View Full Version : Ryanair - 2

Pages : 1 [2]

The_Bean_Counter
8th Sep 2006, 15:26
Charlie

The way things are going they may see no flights next Summer. Infratil have tried to increase the charges and the response has been to reduce flights, if the Bremen base goes ahead as speculated on here and eslewhere - Ryanair could move the whole "Hamburg" operation to Bremen ??

Charlie Roy
8th Sep 2006, 15:56
If your trip begins in Malta, then the taxes charged for "Going out" amount to 70 euro!!!

Me no understand :confused:

MarkD
8th Sep 2006, 17:46
sounds like something the EU Commission should be taking an interest in. Didn't think that kind of thing was allowed, at least intra-EU.

smith
9th Sep 2006, 09:53
FR have introduced a 3xweekly PIK-Grenoble for the winter season, starting Dec 06. Ideal for getting to the si resorts. Went with them from PIK via STN last year so this will make it so much easier.

Florian-LH
10th Sep 2006, 07:31
Hi there!

Can anyone confirm plans that say, FR will be opening a new base in SOUTHERN Germany? In particular it was Karlsruhe-Baden airport that was mentioned....

Thanks for any info.....

inveritas
10th Sep 2006, 07:55
Karlsruhe have an ambitious development plan for the terminal and taxiways/navaids. If that happens it is likely that Ryanair will open a third base in Germany. A second base in Germany is expected to open in April 2007.

Florian-LH
10th Sep 2006, 08:34
Ok, so FKB could be THE third base in Germany. What will base II be? Bremen? Or is that just another rumour?

If FR is going for Karlsruhe, there will be someone unhappy here in the south: Germanwings, with it's Stuttgart-base (currently 6 a/c). Facing an increasing competition 4U/HLX/FR...

Charlie Roy
10th Sep 2006, 21:37
Florian-LH

Ryanair said a few months ago that they would announce 2 or 3 more bases before the end of 2006.

The expectation now is that they will include Madrid and Bremen. Other rumored bases include Porto, Murcia, Krakow or Wroclaw, even Lyon! This is the first whispering I've heard about Baden-Baden base. I wouldn't expect it to be announced this year. Baden-Baden is certainly on the cards, but so then are another dozen airports...

eidah
11th Sep 2006, 10:36
Charlie Roy

I think oleary said many months ago that he wanted to open 12 bases in the next 7 years or something around that figure so its not suprising there are lots of rumours.

sidtheesexist
12th Sep 2006, 17:54
Just watching the ITN 1830 news - imagine the surprise of seeing 1 million 'FREE' fayres with Ryan**air amongst the half-time entertainment !!!!! Looked like ad had been produced in someone's garage for about 5 pts of the black stuff!!!!! Me thinks the latest security measures might be starting to hurt...............:E

apaddyinuk
12th Sep 2006, 19:12
To be honest it just sounds like a typical Ryanair ad. They rarely advertise anything on TV these days so they actually seem to be pushing the boat out more than anything. As for the free faRES, I doubt it...lots of hidden extras under the guise of taxes!!! :ugh:

schoolkid
12th Sep 2006, 19:23
From looking at the ryr website it looks like the rte 1 primetime programme will examine the topic of "pilot fatigue" this evening
and of course they have reportedly "interviewed a number of ryanair pilots about their concerns"
i know that it will probably be full of ryr bashing and scaremongering but still might be worth a look:ok:

MercenaryAli
12th Sep 2006, 19:25
This might sound like a stupid question but here goes. . . .

How can one be taxed on a ZERO expenditure or has Gordon "Meanie" Brown found a NEW way of raising revenue so he can pay welfare recipients even more unearned income? :ugh:

hobie
12th Sep 2006, 20:39
As for the free faRES, I doubt it...lots of hidden extras under the guise of taxes!!!

I had a look at the "4 million seats -free" add on Ryanair's web site and it clearly states .....

Fares are exclusive of taxes fees & charges which do not exceed £15.98

so .... 16.oo quid and the world's your Oyster :p ...well almost ....

