PDA

View Full Version : JetConnect Recruitment - AKL

wings78
20th Jul 2006, 00:57
Hi All

Im new here and this is my first post.

I have a initial interview with JetConnect - AKL Sat 29 July and was wondering whether anyone here already works for them and perhaps would have any information on how the company is to work for? WHat kinda trips? Salaries? Recruitment day? etc. whatever information you can share.

I look forward hearing from you all.

right4primary
20th Jul 2006, 11:41
Hey!

I am a AKL based Jetconnect International Crew member!

As I am sure many people will say the work can be hard and the money not the best but the job in itself is Rewarding and enjoyable.. Being paid to travel and explore is great.. Sure some trips can be hard and short rest but with good comes bad..

We fly to various routes that Qantas Mainline Australia service, USA, Australia, Thailand, Japan and more... These days we go to many more destinations than we used to however as I did say sometimes u may only have 24 hrs or so in a port..

Training is 6 weeks, 4 weeks in AKL 2 in Sydney.

Assesment centre is a 4 hr day or so.. Group Interview Document checks..

If U pass u will have a Panel Interview then a medical and following that If u pass a managment panel will review your application and decide..

Just be yourself, Confident and wanting the job enough to believe in yourself.

Anymore questions PM me

:)

Good luck and have fun.. its all an experience

happyrainbow
21st Jul 2006, 05:48
the money is really bad and they work you like dogs. If you dont get any long trips, good luck finding the money to try paying the rent. Its a great life style however JC is not a career move, earning min wage like 870+ per fortnight wont take you far.
Id try jetstar international if your looking for a flying job, you would be earning alot more over there, or even try freedom air or air new zealand.
Remember your not working for Qantas, you are working for JC. If its your first flying job, go for it and see the world. Id try Air New Zealand, Freedom air or even or any other airline in NZ.
Have a few mates working over there, you should come over Emirates, they pay you very well, we get put up a nice appartment, slip times of bout 24 hours, party pretty much every night in dubai, ive been here for 2 years now, come fly for the worlds best. You wont regret it

mostie
21st Jul 2006, 07:31
Quote - "its all an experience".

You can say that again.......:} :hmm: :rolleyes:

GorgeousKiwiGal
21st Jul 2006, 13:00
Been there (JC), done that - wouldn't do it again.

Worked my way up to another airline and it was the best move I ever made.

If it's your first flying job - go for it - foot in the door - step in the right direction type thing. Give yourself a year and then move up. The negativity at that place is insane and you're better off without it :) .

wings78
22nd Jul 2006, 00:37
Thank you all for your replies and information, I didnt understand that the conditions were that bad, but as you all said I need to treat is as a foot-in-the-door as it would be my first flying job.

Does anyone have an idea what are the allowances like as I clearly need to make ends meet so having an idea about the monthly average would be very helpful indeed.

Thanks in anticipation!

J

overhere
22nd Jul 2006, 02:13
Wings,

It's not all doom & gloom.

I worked for Jetconnect as a SH CSM. The money was alright, with the allowances I was earning about 40-45K a year, which for the hours I was working was pretty good money!! I know that long haul work pretty hard, but all of the people I have known who went accross say the money is better then short haul and most are ex CSM's, so the money can't be that bad.

The actual Jetconnect team were great to work with, it was great to go to work everyday, I really looked forward to actually going to work! Sure some people's morale was low, but you get that in every airline and it's all about how you react to it.

I agree though, Jetconnect isn't a career airline, but it's a great start to a career, I left there in 2005 and I'm now in a great job with an Australian airline, which I would never have gotten without my experience from JC.

Like any job, it's all what you make of it. If you want to get some experience, see some different places and have a bit of fun then it's a great place to be - if you just want a high paying flying job then you need to move to Australia, because in reality, there aren't any at all in NZ and they are quickly disappearing over here too!!