great seats, 1A to 1C so right at the front, (handy for the loo). Lovely new 320 Airbus, couldn't have been more than a couple of years old. Similar good standard on return flights, apart from the steward asking me if I would like a paper "sir"!! Definitely do not look like a man!! All in all a good experience. Would book Club Europe with them again, if only reason being you get plied with that much champagne and reasonably decent wine and a good choice of meal, you leave your flying fears behind!! Ps I cannot believe how young the pilots were! But very capable I'm sure. Any others who have travelled recently with GB Airways, would love to hear your views too.

knobbygb
21st Jul 2006, 12:06
Recently travelled Heraklion-Manchester-Heraklion but only in cattle class.

Still, very impressed - MUCH better than BA mainline (and I had originally feared it'd be simply a glorified charter flight).

Reasonable quality hot meal as far as inflight meals go, two services of complimentary alcohol PLUS wine with meal. Very professional, smart crew. Comfortable modern aircraft with good seat pitch. Both flights bang-on time and at a very good price. Don't know how they make any profit giving all the free stuff you don't get with other airlines and charging such reasonable prices - especially with a 98% economy cabin (there were three people in club).

Each passenger gets a comment form to fill in too which is a good idea - most people won't complain if they're not happy - they'll just go somewhere else next time, and even less will bother to take the time to pass on compliments.

All in all couldn't really fault them. Seemed like they were really trying hard and genuinely wanted to be 'good'. Didn't fancy the pilots like gs did though :)

One question - is the GB airways uniform their own or the same as BA? It's much smarter than the crappy 'flowery' blouses/dresses BA were wearing last time I flew with them. Be nice if the whole lot adopted this uniform.

BWBriscoe
22nd Jul 2006, 19:23
One question - is the GB airways uniform their own or the same as BA? It's much smarter than the crappy 'flowery' blouses/dresses BA were wearing last time I flew with them. Be nice if the whole lot adopted this uniform.
This is the new BA uniform. Been in service about a year and a half now.