PDA

View Full Version : Qatar CC Interview - 2006 - Need Help

craige
20th Jul 2006, 08:14
Hi folks,

I got an interview for the post of cabin crew with Qatar Airways in august.
I would like to know the kind of questions bein asked ?
Also, how many stages of interviews these guys conduct ?

People attended CC Interviews for "2005" Please share the experience.

Also, please tellme if formal with an tie will do for the interview ? or a Business Suit is a prequiste ? I also wear glasses, so I wana know if CC
in QR are allowewd to wear glasses or they should wear contacts ?

NOTE: I dont mind going with QA, as i am fresher and wana gain some experience.
Also, if you think sum thread can help me out, i request to post the link.

apaddyinuk
20th Jul 2006, 09:15
Craige, there is plenty of info about QR on this website. I suggest you use the search engine and type in "Qatar Airways, "QATAR" and "QR" and you should find what you are looking.
Please pay attention to some of what is said there about this airline and before you go jumping into anything make an informed decision about leaving it all behind to go work for this outfit.

andydd
20th Jul 2006, 10:13
i know lots oy guys who went out there and returnes ASAP!! Try EK first if you can but they don't take lads i think!!:ok:

QRCC2B
20th Jul 2006, 10:23
Craige,

Bare in mind they require you to sign a two year bond as payment for training! As from third month of service, they will deduct a sum of money (around 102 USD) from your salary, until you have payed the complete sum of QAR 7 850 (around 2 150 USD), which takes 21 months. Should you wish to leave at any time during the first three months, you would have to pay the entire sum! At any time later during the 21 months, the remaining sum depending on how much money that has been deducted.

As for the interview, I would suggest you to wear business atire as this is the dress code for both interview and photographs! In the invitation email this should have been stated. The interview contains of two stages:

- First stage includes a presentation of the airline, an english test, measurement of your height and weight and two group discussions. Afterwards they do an elimination.

If you pass this stage, you will be asked to attend the panel interview any following day of the week, usually one or two days later depending on the number of selected candidates.

- Second stage includes the panel interview which takes approximately 15 to 20 minutes. They ask you a certain number of questions related to your work experience, which I would say are the usual ones. They will also check to see whether you have any visible scars. No need to worry for the questions asked!

QRCC2B

Edit: Forgot to add month after "As from third"

apaddyinuk
20th Jul 2006, 11:22
i know lots oy guys who went out there and returnes ASAP!! Try EK first if you can but they don't take lads i think!!:ok:

Out of the big four (EK, Etihad, Qatar, Gulf Air) its only Gulf Air that dont accept men unless they are native to bahrain.

Aliyyah
20th Jul 2006, 11:48
Hello everybody!

I also applied at Qatar Airways in April. So far I only got this e-mail:

Dear applicant,

This is to acknowledge receipt of your application for Cabin Crew - Recruitment Campaign in Berlin, Germany-AIR00028 with Qatar Airways.

Our Recruitment Team will review your application. We will shortly reply to you about the status of your candidature.

Thank you for your interest in a career with Qatar Airways.

Best Regards,

Human Resources Department
Qatar Airways

I didn`t get any invitation yet. So, is it possible that I wasn`t successful with my application or do they just need some time to respond?
Thanks for your help!

QRCC2B
20th Jul 2006, 11:52
Hello everybody!

I also applied at Qatar Airways in April. So far I only got this e-mail:

Dear applicant,

This is to acknowledge receipt of your application for Cabin Crew - Recruitment Campaign in Berlin, Germany-AIR00028 with Qatar Airways.

Our Recruitment Team will review your application. We will shortly reply to you about the status of your candidature.

Thank you for your interest in a career with Qatar Airways.

Best Regards,

Human Resources Department
Qatar Airways

I didn`t get any invitation yet. So, is it possible that I wasn`t successful with my application or do they just need some time to respond?
Thanks for your help!

When was the deadline to this recruitment campaign as I doubt you would hear anything before it? Although, if you applied back in April, four months is a very long time!

QRCC2B

craige
20th Jul 2006, 11:54
QRCC2B - Thx for that reply and i never knew they do charge for the training !

Apaddyinuk - I do had searched, but i am getting 100's of pages ! and its quite problematic to check each and every page!

People keep posting, if you have something worth to share.

QRCC2B
20th Jul 2006, 11:55
QRCC2B - Thx for that reply and i never knew they do charge for the training !

vbmenu_register("postmenu_2729054", true); Apaddyinuk - I do had searched, but i am getting 100's of pages ! and its quite problemtic to check each and every page!

People keep posting, if you have something worth to share.

Actually they refer to it as a service agreement!

QRCC2B

Aliyyah
20th Jul 2006, 12:03
When was the deadline to this recruitment campaign as I doubt you would hear anything before it? Although, if you applied back in April, four months is a very long time!

QRCC2B

I just wanted to check at their website, but it`s not there anymore. They took it out. I wanted to go to the interview in Berlin. I applied right after they posted it. So I don`t know what happened? Does Qatar Airways always reply, even it the applicant wasn`t successful? Or do they just reply if the applicant is shortlisted?

QRCC2B
20th Jul 2006, 12:05
I just wanted to check at their website, but it`s not there anymore. They took it out. I wanted to go to the interview in Berlin. I applied right after they posted it. So I don`t know what happened? Does Qatar Airways always reply, even it the applicant wasn`t successful? Or do they just reply if the applicant is shortlisted?

Apparently the deadline is over. Do you have any idea when it was? They will only contact you if you are shortlisted. If you don't hear from them within six months (I think their time limit six months), you should probably consider your application to be unsuccessful.

Although, they could aswell be arranging the interview and candidates!

QRCC2B

Aliyyah
20th Jul 2006, 12:09
Apparently the deadline is over. Do you have any idea when it was? They will only contact you if you are shortlisted. If you don't hear from them within six months (I think their time limit six months), you should probably consider your application to be unsuccessful.

Although, they could aswell be arranging the interview and candidates!

QRCC2B

I think I remember that the deadline was somewhere in July. So maybe you are right and they now arranging the interview and candidates. Maybe I will soon get an e-mail with an invitation. I hope so at least!

apaddyinuk
20th Jul 2006, 14:10
Apaddyinuk - I do had searched, but i am getting 100's of pages ! and its quite problematic to check each and every page!

Unfortunatley buddy this is the idea behind a search engine. You will need to search through a lot of this to find what you are really looking for. People will rarely rewrite stuff more than once on here for the sake of a lazy ppruner who wont do a search. Too many people like yoruself come on here looking for info on QR (almost once a fortnight) and get the same response from others as I am giving to you. There really is too much to mention again and again. Trust me, read some if not a lot of what you find in the search and use that to work off. Its better then nothing!

Up n Away
3rd Aug 2006, 23:33
My opinion is dont do it, I know enough about the company to know its not a good idea. Yes Emirates recruit males, and to my knowledge so do Etihad. Gulf Air only if qualified Chef...or Bahraini.

All airlines have issues, but Qatar crew seem to get ridiculous expectations put on them. Also Doha, forget it. :eek:

Good luck :rolleyes:

QRCC2B
10th Aug 2006, 16:14
My opinion is dont do it, I know enough about the company to know its not a good idea. Yes Emirates recruit males, and to my knowledge so do Etihad. Gulf Air only if qualified Chef...or Bahraini.

All airlines have issues, but Qatar crew seem to get ridiculous expectations put on them. Also Doha, forget it. :eek:

Good luck :rolleyes:

Lock-up time twelve hours before one's shift begins!

QRCC2B