PDA

View Full Version : Air Law ATPL (CAR's and DAP's EAST WEST)

confirm-finals?
17th Jul 2006, 06:44
Does anyone have CAR's and DAP's EAST and WEST I could borrow to sit the Australian ATPL air law in the Sydney area? I would only require them for a max of two days

Any help would be great

Cheers

Aussie
17th Jul 2006, 07:54
Why dont ya ask someone closer to home, like from the flying school you are recieving training from...?

Just a thought!

Aussie

the_regulators
17th Jul 2006, 08:05
Don't know anyone who has had any Q's from DAP E or W.
CAR maybe. Could d/load and print a couple of sections.
nothing from ERC H+L's
Although the list of candidate materials allows full scope of Q's it is possibly unfair that a candidate buys/brings near to every doc and chart for no reason.

mickey_87
17th Jul 2006, 12:56
I actually got a question from the DAP's in my ATPL Law exam:

It was about the curfew at YPAD. Didnt even know this info was in the DAPS until i looked it up in the exam. So probly a wise idea to take them

Aussie
17th Jul 2006, 23:46
Yeah i got the same question... seems like AFT are onto it to, coz it was in there notes also!

:ok:

Aussie

Spelunker
18th Jul 2006, 02:55
I am sitting the same exam this coming friday.

What did you guys think of the exam, is it hard? Out of all the ATPL exams that you have done how does Air Law compare on a scale of 1-10 (10 being hardest ATPL exam you did).

Also, how many Q's are there? Since it is a 1.5 hour exam I am guessing it is 30-35 Q's?
Were there many Q's where you really had to scratch ur head and think "where in the hell am i supposed to find this in the books"?

Thanks,
Spelunker

rmcdonal
18th Jul 2006, 05:39
Would say Air Law was one of the easier exams. 3/10
About 30-35Qs in the exam.
I had seen a variation beforehand of each question in the AFT practice exams so I knew where to find everything.
I used the CAO's CAR's and some AIP's in the exam. The only Q that I got from the DAPs was that Curfew one.
Didn't even open a map (which was good because all the ones I had where out of date).
If you do the AFT practice exams then you should have no trouble.
Good Luck, but you wont need it.

Aussie
18th Jul 2006, 06:00
I agree,

Fairly straight forward, especially if you used AFT notes to study. You will have seen all the questions before hand...

3/10 sounds reasonable.

Aussie

ballsdeep
18th Jul 2006, 06:15
to my knowlegde the adelaide curfew question is the only question from the daps

skywest_xr
18th Jul 2006, 07:33
Curfew at YPAD, got that question aswell, refer to DAP NAP.

"What course of action would you take given you were arriving at YPAD at 2000Z", or something along those lines.

confirm-finals?
19th Jul 2006, 04:34
Thanks for the help guys!

Aussie I am an Aussie pilot back in Australia for a few days only. I dont really see a point in buying CAR's and DAP's for one exam as I use Jeps with my company overseas.

I have the AFT course notes and CAO's and AIP's tagged already. Seems most questions come from these...

Thanks for the help again

Aussie
19th Jul 2006, 04:50
Yeah, in that case youll be right mate! :ok:

Aussie

computer says no
19th Jul 2006, 12:09
Hi mate, I can back up what everyone has said in regards to what you'll probably need for the exam (I didn't use the daps/maps at all), however if it's not too late i've got the daps and car's for you if you want to take them in just in case. PM me if you want a lend.:ok: (I'm in sth syd, not far from syd airport)

archangel7
20th Jul 2006, 19:40
can I borrow your headsets for a few weeks as well? lol jk

Spelunker
21st Jul 2006, 09:40
Just finished the AALW exam today, and it wasn't as bad as I expected. True what most of you have said that the AFT practice exams are handy
;)

I also got the Q regarding the Adelaide curfew, and my charts were not needed for anything. I would suggest taking the DAP's to the exam though.

Thanks for the tips fellas.

confirm-finals?
22nd Jul 2006, 10:26
computer says no check your PM's:ok: