PDA

View Full Version : Direct Personnel

groan
19th Jul 2006, 14:21
Hi,
Been offered screening with Direct Personnel for a position in Africa. Has anyone else one for screening with them or gone on contract with them? Whatīs the lowdown on Direct? Their website doesnīt tell me much.. Thanks..

411A
19th Jul 2006, 18:35
I personally did three contracts with Direct, with the following results...

Always paid on time, and at the agreed amount.
Questions and any problems were always seen to straightaway, and followed up properly.
They always answered the telephone promptly, with no double-talk.

In short, a fine agency.

This was a few years ago, and I do hope it hasn't changed.

Bongo In The Congo
20th Jul 2006, 11:30
Hi Groan

I worked for them in the past and have only good things to say about them..the girls in there are lovely and very helpful

what position did you go for?

groan
20th Jul 2006, 13:07
hi,
Thanks for that, I am being screened for a B757/767 Captains position in Ethiopia... I havenīt used an agency before thus the question!

18-Wheeler
20th Jul 2006, 23:56
I personally did three contracts with Direct, with the following results...
Always paid on time, and at the agreed amount.
Questions and any problems were always seen to straightaway, and followed up properly.
They always answered the telephone promptly, with no double-talk.
In short, a fine agency.
This was a few years ago, and I do hope it hasn't changed.

Has for me.
They still pay on time, but could be mopre helpful in resolving problems with the company. I am still owed several hundred dollars for a one-off Hajj flight from last year, they have done nothing about it.
When quizzed as to why the conditions in the contract were not improving a couple of years ago, I was told, "We are just given the conditions by AA". What's the point of a contractor agency if they don't attempt to negotiate to get better conditions for their staff?

PPRuNeUser0215
21st Jul 2006, 13:17
Thanks for that, I am being screened for a B757/767 Captains position in Ethiopia...

Hi Groan. Just wondering if they had upped the offer. Got it (FO) nearly 6 months ago and it was basic 2500USD FO and 3500USD CPT plus other bits.
Didn't amount to much at all.
Just curious as I am now entering the world of corporate.

Cheers and good luck

Blueair
21st Jul 2006, 13:30
Has for me.
They still pay on time, but could be mopre helpful in resolving problems with the company. I am still owed several hundred dollars for a one-off Hajj flight from last year, they have done nothing about it.
When quizzed as to why the conditions in the contract were not improving a couple of years ago, I was told, "We are just given the conditions by AA". What's the point of a contractor agency if they don't attempt to negotiate to get better conditions for their staff?

What I know is Direct Personnel always try to get the best condition for their staff, work effectively and sincerely, the most contracts they get have better conditions.

18-Wheeler
21st Jul 2006, 13:44
What I know is Direct Personnel always try to get the best condition for their staff, work effectively and sincerely, the most contracts they get have better conditions.

Well it's the email reply I got when I asked the question a while back. If things have changed then that's great.

B737NG
21st Jul 2006, 17:09
DPI = paid on time, no bullocks, sticked to the promise and called me up from time to time and asked if all is fine. The price tag is not up to them. Airlines come and tell them we need 10 Captains and get you 7300 $ so they can offer the Pilot about 6.400 $. Too less for a European with the exchange rate up to 1.36 $ versus the Euro last year sometimes. 7.500 Euro would be adequate and Ethiopian has to learn that as well as some others. 9/11 fear is gone and the tag rises. Airbus and Boeing are logging orders and deliveries are due. Who flies the Aluminium Birds then??? Pilots should know what they can get. Do not forget what most of Pilots paid to get where they are. CAA takes serious money as well as every IRE/TRE when you need him to validate your rating again......

Fly safe and land happy

NG