PDA

View Full Version : Pepsi Starts Australian Low Cost Carier!

n.w.a.3.2.0..
16th Jul 2006, 10:56
Just heard from a friend of a friend of a freind of a friend of my mums cousins' neice's husbands boss' mistress who works at CASA and apparently a company called pepsijet holdings has booked a proving flight to obtain its AOC in Jan nxt year.

Does anyone know what metal they'l be using?

Thats Coketastic!

Woomera
16th Jul 2006, 11:24
nwa320 and all your mates. None of your posts under any of your 3 personalities have contributed positively to other users of PPRuNe.

You have now been banned using 3 seperate nicks. Should you consider coming back yet again - think about the other users of pprune which use iinet.com.au as their ISP before doing so.

If you choose to ignore this advice, we will consider banning right down to ISP level. If you think we're joking, you have a short memory. Another large ISP was temporarily banned not so long ago:=

So, for the time being I'll leave this thread stickied. A jury of your peers should suffice to resolve this topic:

Attention all users of iinet. How would YOU feel if YOUR right to post on PPRuNe was jeopardised by one single selfish user?

Over to you.

Woomera (Eastern States)

airbusthreetwenty
16th Jul 2006, 11:49
Well I know if my ISP were banned i'd be annoyed.
:*

Deejay 1
16th Jul 2006, 23:32
Go Woomera!

Rock On

Buster Hyman
17th Jul 2006, 02:53
Well, I for one can vouch for what Woomera is saying. I was caught up when my ISP was banned.:suspect:

wellhunggents.com has never been the same since!:} :ouch: :suspect:

On eyre
17th Jul 2006, 04:09
Woomera
I do not condone frivolity of this type either but to consider virtually banning all contributors who subscribe to iinet because of this one person is a bit rich as they have absolutely no control or influence over this person. Talk about guilty by association!!
Find another way or just keep doing your job and throwing him out each time he/she reappears but don't chuck us out too!
Cheers

amos2
17th Jul 2006, 04:36
Toss 'em all out I say!...

'cept for Buster 'cos he's an Essendon supporter!

Green Lamp
17th Jul 2006, 04:46
Any one silly enough to be with iinet deserves to be banned. Their services are weak at best.

I was with them for 3 days when they took over a superb service at Webone. It degenerated to the worst in no time at all.

OK Woomera I'll go and have a shower also.

What time is ECT?
17th Jul 2006, 06:23
Agree with Woomera and their efforts. Every user should endevour to display PROFESSIONALISM. Don't forget - these forums are open to public viewing.
ECT?

oldhasbeen
17th Jul 2006, 09:07
Whats an ISP???:ooh:

Howard Hughes
17th Jul 2006, 09:41
Just wondering if you get a bottomless cup of Pepsi with your flight?;)

Trash Hauler
17th Jul 2006, 11:09
Woomera:

I second On eyre's post. I'm sure if it wasn't a sticky the thread would already have faded from site.

TH

Spanner Turner
17th Jul 2006, 11:17
mmmm Woomera? What happened to my earlier post in this thread? I posted a very short comment that was either #3 or #4 - it seems to have gone missing?

amos2
17th Jul 2006, 11:29
It's those bolshie, tree hugging, left wing, poofta iinet subscribers that have caused all this, you know!!

tobzalp
17th Jul 2006, 11:45
"Have a Coke and a smile and shut the **** up"

Buster Hyman
17th Jul 2006, 13:10
Someone else posted a profession of undying faith in the Essendon Football Club as well...and that seems to have gone.:confused: We need all the help we can get at the moment...

PS. Go the Storm!:}:ouch::suspect:

Shitsu_Tonka
17th Jul 2006, 13:17
Why on Earth is this trash stickyed?

Roger Standby
17th Jul 2006, 14:13
LOL tobzalp, but I need some money for a ticket...

As an iinet user, I wouldn't be happy, but from the looks of posts on whirlpool, iinet aint gonna have many users left soonanyway.:{

Buster Hyman
17th Jul 2006, 23:40
http://bc.whirlpool.net.au/ :ok:

satmstr
18th Jul 2006, 01:35
nwa320 and all your mates. None of your posts under any of your 3 personalities have contributed positively to other users of PPRuNe.

You have now been banned using 3 seperate nicks. Should you consider coming back yet again - think about the other users of pprune which use iinet.com.au as their ISP before doing so.

