PDA

View Full Version : QANTAS Selection Process

PollyP
17th Jul 2006, 08:32
Hi all,

I'm new here, so hello :)

I was wanting to know if anyone had any info on the QANTAS selection process for cabin crew - eg. interviews, medical etc. etc.

And should I apply through MAM or QANTAS direct?

Thanks!

mostie
17th Jul 2006, 08:49
PollyP,
Qantas [The spirit of Australia] doesn't employ new flight attendants in Australia any more.
Longhaul flight attendants are only sourced from Bangkok, Auckland and London.
Shorthaul FAs are sourced through the labour hire firm called maurice alexander management.
If you are looking to fly shorthaul may I suggest you give them a call. The best they can offer you is a CASUAL position.
If you wish to fly longhaul may I suggest you emigrate to the UK, Thailand or New Zealand.

Welcome to jack boot johnnies brave new world.

OzyOS
17th Jul 2006, 12:01
Hi PollyP

Unfortunately Mostie is right regarding the recruitment with Qantas. As far as job security goes flying Qantas, it just doesnt exist anymore. Although having said this, amazingly enough, last year QF international recruited (a friend of mine attended the interviews) but I'm affraid that interview may have been the last of a dying era.

You can still keep your details on file with staffcv, but having said this i have been on file with them forever and havent heard a peep out of them.

Some other options for you could be flying for QantasLink (Eastern Australian Airlines) I was with them for many years, they encourage and help you with your professional growth within the company and I really have excellent memeories of my time there (hence the fact I now want to return to the big blue sky) but unfortunately the pay isnt anything to get overly excited about, but I still managed to get by...just need to be a little conservative with your spending ;)

QantasLink's conditions however are still decent, offering you job security (full-time, super etc) and staff travel. Progression is also available into Qantas Mainline, but having said this you are on a waiting list f-o-r-e-v-e-r (5+ years) and although you get to keep your job security you had with Eastern when you progress, you will however be affected with whatever pay cuts etc new FA's cop in the year you move into Qantas mainline(hope that just made sence?) To be honest although the pay is slightly better with Qantas than Eastern, its only just that 'slightly'.

other options are Jetstar, Virginblue etc. Have a read of the other threads regarding these airlines to get a feel for what they have to offer and what best suits you....goodluck, its a great job and having been out of the industry for 2 1/2 years havent found a job that matches it.....just dont expect to make millions :p

Flyboy5423
17th Jul 2006, 12:20
Hi all,

I'm new here, so hello :)

I was wanting to know if anyone had any info on the QANTAS selection process for cabin crew - eg. interviews, medical etc. etc.

And should I apply through MAM or QANTAS direct?

Thanks!

Hi Polly

I've been with Rex now for a little over 2 years...give them a go, we have F/A's from the bigger airlines working with us and they say they wouldnt go back, after talking to them i doubt i'd work for anyother airline in Australia.

PollyP
17th Jul 2006, 13:01
Thanks for the help everyone, I will take your advice on board and let you know what I do. :)

pamo
17th Jul 2006, 13:07
Hi. I have applied for cabin crew and I dont have any idea how does there interview goes. Can anyone guide me.

Thanks
PAmo

OzyOS
17th Jul 2006, 13:33
Hey there Pamo,

There are many threads on this site that focus on the interview/recruitment process with different airlines from Virgin to Qantas. When you get some free time have a browse through these threads, because they are up to date and pretty spot on with what to expect with FA interviews. Happy reading :p