Charlie Roy
13th Sep 2006, 08:21
The link below is to an article (in French, sorry, use Babelfish) that says that the Irish ambassador to Romania has indicated that Ryanair will visit Romania in October to negotiate opening routes to Bucharest and Timisoara.

http://www.investir-roumanie.com/article.php?id_article=1508

As expected, isn't it?

daz211
13th Sep 2006, 09:09
Timisoara was going to be a new route from STN by Carpetair
but they put it on hold.

daz211
14th Sep 2006, 11:39
Ryanair eyes Russian flights

Irish budget carrier Ryanair would consider adding destinations in Russia to its routes network, if the country enters a bilateral air services agreement with the European Union (EU), a spokesman for the airline said yesterday.
St Petersburg and other Russian cities would be a 'natural extension' to the airline's route network, Ryanair director of new route development Bernard Berger said yesterday at the World Low-Cost Airlines Congress in London. 'If Russia becomes available, there are many possible destinations [for Ryanair],' he said.
Ryanair is also open to adding more longer-distance routes to its network following the announcement of flights to Malta and Morocco, Berger said. However, generally speaking, the carrier prefers to keep flights 'as short as possible', and its average sector length over the coming years will not greatly increase,

eu01
14th Sep 2006, 12:18
Very interesting. As we've read in an other thread (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=168013), some 2 years ago Ryanair has considered flying to the Finnish Lappeenranta Airport (they say it is situated some 2 hours from St Petersburg by road). Could work, who knows? But now, flying directly to St Petersburg would be a very new approach indeed. Hundreds of millions of potential passangers not yet served by any low-cost carrier... And of course many sights in Russia to be explored by EU citizens. But do you have any hints that Russia wants to enter the "open-skies" agreement? I cannot imagin MOL and his people negotiating with Russian officials :ouch: through the diplomatic channels.
Have you ever been in Lappeenranta (or elsewhere on the Finnish Saimaa lake)? I guess it could be an interesting blend of tourist impressions as well :rolleyes: (St Petersburg being a main attraction of course).

angels
14th Sep 2006, 12:42
eu01 - Have you ever applied for a Russian visa??!! :}

eu01
14th Sep 2006, 12:51
eu01 - Have you ever applied for a Russian visa??!! :}Nope. Good point. But they will hopefully understand how important for their economy the tourism industry could be. And open skies as well.

Charlie Roy
14th Sep 2006, 16:02
As a result the following services will be temporarily suspended from Nov until end Feb.

From
To
Frequency
Closure

London Luton
Brest
3 weekly
11 Nov – 27 Feb

London Stansted
Deauville
3 weekly
31 Oct – 28 Feb

Nottingham East Midlands
Nimes
3 weekly
09 Nov – 19 Dec
& 09 Jan – 28 Feb

Shannon
Nantes
3 weekly
09 Nov – 27 Feb

Confirming these winter suspensions today, Peter Sherrard, Ryanair’s Head of Communications said:
“We will over the next four weeks announce a new European base and a further series of new routes from existing bases. The one aircraft which will be freed up for the winter period as a result of the above withdrawals will be allocated to this new route development this winter. We have selected these routes for withdrawal because they were the poorest performers in terms of advance bookings. However, we have assured each of the relevant airports that these routes will restart next February, well in advance of the summer season when travel to the French regions is strong”.

Source: Ryanair website

So one new base to be announced in the next few weeks :ok: Hmmmmmm.... has to be Bremen! (Or maybe Madrid). Or I don't know. Looking forward to hearing which new routes are coming to the existing bases too.

Anyone any info?

daz211
14th Sep 2006, 16:37
Major talks ended yesterday at RYR.
VERY good news to be announced very soon:ok:

phil_2405
14th Sep 2006, 17:31
daz211

Good news for who?

daz211
14th Sep 2006, 17:43
I wish I could just say it now but I cant.

Lets put it this way,
At this time its 50/50 between two bases, one in Spain and one in Germany, the one that is not announced in the next few weeks
will follow early 2007.

And it should be good news for a few uk airports.

cesare.caldi
14th Sep 2006, 18:01
Major talks ended yesterday at RYR.
VERY good news to be announced very soon:ok:

Please give us more informations! :)

airhumberside
14th Sep 2006, 18:04
So can it be taken that there will be no new UK bases but expansion at existing ones plus new routes to airports that aren't FR bases such as DSA and BOH?

cesare.caldi
14th Sep 2006, 18:36

And for italian airport will be new route?

Stanstedeye
14th Sep 2006, 18:47
cesare.caldi

My daughter lives in Milan, so get us keep our fingers crossed that it is Bergamo

daz211
14th Sep 2006, 18:50
What I have heard, from a person deeply involved in the talks
the two (airports) bases being talked about are not in the uk.

