PDA

View Full Version : ATPL Flight Test

No Body
16th Jul 2006, 09:27
I remember reading a few years ago that there was to be a flight test introduced for the issue of an ATPL in Australia.

The CASA website says that CASR Part 61 has passed the Formal Consultation phase, and has only Legislative Approval and Implementation to go. (see: http://rrp.casa.gov.au/casrcreate/061.asp#docs)

Does anyone happen to know how soon this might be introduced?

disco_air
16th Jul 2006, 09:51
In the words of ol' Len

I'll be dead before they bring it in

mawgh

...Disco

Aussie
16th Jul 2006, 23:57
I hope ya right Disco!

What if you have a FATPL?

Aussie

disco_air
17th Jul 2006, 03:44
Whats an FATPL? :confused:

Dookie on Drums
17th Jul 2006, 04:17
FROZEN ATPL:E

Wanderin_dave
17th Jul 2006, 05:36
And here i though a FATPL was a licence for those pilots a little more.....ah.....CoG challenged. :E

Aussie
17th Jul 2006, 07:55
hehe nice one mate!!! :D

aussie

No Body
22nd Jul 2006, 02:40
Anybody?.... No?.... Dust!

Aussie
22nd Jul 2006, 03:26
Probably take them yrs to organize....

Aussie

airamerica
22nd Jul 2006, 09:56
FATPL,
Makes sense, unlike our system in Aus, well outdated.
In the UK, for eg, you sit 14 subjetcs, then complete your flight training, and that is it in the way of exams.You will be awarded a CPL/IR with ATPL credits,Next you will apply for the ATPL when you meet the requirements.
Simple.
ATPL flight test in AUS, where would one go?Not in Chieftain I hope!

No Body
23rd Jul 2006, 05:16
Probably take them yrs to organize....

I think they have been working on it for a while - the initial literature on the subject suggested it was to be implemented on mid 2002.

Not in Chieftain I hope!

The test is to be held in an aircraft requiring two crew.

The reason I am asking is that I have completed the theory subjects, but don't quite have the required hours (particularly the 100 hours night). If this is likely to come in in the near future then I would be inclined to just hire a single to complete my night hours, as they are few and far between in my current position.