PDA

View Full Version : ThomsonFly Cabin Crew

Boofers
19th Jul 2006, 20:11
Hi, Does anyone out there work for ThomsonFly out of Bournemouth? They are recruiting at the moment from this base and I would be interested to find out what the rosters are like and what the pay is like. If anyone can help me out, I'd be grateful!!! :ok:

Pax Agent
19th Jul 2006, 20:26
All i would warn you of is that my friend was accepted as crew for the BOH base in march this year along with alot of other people. What they in fact recruited them for was to re- stock their holding pool. She is still waiting 4 months later!!! It may seem that they are perhaps going to call them forward and re - stock once more??? I have to say i think it's an awful thing to do to people. Why they string you along i don't know. Another friend waited almsot a year before telling them where to stick it! lol! :ugh:
Just might be worth bearing this in mind.
I have to say having worked with the crew they are all fantastic (except 1 or 2 captains who i h8 with a passion but then again so do most of the airport) lol!

Good luck!

Boofers
19th Jul 2006, 20:32
Thanks paxagent, I'll bear this in mind. It does state on the application form that it would be an application for their 'holding pool'. However I have heard recently that they are short of crew for the BOH base, so you never know! I've applied for a couple of other positions within Thomson, so I'll just keep my fingers crossed for the job I really want!:hmm:

banewboi
31st Jul 2006, 10:19
boh is a low cost operating base, not a traditional bal base so you work to cap371 (legal minima) you work hard, on ****e aircraft and the company treat you like a commodity, having said that the crew are all fantastic, if you can commute then get yourself to whereever your nearest traditional britannia airways limited (BAL) base, ie lgw, cwl, brs.

good luck

BYCREWBOY
31st Jul 2006, 14:46
If you can commute try LGW they are always short! plus the benefits are a wide variety of destinations and you get an excellent chance of bieng kept on at the end of the season!
Think about BOH.... they are a great bunch but they work very hard! take Banewboi s advice you have some better terms and conditions at a Britannia base good luck.

britanniaboy
31st Jul 2006, 18:59
All new entrants as of Jan 06 are on crap contracts with crap salary scales compared to us more fortunate souls on the old contracts, so choosing a "traditional" base will not affect your salary scale. And you will still be flying on the 737, but will also have the pleasure of flying our excellent fleet of 757's and 767's -- Luxury!

Pitot Heater
6th Aug 2006, 08:30
Hi Boofers, as you've probably seen, a minority of Thomsonfly crew 'radiate positivity' from every orifice. If you've read some comments here it wouldn't surprise me if you'd consider flying for someone else. However, it's worth bearing in mind that Thomsonfly crew have the best terms and conditions, relative to our UK competitors. If you are based at CVT, BOH or DSA you work to a scheduling agreement enshrined in the company's operation manual, it's a favourable interpretation of CAP371 (a consultative CAA document). If you embrace change and challenges you're most welcome, selfish, myopic individuals need not apply, they ultimately end up making an embittered exit.

steveuk
7th Aug 2006, 18:00
I have plucked up the courage and decided to go to the TOM recruitment day at CVT on 24-25th August06, can anyone give me some advice to help me get through the recruitment process

many thanks

BYCREWBOY
7th Aug 2006, 19:18
Hi steve just be yourself! they will be watching you all the time be aware of that,also they tend to get the maths test out of the way first then you have a group discussion followed by a 1 2 1 interview!
Its also handy to know abit about the company as they may ask you!
Good luck mate lets us know how you get on

steveuk
8th Aug 2006, 16:09
Thanks BYCREWBOY, i will try not to sit there and pic my nose! LOL! and will do some research on the company

many thanks

steve