Routes from the chosen base will be at least two uk and two european bases.
thats all I can say.:oh:

phil_2405
14th Sep 2006, 19:21
I would suggest that NEMA will be one of those UK bases in line for further expansion next Feb/March time onwards :ok:

egnxema
15th Sep 2006, 11:14
Yeah - very wierd that most of the FR schedules are not yet bookable from 28Feb from EMA.

The wording of the press release on Fr's website yesterday indicated that the aircraft freed up through the 4 route suspensions would be used in the next round of expansion. Of course, they are actually talking about 4 aircraft, because the suspended routes are all at different bases.

An EMA - MAD 3xweekly would be a pretty good start!!

initial
15th Sep 2006, 16:58
On Friday 13th Oct taxes and charges on the MAN-DUB route are 21.68 outbound and 11.92 return. On the following Monday they are 9.98 outbound and 9.96 return. Why is there such a difference between the two days?

Do they accurately effect what Ryanair have to pay the government/airports or are they just a money making ploy to say that they are only charging 0.01 for the flight?

phil_2405
15th Sep 2006, 17:06
Yeah - very wierd that most of the FR schedules are not yet bookable from 28Feb from EMA.
That indicates to me we can expect a shuffle of the NEMA Ryanair schedules from that date to include new routes using new as well as existing based aircraft?

eu01
15th Sep 2006, 18:50
So one new base to be announced in the next few weeks
Anyone any info?
The Annual General Meeting of Ryanair Holdings plc will be held on September 21, 2006 at 10.00 am in The Clarion Hotel, Dublin Airport, Co. Dublin. It could be the good opportunity to make this announcement there(?)

Manston Airport
15th Sep 2006, 22:00
eu01

Is this where they say there next Ryanair base will be and routes?

James

virginblue
16th Sep 2006, 09:15
On Friday 13th Oct taxes and charges on the MAN-DUB route are 21.68 outbound and 11.92 return. On the following Monday they are 9.98 outbound and 9.96 return. Why is there such a difference between the two days?
Do they accurately effect what Ryanair have to pay the government/airports or are they just a money making ploy to say that they are only charging 0.01 for the flight?
You cannot be seriously asking this after all the media coverage this subject has received :O There is even a Member of the European Parliament calling for laws against Ryanair stealth taxes. In short, a good porportion of Ryanair's "taxes and fees" are dreamed up and poorly disguised surcharges.

FLYboh
16th Sep 2006, 09:31
Virginblue

You can throw that accusation at nearly all the lo-co carriers. FR charges less taxes from BOH than TOM for instance.:confused:

virginblue
16th Sep 2006, 10:19
Well, I have yet to find another LCC that has a wheelchair levy......:uhoh:

RAT 5
16th Sep 2006, 10:34
Wheelchair levy makes an enormous profit. Here's the maths:

189 pax paying, I think, 50p. = 94.50GBP: on EVERY flight!!

Airport Cost of wheelchair (shared with airport) = +/- 15GBP for each party.

Max number of wheelchairs per flight = 4.

Most pax who use a wheel chair regularly bring there own, therefore no airport charge.

RYR have 120a/c flying 8 sectors per day. In August they claimed to have flown 4.0m pax each paying 50p, for nothing.

You do the calculation!!!

Add to that the compulsory insurance levy. Wow. If any of this is stopped the profits would take a big hit. Stealth taxes that Gordon would be proud of.

virginblue
16th Sep 2006, 10:53
There has been an interesting analysis about this in The Times recently:

http://travel.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,10295-2335409_3,00.html

The wheelchair levy adds 34m GBP to Ryanair's bottom line annually.....

Runway 31
16th Sep 2006, 12:18
They are all at it. I was looking at flights Edinburgh to London last week and BA and BMI are just the same if not worse. With BMI the flights I looked at were priced £4 each way and then had £94 taxes and charges applied !!!!!. How do they all get away with it?.

outofsynch
16th Sep 2006, 15:02
Its easy. Civilised countries law requires airlines (and all businesses) to only advertise fares with taxes inclusive. Therefore pax only pay the advertised fare. Clear and unambiguous. Just daft that this country doesnt have same law. Wouldnt petrol seem cheap if advertised the same way.....

