PDA

View Full Version : Part Time Thomsonfly?

Fly chick
17th Jul 2006, 08:02
Hello all,
I am due to return to LGW part time in Nov (50 %) after maternity and career break and was wondering if anyone could give me a rough idea of the hours.....
Any info would be appreciated as I'm in a bit of a childcare dilema and trying to sort something out so I can come back!

Thanks in advance

Mel

chicken legs
17th Jul 2006, 08:59
Hi
As you probably know, you will work one month on one off. On your month on, you will have a normal roster which now will be a maximum of 4 duties between days off. As we now have the Carmen bidding system it should be easier for you to bid for the type of shifts that suit you more. I'm not sure of how well its working as I am on Maternity myself but some people seem to be getting what they want, others not. All I would say, is make sure you get someone who knows what they are doing to help you initially. I would imagine you will get trained on it on your rejoiners course.
You also have the choice of whether to do night stops/long haul or not which you ca opt in or out on a monthly basis. Hope this helps, good luck.

Fly chick
17th Jul 2006, 18:44
Thanks for the info!... that Carmen thing sounds good (in pricipal!). Am keen to get back flying, just need to find an ultra flexible childminder as grandparents live too far away to be able to palm our daughter off onto!, hubby works for Monarch so also works silly hours...

Cheers!
Mel