If you choose to ignore this advice, we will consider banning right down to ISP level. If you think we're joking, you have a short memory. Another large ISP was temporarily banned not so long ago:=

So, for the time being I'll leave this thread stickied. A jury of your peers should suffice to resolve this topic:

Attention all users of iinet. How would YOU feel if YOUR right to post on PPRuNe was jeopardised by one single selfish user?

Over to you.

Woomera (Eastern States)

Woomera, I am intrested in if you have them to amount of iinet isp users you have signed up on this board (just intrested if they are the majority of the posters that add great talking points), i think banning a whole isp would be a bit stupid since we the other users of iinet have no control over what the other users of iinett on pprune do :mad: , but my question to you is that as a moderator isnt that part of you job to ensure that the board posts are kept fair, so if it is a bad post lock the thread. If you really want to hunt down the problem why dont you log the ip and then talk to iinet and get something done about it, they are a great bunch of people at iinet that will help you. Also you ban iinet you effectively ban Ozemail aswell and anyother isp that uses iinet as a backbone, so hence you could effect more than iinet, just my two cents worth woomera, and yes i would like to see this to stop happening aswell, cya :ok:

PittsS2A
18th Jul 2006, 02:16
Dear Woomera,

Banning iinet will only make you worse than the original poster.

I can understand that it is frustrating to have to put up with the dribble that is posted by some here but if you have to resort to ISP banning then I'm afraid that it may be time to hand the moderation over to someone else.

Pitts

skywest_xr
18th Jul 2006, 07:29
If the person in question was banned, why would he care if a whole bunch of other innocent users were banned. This is the internet, he will never have to face anyone.

iinet, nor the users of iinet have absolutely no association with this user, therefore, how can we (iinet users) be held liable for his actions. If iinet was banned and we consequently lost the privilledge of using pprune, then our anger would not be towards the rogue user, but towards pprune. We have no association with, or control over this person, so please do not make us suffer for your personal differences.

Please contact iinet and discuss the matter with them. Or, do your job and ban him everytime he returns, and if you think that is too hard, then I suggest you relinquish your role as moderator.

skywest_xr

Buster Hyman
18th Jul 2006, 07:59
So...who's volunteering for a Woomera job?:rolleyes:

Danny Crane
18th Jul 2006, 08:58
What then would stop them using the-cloak.com after banning iinet ???

All I am seeing there is a punative move that would hurt innocents without effecting the bad dudes.

Mind you, iinet were the worst ISP I ever used - I suspect that they modelled their customer service on the airlines :ugh:

twiggs
18th Jul 2006, 10:06
My wife would be very happy if my ISP was banned from this site.
She would be much happier if I could only log on here when I was away!

OzExpat
18th Jul 2006, 11:55
Quite some years ago now, my ISP was blacklisted as a spam-producing site. Not because it actually generated the spam, but because it had an open portal that allowed people in other parts of the world to work through them. I was off the planet, so to speak, for about a month while the ISP took corrective action and got cleared from the blacklist.

I wasn't just prevented from logging into PPRuNe. I couldn't get any sort of a connection with the rest of the world. And, in those days, it wasn't as if I could readily change to another ISP either, as I was with the one that was known to be the best at the time. I guess it proved that by the way it rectified the problem, however I was really annoyed at the time!

The end result was actually a better service from my ISP - at least until another mob bought them out... :eek:

So, yes, I've been an innocent victim of a circumstance that was beyond my control. I'm not saying that it was good but at least those of you with this iinet mob have the option of changing to another ISP if the worst happens. I did not have that luxury.

Roger Standby
18th Jul 2006, 12:57
Biscuit chucker,

Whirlpool is to Australian internet users what Pprune is to the aviation industry.
For specific iinet issues see:

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-threads.cfm?f=72

Cheers,

RS.

flightfocus
19th Jul 2006, 02:29
Roger,

Wow. Is whirpool a collective group of self indulgent whinging and whinning "professionals" looking to berate and denigrate each other at the first available opportunity?? :ugh:

I am amazes when you look at "zones" focused on other countries there are people helping each other progress, move forward and achieve their goals.

The state of the aviation employment market is a direct reflection upon the people. It's a bit like leaders and countries - they get what they deserve.

Rant off.....:(

Johhny Utah
19th Jul 2006, 04:45
Actually - yes :} They don't call it 'whingepool' for nothing...! :D