Same goes for advertising any products ex VAT. Should be illegal.

eu01
16th Sep 2006, 15:53
Is this where they say there next Ryanair base will be and routes?
Not exactly, it's something more important (I guess). An Annual general meeting is generally held every year to inform the members of previous and future activities (AGM is in some cases required by law to hold, e.g. for the shareholders). FR's shareholders want to know about the future plans obviously, so... a kind of announcement concerning base(es) could (should?) be made at the time.

caja
16th Sep 2006, 16:21
This article says that OPO will probably will not be soon a Ryanair base, only next 3 years.
http://72.14.221.104/search?q=cache:xjEOR-Mmsv8J:jornal.publico.clix.pt/noticias.asp%3Fa%3D2006%26m%3D09%26d%3D14%26uid%3D%26id%3D97 640%26sid%3D10757+Porto+base+da+Ryanair&hl=pt-PT&gl=pt&ct=clnk&cd=11

Another. The interest of Pico Island - PIX to Ryanair flights, but it's depending on OPO Base.
http://ilhamaior.com/publica/RyanairFranck_17-2-06.htm

daz211
16th Sep 2006, 20:38
Ryanair expands Dublin routes
Ryanair has announced new routes from Dublin and confirmed it had carried four million passengers in August.

Ryanair announced new routes from Dublin to Malta, Stockholm and the Canary Islands for summer 2007. The airline added that it is doubling the frequency of services from Dublin to Berlin, Rome, Malaga and Faro.

The expansion of the Dublin service announced today by Ryanair's chief executive Michael O'Leary is a clear statement of intent to take on Aer Lingus from its home base.

fanatic1
16th Sep 2006, 20:49
Well it seems that ryanair cant get on with buisness without trying to annoy another airline.

Sad stuff :(

Good news fro Dublin though, cause Shamrock arent leaving dublin, not in a million years :)

airhumberside
16th Sep 2006, 20:59
DUB-Stockholm/Canaries havs been mentioned in the press a lot recently, but Ive never seen FR issue a press release :confused:

daz211
16th Sep 2006, 21:48
There was talk of RYR flying to the AZORES,
A friend of mine high up in RYR keeps saying that I will have to
wait to find out whats going to happen, but she says its going
to be big news, I dont know what her idea of big news is, she says alot is going on behind closed doors at RYR and they dont want the announcement to get out to the press, I am bursting to know whats going to be announced, I only hope its not going to be a let down.
so only another 3 and a half week to go, or maybe less ?:ugh:

Charlie Roy
17th Sep 2006, 00:25
DUB-Stockholm/Canaries havs been mentioned in the press a lot recently, but Ive never seen FR issue a press release :confused:

Ryanair talked about this in a press release dated September 4th. You can read on their website in the latest news section, in an article titled: "RYANAIR: 1st AIRLINE TO CARRY 4M PAX A MONTH"

airhumberside
17th Sep 2006, 08:58
I wonder if there will be another announcement since there is nothing on the frequency of Stockholm or on what Canary Islands will be served?

eu01
17th Sep 2006, 17:57
Yet once again:

Why did Ryanair refuse my mother a wheelchair?

On Friday night my mother was flying from Pisa to Dublin, and unable to walk due to a sudden hip injury, she asked Ryanair for a wheelchair at the airport to help her board: they refused. And I'd like to know why.

The customer wrote a letter to CEO Michael O'Leary and published it here (http://www.blather.net/****egeist/2006/09/why_did_ryanair_refuse_my_mot.htm).

I'd like to comment on that.

Our lives consist of pieces, like a puzzle game. These pieces reflect all our experiences with variety of people we met, events and places we witness. To build the puzzle of life we use different kinds of blocks according to our personal estimation. Some features, situations or behaviors we consider good, other things are for us neutral or negative. We build our image of everything, institutions as well, airlines are not an exception.

Ryanair has been perceived as positive by many; it's cheap and affordable for the great majority of people, it is mostly punctual as well, it allows the clients save considerable amount of money they can spend later at the destination. However, the bargain price as the only argument is just not enough for many others. Expressing it sparingly, the Ryanair's imperfectness pertains to the vast territory of customer relations that for FR is seemingly insignificant. The carelessness about what happens to some of the passengers traveling aboard of their planes is unfair and cannot last (for their own sake as well). Such carelessness comes always at a price, albeit the cost is not measurable directly in euros or pounds.

There are just a few things that every airline has to avoid. Harsh or aversive behaviours in the interpersonal relationships (especially while dealing with children, disabled or sick people) always produce unproportional amounts of contradictory publicity that costs much more then it is worth, even in terms of money.

As such things happen, more and more people keep adding the negative pieces to the puzzle while building the Ryanair's image in their minds. Considering its ambitions to overpass others and become a leader in Europe, RYR should change its conduct right away, not allowing the potential customers to look for other carriers. It's still possible to prevent a shift in mind of many customers from any degree of acceptance or even admiration towards much more negative attitudes which are usually hard to reverse.

