PDA

View Full Version : CASA Reviewing Future Of Avalon Operations?

RELEASED
20th Jul 2006, 03:53
rumors are running rife with CASA possibbly shutting down the Qanats heavy maintenance facility at avalon,they have been given 4 weeks to fix all their problems and they are more than halfway with not to many fixes in sight,stay tuned

soldier of fortune
20th Jul 2006, 04:21
now u and i don't think qantas and casa are going to let little old avalon close down now-do you -not with the new Keith Clark planning office just opened.:E

on another note: we are hearing up in syd that there are serious problems with the first B733 AAE freighter conversion.:confused: and heads will role.

Eagleman
20th Jul 2006, 05:40
Who was running AN maintenance when it got into trouble with CASA?

RELEASED
20th Jul 2006, 05:44
alot of the same managment that are now running qantas maintenance

Bolty McBolt
20th Jul 2006, 06:12
Has to be a wind up....

On what grounds are they threatening to close the maint facility or remove its approval to do work?

Turbo 5B
20th Jul 2006, 07:17
Supervision levels for a start. ie Lame ame ratios. Incident investigations not completed in timely manners.

Ultralights
20th Jul 2006, 07:22
what better excuse to move more work offshore! and the unions cant do anything about it if the regulators wont allow work to happen there

RELEASED
20th Jul 2006, 07:35
yes but management are in a real pickle because they can't find any slots in overseas MRO's,could be Ansett mark 3

Bolty McBolt
20th Jul 2006, 07:56
Turbo

I too have heard these rumours/allegations of insufficient LAME to AME ratios but these rumblings have been going on for years and nothing ever transpired.

What has brought CASA to head now if Avalon has been operating same way since conception?

If this is true QF will be scrambling to find an MRO to do the D4 checks coming up on the first 10 of the 744 fleet.

Do you think CASA will take the blame for putting so many people out of work.

RELEASED- What are the issues CASA wants fixed?

bushy
20th Jul 2006, 08:09
Surely CASA works for Qantas. Qantas are bigger, and handle more money.

Turbo 5B
20th Jul 2006, 08:31
You might find that AVV taking over the Sydney heavys work stretched the elastic past its limit.

Buster Hyman
20th Jul 2006, 08:34
Do you think CASA will take the blame for putting so many people out of work.

They didn't last time...:suspect:

RELEASED
20th Jul 2006, 09:00
it's only about 800 people,about the same number as Syd H.M,big deal

U.K. SUBS.
20th Jul 2006, 09:04
Heard the same rumour here. I am to believe it's from an incident a few years ago with regard to the incorrect installation of the engine bolts on an RB211. There were recommendations or possibly enforcements to be carried out but it never materialised.......the management are looking into it was the reply. Our 'D' check left only 20 days over. It is still flying i am led to believe.:E

Turbo 5B
20th Jul 2006, 09:23
The bolts, the kruegar flaps, the lateral control system...............and who knows what else may not have been reported or investigated properly.
Only 20 days over!
Better very late than never I guess.

RELEASED
20th Jul 2006, 09:23
only 20 days,well done,lets just hope nothing was missed ah

U.K. SUBS.
20th Jul 2006, 09:58
Just imagine the tourist ministers delight when heavy maint. goes altogether. Every fokker will be flying to LAX via oz. No excuse for maint. jobs protection. But the amount of tourists jobs........low pay....no union......IR conditions.:sad:

Turbo 5B
20th Jul 2006, 10:12
I might have to learn how to pull beers behind a bar then.

U.K. SUBS.
20th Jul 2006, 10:40
I will have a million schooners thanks.....but none of that xxxx ****:ok:

Lodown
20th Jul 2006, 19:05
CASA have a job to do and I'm thankful they are taking on Qantas as they should like any other organisation in which maintenance is not up to scratch. If the maintenance is not kosha, then provide time to improve or shut it down. Nothing wrong with that in my eyes. Jobs? Who cares about jobs when there are plane loads of people at stake?
This report about sets my opinion of recent events with Qantas. Nothing but a GA operator with big aircraft. I used to think GA had a lot of room to improve to match the standard of the airlines. I was wrong! It's easier for the airline standards to fall back to the operating requirements of GA.

Turbo 5B
21st Jul 2006, 08:50
It's easier for the airline standards to fall back to the operating requirements of GA.

No it wasn't easy, QF management had to work damn hard to achieve the lower standard.

Apophis
21st Jul 2006, 09:55
Come on people casa will come down have a catered lunch hear a load of spin have a quick walk through cleaned up hangars because Qantas will know they are coming well ahead of time then they will leave and nothing will change as the many times before simple as that.:ok:

max autobrakes
27th Jul 2006, 12:35
Might also explain why Qantas does't want union observers on the upcoming safety audit. :}

Apophis
28th Jul 2006, 02:33
they have so called union reps on site but they seem to do nothing but advance there own little empires and screw everyone else.

Apophis
28th Jul 2006, 02:37
The QF freighter project at Avalon has experienced some engineering delays no kidding what a shocker this is.

domo
28th Jul 2006, 04:33
any up date on the cargo conversion shocker. was it a jig problem?

the shaman
29th Jul 2006, 23:55
I know this is a little off topic, but heard that remaining Heavy Maint personnell (ex H245 SYD) that did not walk voluntarily or manage to get redeployed will be CR'd next friday.. does any one know if this is true..??

Turbo 5B
30th Jul 2006, 00:06
That is what QF IR and HR told the Alaea exec on wed last week.
They apparently reckon they are about to wield the axe through ACS country wide to save more money and dont want to transfer people to ports that are about to lose positions.

Brake Boy
30th Jul 2006, 18:20
On the B733 Freighter conversions, don't worry about delivery times or maintenance schedules.

Word has it CASA is not impressed with certain parts of QANTAS Engineering delegating tasks to other departments and are holding off allowing QANTAS to add the freighters to the AOC. :D

Probably just add them to National Jet AOC instead.:=

BB