PDA

View Full Version : Internet Explorer 7 beta 3

cornwallis
20th Jul 2006, 15:45
I have just started using IE7B3 and despite having the pop-up feature turned off it still blocks some webpages because it thinks they are pop-ups?Anybody have a solution?

frostbite
20th Jul 2006, 17:01
Someone has to say it* - use Firefox.

*it's often me!

Buster Cherry
20th Jul 2006, 17:50
Have you turned off the Phishing filter?

Got to agree with Frostbite though...Bin it.

Keygrip
20th Jul 2006, 21:08
Aplogies for thread drift - but I've been using beta2 for some time, and have grown to quite like it.

I saw the promotions for beta3 and fancied loading it - but it says the first thing to do is to remove beta2 from the PC.

Q? If I remove beta2 how do I access the internet to download beta3?

Please - no firefox comments - wife and I are too scared to go in new directions unless we have gurus on call to dig us out when it doesn't do what we expect it to do. We'll stick with IE for now (wife still has IE6 on her machine).

frostbite
20th Jul 2006, 21:40
I think they intend you to download the new one but not install it until you have it on your drive.

Try downloading Firefox and run it - it's fairly similar in appearance to IE so wouldn't be too much of a shock and you could always go back to IE if you want to (never try to remove IE from your system) because you can have both available.

Saab Dastard
20th Jul 2006, 21:52
Keygrip,

Assuming that IE 6 was on your computer before you installed IE 7 Beta 2, then uninstalling 7 will "simply" revert to 6.

I strongly recommend that you have a look here (http://forums.microsoft.com/Windowsonecare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=329196&SiteID=2) first.

SD