Keeping its image positive, as passenger-friendly airline, should in my opinion become one of Ryanair's priorities.

PS. My apologies for a possible roughness of this difficult text (I'm not a native English speaker).

Charlie Roy
18th Sep 2006, 11:36
I wonder if there will be another announcement since there is nothing on the frequency of Stockholm or on what Canary Islands will be served?

Regarding Stockholm, it is possible that Ryanair have been awaiting the general election results in Sweden. Now that it seems that the opposition will be taking power, and cutting taxes, and probably binning the proposed aviation tax :ok:, thus we can expect this new route to become available in the booking engine...

However, I think Ryanair is simply rushing to reveal all their great plans for Dublin so as to undermine and damage Aer Lingus in the run up to their Stock market floatation :suspect:

daz211
19th Sep 2006, 11:37
THIS HAS NOT BEEN ANNOUNCED !

But the word leaking out of Dublin is that RIGA will be next base.

cesare.caldi
19th Sep 2006, 11:42
THIS HAS NOT BEEN ANNOUNCED !

But the word leaking out of Dublin is that RIGA will be next base.

When will be annunced?

And about new possible route from Riga base?

daz211
19th Sep 2006, 11:46
Sorry I dont know any more, as I have said (leaking out) of dublin in the last 30min or so.

Shanwickman
19th Sep 2006, 11:48
Hi Daz any leaks as to what the Canary Islands route (s) will be?

Manston Airport
19th Sep 2006, 12:33
No sign off this news on Ryanairs website yet? and I cant see any news about it anywhere :=

James

anna_list
19th Sep 2006, 12:36
Bremen Airport seem to think that they have also been picked for a base:

http://www.airport-bremen.de/

daz211
19th Sep 2006, 12:44
do you not know anything about aviation news or announcements ?
I thought everyone knew, the news gets leaked, the whole world gets to know the news, and then it gets put on the airlines website.:ugh:

My post at 1300 ish was from a news report

daz211
19th Sep 2006, 13:00
Ryanair needs a new base outside Europe to allow expansion, the low-cost airline has announced.

The carrier is not currently able to operate services that fly for longer than four-and-a-half hours due to the type of aircraft it uses.

However, new bases outside Europe would allow Ryanair to develop a network for passengers to travel to Europe, Africa and Asia, according to reports.

"When we want to go outside of the EU Open Skies area, we will need to have a base somewhere else with aircraft on a different register.

For example, If we had a base in Russia, we will put some aircraft into Russia on the Russian register. It would mean nothing except that we'd have more flexibility to fly outside of Europe," the same would also be true to Asia and Africa.

janus627
19th Sep 2006, 13:01
Ryanair had a flight (FR003 and FR004) between Dublin and Bremen today, with a 1 hour press conference in between.
German media is full of information about this - most information not correct ;-) - so it should be true...

virginblue
19th Sep 2006, 13:04
Official Press Release from BRE - this effectively rules out the much speculated MAD base with BRE and RIX the next two bases. RIX should be announced officially earlly in 2007 according to the timeline communicated by Ryanair recently.

Summary:

- built-up of base to three aircraft, starting spring 2007
- 15 destinations, among them destinations in the UK, Ireland, "northern Europe", Italy and the "Iberian Peninsula". Clear hint at a London destination.
- Ryanair to pay full airport fees, state taxes, ATC costs, allowing the airport to make a profit form the operation as well (yeah yeah....)

[QUOTE]Europas Nummer 1 bei preiswerten Flügen hat sich für Bremen als neuen Standort entschieden. Die irische Gesellschaft Ryanair wird ab Frühjahr 2007 schrittweise drei fabrikneue Boeing 737-Flugzeuge in der Hansestadt stationieren.

Der vorläufige Flugplan weist 15 neue Destinationen auf, darunter viele neue Geschäftsreiseverbindungen nach Großbritannien, Irland, Nordeuropa und Italien. Speziell für Urlauber: Die iberische Halbinsel wird dann auch wieder nonstop ab Bremen erreichbar sein.

Bremens Airport begrüßt das Engagement der Iren ausdrücklich. Ryanair wird durch ihren sehr hohen Bekanntheitsgrad dazu beitragen, die Wahrnehmung und Bedeutung Bremens in Europa erheblich zu stärken. Für die Stadt und die Region sind daher erhebliche positive wirtschaftliche Effekte zu erwarten. Neben den direkten und indirekten arbeitsmarktpolitischen Effekten wird Bremens Bedeutung auch als Kongressstadt erheblich aufgewertet.

