PDA

View Full Version : AIR BERLIN Good experience

Avman
16th Jul 2006, 21:10
Just want to say that I recently flew Air Berlin DUS-ZRH-DUS and was most impressed by their product considering they are an LCC operation after all. Seat allocation (in advance if you pay), Free meal (sandwich) and free soft drinks. Comfortable seat pitch in their A319. Not too keen on the colour of their leather seats though :eek: All in all a very pleasant experience and I look forward to using them again.

daz211
16th Jul 2006, 21:46
I flew AB in may from stn to pmi i was shocked
i have always been pro ryanair on many routes
but booked AB as ryanair did not offer this route
as above so impressed with everything much better
than ryanair and still £88 each for filght and hotel
for a week in palma nova / magaluf
flights we good 1030 dep stn and 1430 dep pmi
very good for people with children
just waiting for summer 2007 going on sale
and ill be away again :D :D :D :D :D

jack_essex
17th Jul 2006, 09:18
I'm going to be booking some Stansted to Alicante flights with AB soon for my mum and her friends. I have heard so many good reviews of Air Berlin and at such a great price. Make the most of the prices before some of the easyJet passengers catch on to this airline operating the same route!

OpsSix
17th Jul 2006, 15:33
I flew with AB from STN-DUS & TXL-STN. Both flights were in Fk100's and I was very impressed. I would def fly with them again.

Frankfurt_Cowboy
19th Jul 2006, 22:57
Air Berlin Rock!! I've no idea how they do it but always great service at a reasonable price, wish they had more FRA services.

The late XV105
20th Jul 2006, 10:34
Good to read.

I am flying AB STN-NUE-STN in a week's time. Gonna be a long day as I'm day tripping and have 2:30 drive to and from STN.

I chose Air Berlin as they run the only direct flight to/from NUE, thus *just* making a day trip feasible for the work I need to do.

Was disappointed to find no direct flight from BHX - only 30 mins from the house - and groaned at yet another trudge to STN (I do it several times a month already for FR travel to XWZ, but look forward to using AB.

Even the small touch of SMS confirmation impressed me; I know this ain't expensive to do and my car dealer does the same with servicing bookings - including a reminder to turn up! - but it impresses given that most LoCos probable peel the loo paper plies apart to make two sheets out of one! ;-)

jack_essex
20th Jul 2006, 15:42
XV105, It's things like this which make Air Berlin in my opinion one of the best low cost airlines around. I think just the fact of getting a seat allocated makes the whole experience so much more civilized. I hate the usual scrum you get in just to get on the plane.

Bill16STN
5th Oct 2006, 12:03
Just flown STN > DUS > STN with AB on a 737-700 both ways.
Bloody brilliant airline!
What is interesting however that the CC on AB treat the PAX as "grown ups"
- unlike EZY & Ryan Air (he said, sticking his neck RIGHT out! :ouch: )
Just waiting for AB to offer STN > Stuttgart then I'll be able to use them to get to all of our factories

Musket90
5th Oct 2006, 17:59
Bill - You can already fly STN - Stuttgart, but with Germanwings. Not sure though how they compare to AB

Avman
6th Oct 2006, 19:38
I found Germanwings to be quite reasonable. Only minus points in comparisson to Air Berlin is: no seat allocation and no free in flight service, but I found their food selection reasonably priced.