Der Luftverkehrsmarkt hat sich in den letzten zwei Jahren erheblich verändert. Low-Cost-Carrier befördern neben Privatreisenden immer mehr Geschäftsreisende. Marktforschungsuntersuchungen der Flughafen Bremen GmbH hatten dies auf der Londonroute explizit nachgewiesen. Zum anderen übernimmt Ryanair Zielregionen auf der iberischen Halbinsel, die von anderen Fluggesellschaften aufgegeben wurden.

Bremens Airport hatte sein Low-Cost-Konzept im Amtsblatt der EU europaweit und ergebnisoffen ausgeschrieben. Ryanair hat mit seiner Bewerbung die Bedingungen des Airport Bremen akzeptiert und den Zuschlag erhalten. Ryanair bezahlt voll alle anfallenden Flughafenentgelte sowie die staatlichen Engelte wie Luftsicherheitsgebühr und die Gebühren der Flugsicherung. Dass sich das Engagement der Ryanair auch für den Flughafen Bremen lohnt, belegt ein

Manston Airport
19th Sep 2006, 13:18
do you not know anything about aviation news or announcements ?
I thought everyone knew, the news gets leaked, the whole world gets to know the news, and then it gets put on the airlines website.:ugh:

My post at 1300 ish was from a news report

Yes I do know a lot about aviation news but like lots off forums say dont belive PPrune := If you had a link to that news site I belive you at moment I dont:D

James

Charlie Roy
19th Sep 2006, 13:28
Bremen base has now been announced on the Ryanair site:

London 2 x daily

Oslo 1 x Daily

Barcelona 4 x week

Murcia 4 x week

Tampere 4 x week

Venice 4 x week

Pisa 3 x week

Riga 3 x week

Verona 3x week

Charlie Roy
19th Sep 2006, 13:55
15 destinations, among them destinations in the UK, Ireland, "northern Europe", Italy and the "Iberian Peninsula".

Ryanair:
From April 2007 Ryanair will base two Boeing 737 aircraft in Bremen followed by a third in September 2007

So I expect the third aircraft which will only arrive in Bremen next September will be used to operate 6 more destinations, since only 9 were revealed today.
I'm also assuming that the Irish destination will be Dublin...

Charlie Roy
19th Sep 2006, 22:07
There's a gap in the Bremen schedules:

Aircraft 1
1-3-5-7 Stansted, Tampere, Olso, Stansted
-2-4-6- Stansted, Riga, Olso, Stansted

Aircraft 2
1-3-5-7 Murcia, Girona, Venice
-2-4-6- *NOTHING IN THE MORNING until 1350*, Pisa, Verona

Manston Airport
19th Sep 2006, 22:08
Try it I hope it works

www.balticbusinessnews.com/mod/onl_news.pl?disp=2&uud_id=583961 (http://www.balticbusinessnews.com/mod/onl_news.pl?disp=2&uud_id=583961)

Or this

www.balticbusinessnews.com/mod/onl_news.pl?disp=2&uud_id=583831 (http://www.balticbusinessnews.com/mod/onl_news.pl?disp=2&uud_id=583831)

Nope it dont work but as you can see BREMEN has been named Ryanairs new base and no sign off Riga maybe next year:ok:

James

ryan2000
19th Sep 2006, 23:10
Todays announcement that Lithuanian Airways are to commence a Vilnius SNN service makes it almost inevitable that new Baltic routes will open into SNN and ORK. With Ryanair based at both SNN and ORK it seems only a matter of time before Latvians living in Munster will be able to fly directly home. Aerlingus could also fly to Riga from Cork if they base a 5th 320 there.

honest man
20th Sep 2006, 15:21
Its being reported on taxiway alpha that PIK to EIN is axed before it begins and being replaced with Derry

cesare.caldi
20th Sep 2006, 17:15
There's a gap in the Bremen schedules:

Aircraft 1
1-3-5-7 Stansted, Tampere, Olso, Stansted
-2-4-6- Stansted, Riga, Olso, Stansted

Aircraft 2
1-3-5-7 Murcia, Girona, Venice
-2-4-6- *NOTHING IN THE MORNING until 1350*, Pisa, Verona

Any rumors about new route to put in this gap?

daz211
20th Sep 2006, 17:26
At a guess I would think LTN, BGY or DUB but only a guess.

cesare.caldi
20th Sep 2006, 17:31
Ryanair open new route from Genoa (GOA) to Frankfurt Hahn (HHN) 3x week from 1st of february 2007.

HHN-GOA 14:35-16:10 2-4-6
GOA-HHN 16:35-18:10 2-4-6

On sale now.

Charlie Roy
20th Sep 2006, 17:32

Dublin would seem entirely feasbible, especially since in Bremen airport's press release yesterday they said that Ryanair were introducing an Irish route. BGY or LTN would deserve higher frequencies than a mere -2-4-6- I would have thought.

Me just guessing too though, anyone with the facts?

cesare.caldi
20th Sep 2006, 17:41

I bet on dublin

Now with two bases it's possible for Ryanair to start internal route in Germany?

LGS6753
20th Sep 2006, 20:46
I can't see it being Luton. Easy already operate twice daily Bremen-Luton with Bremen based minibuses.

Charlie Roy
20th Sep 2006, 20:50
LGS6753

No, it's a once daily flight using a Luton based aircraft, isn't it? In any case a -2-4-6- from Ryanair would still find it difficult to compete.

Powerjet1
20th Sep 2006, 21:09
Understand that it is now ryan's intention, at least as far as Luton is concerned, to operate flights to overseas destinations, using only Luton based aircraft. The reason for this I'm not entirely sure but I think I can guess. However, it does mean that flights into LTN from other ryan bases, using their based aircraft, is now fairly unlikely. Of course we all know things can change. Consequently any expansion in routes & services will tend to come from the Luton end.

daz211
21st Sep 2006, 10:28
Ryanair has announced more new routes,

All From Dublin.

Oslo, Madrid, Tenerife north, Tampere, Fuerteventura, Turin,
Vitoria, billund, Seville, Almeria, Rzeszow, Bolongna, Pula,
Trapani, Alghero.

See airlines website for dates, As I cant be :mad: to right it all again, I dont know what the people that run this place have agains me but two threads re this announcement have vanished this morning.:sad:

Manston Airport
21st Sep 2006, 11:01
I see that Ryanair have stated that they will make BOH a base within the next 5 or 6 years :D I cant wait for this to happen.

James

johnref
21st Sep 2006, 11:01
Derry - Prestwick announced 5 days per week

eu01
21st Sep 2006, 12:38
Did we expect any sensational news to come out at the Annual General Meeting of FR? Well, probably yes, but what's been left actually? The new German base has already been announced and carrier's outlook is as good as expected... Nevertheless, I have found something intriguing as well. Let me quote just a short fragment of MOL's speech. Do you want to make any own conclusions?
"I think if there were open skies, we'd certainly look at maybe setting up a sister or a brother airline to Ryanair which would look at operating long-haul, low-fare flights, particularly from Ireland to the United States."
Source: Michael O'Leary at AGM, Dublin, Sept. 21.

daz211
21st Sep 2006, 12:48
Would be nice and I bet it would be well used.

What would they call it?

airhumberside
21st Sep 2006, 17:47
Any more info on DUB-NYO?

SXB
21st Sep 2006, 19:21
Quote:
"I think if there were open skies, we'd certainly look at maybe setting up a sister or a brother airline to Ryanair which would look at operating long-haul, low-fare flights, particularly from Ireland to the United States."
Source: Michael O'Leary at AGM, Dublin, Sept. 21.

It would be somewhat difficult for Ryanair to get into the long-haul market, their model, even via a sister comapny, wouldn't work as well in this segment.

Things like the fast turnaround doesn't become so much of an issue because of the reduced number of sectors, they'd also have to start paying for their staff to stay in hotels and they'd have to clean the planes. Additionally, cramming passengers into a 737 for a 1hr journey is one thing but cramming them into a A330 for 8 hours is another.

There is also the fact that they don't have any equipment capable of flying long haul nor the staff to fly them.

Their only option would be to buy an existing airline, which isn't going to happen because they'd have to impose their working models on staff who are probably unionized and protected. One of the pseudo-charter/scheduled companies might be an option though. We'll see what happens.

akerosid
21st Sep 2006, 20:01
I think you need to look at this statement in the context of the EI privatisation; every analyst, their granny and the dog and their granny's analyst is saying that EI needs to develop long haul; what better way to undermine EI than to threaten this. All he needs to do is to make it plausible in some way. The reference to the SNN stopover suggests a focus on the Irish market (whereas the overall Open Skies would allow him to do this from all across Europe), so that kind of suggests to me that they're looking at spiking EI and if they can undermine EI on long haul, they can really put the squeeze on them on short haul ...

That said, I don't think it can be ruled out. If this website were around 15 years ago and someone had said that there'd be an Irish airline which would be one of the biggest and fastest growing in Europe, using only 737s, you'd probably have doubted it; I think there are fundamental differences in long haul, not least because people want their creature comforts, BUT we will get to a stage of having Open Skies and indeed, the Shannon stopover could be lifted (or at least greatly alleviated) by next month, so he could well try and dip his toe in the water.

If I had to take a guess, however, I think it's something he will look at, but right now, he's just saying it to undermine EI.

Charlie Roy
21st Sep 2006, 20:33
I see that Ryanair have stated that they will make BOH a base within the next 5 or 6 years :D I cant wait for this to happen.

What is the source of your information regarding Ryanair at BOH? In the Bournemouth thread you also mentioned new Ryanair routes for BOH next year? Was this talked about at today's AGM? Or... ?

I think it's something he will look at, but right now, he's just saying it to undermine EI.

I also feel the same way. Ryanair mentioned longhaul today solely as another dig to Aer Lingus.

Does anyone have a link to a news article or official statement which reveals what was said and talked about at Ryanair's AGM today?

daz211
21st Sep 2006, 20:59
Ryanair could op a sister company, having longhaul destinations from each of their bases that could handle larger a/c, there is nothing to stop them
op these routes as a normal priced airline, with full frills and use the low cost model as a feeder airline, I could see this working, or just use Stansted as the long haul base and let other airlines bring in the pax.:E

LGS6753
21st Sep 2006, 21:01
Charlie Roy,

I'm fairly sure (90%+!) that EZY's Bremen-Luton is operated by BRE-based A319s twice a day. The flight numbers are 4xxx whereas LTN flight numbers are 2xxx. Also, there are no EZY 319s based at LTN so far (although they operate in from BRE, EDI and GLA).

eu01
21st Sep 2006, 21:16
Does anyone have a link to a news article or official statement which reveals what was said and talked about at Ryanair's AGM today?Try this (via France, but in English) (http://www.easybourse.com/Website/dynamic/News.php?NewsID=60192&lang=fra&NewsRubrique=2)
or this (Reuters) (http://go.reuters.co.uk/newsArticle.jhtml?type=businessNews&storyID=1465843&section=finance&src=rss/uk/businessNews)

caja
21st Sep 2006, 21:53
Other new routes announced at the Annual General meeting of the Carcassonne Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
The possible new routes announced at the Annual General meeting of the Carcassonne Chamber of Commerce and Industry, CCI, were Frankfurt Hann, Eindhoven which would greatly assist the Dutch, a significant minority in the Aude both in terms of second homers and permanent residents, and Liverpool.

http://www.midi-life.com/News/Carcassonne_and_Ryaniar_aim_for_600000_passengers_in_2007.ht m

Charlie Roy
21st Sep 2006, 21:53
Charlie Roy,

I'm fairly sure (90%+!) that EZY's Bremen-Luton is operated by BRE-based A319s twice a day. The flight numbers are 4xxx whereas LTN flight numbers are 2xxx. Also, there are no EZY 319s based at LTN so far (although they operate in from BRE, EDI and GLA).

Hmmmm... If you try to book a flight between Luton and Bremen with Easyjet it shows a once daily flight that leaves Luton at 18:55, arrives Bremen 21:20, then leaves Bremen at 21:45 to arrive back in Luton at 22:10 ... It would seem this route is operated by a Luton based aircraft. Easyjet don't have any other routes from Bremen, so I don't believe they have an aircraft based there.... Maybe you're thinking of another route?

Sorry this isn't Ryanair related

virginblue
21st Sep 2006, 21:56
Charlie Roy,

No, it is a once daily late evening flight

LTN 1855 - 2120 BRE 2145 - 2210 LTN EZY 2815/6 73G

Charlie Roy
21st Sep 2006, 23:26
The possible new routes announced at the Annual General meeting of the Carcassonne Chamber of Commerce and Industry, CCI, were Frankfurt Hann, Eindhoven

Eindhoven is an interesting one. Simply because it would mean W-ing from another base like Stansted or Charleroi (or Hahn!)...

Evileyes
22nd Sep 2006, 01:18
Ryanair thread continued here:

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=244938

It got too big and had to be "PPRuNed"