PDA

View Full Version : JAL

kapris
15th Jul 2006, 17:07
Hello there,

If anybody has informations about JAL recruiting in London ? Please reply...thank you very much

klinitco
18th Jul 2006, 14:48
Sorry, no answers, just more questions. I couldn't find any website for this crew base (or mention of it on JAL's site), and was wondering what flights are involved. Is it just LHR-NRT, or is it similar to ANA's base with flights to FRA and CDG as well? Any information, or even being directed to some other source of info would be highly appreciated.

sinala1
18th Jul 2006, 21:56
My understanding of the JAL LHR base (garnered from conversations had with LHR JAL crew at the Truck in NRT - so forgive me if my memory of such information is less than perfect :E ) is that they can operate from a few different European ports to Japan, sometimes from Japan onto a further destination, and then back again. I believe they are deadheaded to whichever European destination they are to start their trip from.

:ok:

klinitco
19th Jul 2006, 04:05
Thanks heaps!

Head_in_clouds
12th Oct 2006, 21:58
Hi guys

JAL are recruiting now and I'm considering applying. I did a search at the top of the page but no info came up so does anyone know what the company is like and what its like to work for them. Rosters and stuff:confused:

tonix2003
13th Oct 2006, 05:50
i wanted to apply for jal but you have to be 5ft 3ins and im only 5ft 2 uns. thing is i have everything else they need aswell. damn!!!!

Mitternacht
13th Oct 2006, 21:18
JAL's got 2 bases in Europe, Francfort (FRA) and London (LHR) unlikely ANA and their layovers are different (more cities you fly to) :Tokyo, Osaka, Zurich, Milan, Rome, Amsterdam, Paris, Sydney and Delhi for example!
ANA's reputation is supposed to be better than JAL's but JAL stays a very good airline anyway ! ;)

A brief introduction to Japan Airlines Frankfurt Cabin Crew base :

http://www.jal-europe.com/langs/german/contact/cabin/frank.html

Japan Airlines is currently recruiting for London based cabin crew.
Application forms should be received no later than 24th October 2006.

Interviews will be held in the Heathrow area in early November with a start date
for training in late December :

http://www.uk.jal.com/en/others/recruitment/

Good luck to everybody ! ! ! :ok:

katjuscha
14th Oct 2006, 15:47
Hi guys out there!

I worked for JAL at FRA-Base so I can tell you a little about the company.
Working for JAL is not exactly the same as for many other Airlines.
It is a very interesting experience, you will have training in FRA (London) AND Tokyo (6 weeks) which will be great but hard anyway. They expect you to wear your make up the way they want it and you have to sit straight for the whole day.
They are looking for special crew with a special attitude. You need to follow a lot of rules and they don't want foreign-crew who is questioning everything. They have their japanese way of doing many things and you have to follow or you can go.
You will have to work very hard, at JAL flights nobody is sitting and reading newspaper, etc. But the pax are very easy, except DEL flights, haha!!!
It depends on your character. If you think you can handle this, you can have a very funny time there. Sometimes frustrating but ok. The salary is very good, so this will keep your head up.
Don't forget, YOU will be foreign base for them and sometimes you will be treated like this.
If you are a good-looking guy, this job is perfect for you, the japanese girls will love you, but for girls it can be very lonely. You will have flights with crew which do not speak to you if it is not necessary.
A lot of foreign crew quit in the firs few month as they can't stand working there.
Anyway, Narita will be you second home so you can enjoy nightlife in the truck, lol!
I spent two years there and sometimes it was very hard, but I wouldn't want to have missed it as I met some wonderful people there and I would do it again!!!

katjuscha
14th Oct 2006, 16:15
Oh, I forgot, for the pattern...

Yes, Jal has flights like LHR-NRT, AMS, MXP, FCO, ZRH and CDG and you can get the allowance to be released after a flight from NRT or KIX or NGO but it is necessary to go to London or FRA before each flight, even if its a dead head flight, cause there's a briefing before each pattern. So if you live in AMS you have to go to LHR first to have your briefing and then you can go back to AMS d/h. There is no exception.
In LHR a lot of crew lives somewhere else, the roster allows it. In FRA it's also possible but very hard. I know only one girl who lives in NL and it's very tough for her.
Sometimes you have flights from NRT to DEL but there the FRA base is lucky, they go quit often, there are people in LHR who didn't had a DEL flight for more than two years... (FRA= 80-90 crew, LHR= 250 crew)

Mitternacht
14th Oct 2006, 18:44
Vielen vielen Dank (thanks a lot) Katjuscha for your description and explanation about JAL ! how interesting !! (well at least for me ! :rolleyes: ) Still working for them or for another airline now ?
How do JAL CCM based in FRA look like ? I mean, do they have a preference for tall blond girls for example .... or is that miscellaneous ? And what about guys ? A friend of mine keeps saying that JAL doesn't hire any man - please confirm they DO !! ;)
And is it more difficult to be hired by LHR base or by FRA base ? I don't know .. maybe there are more differents than we may think !

Thanks in advance for your response !
by-bye !! Tschü-üß !!

sandramm
15th Oct 2006, 13:54
Hi Katjuscha !!

thanks very much for all the details, I posted my application yesterday.

I was just wondering, apparently JAL is a particular airline, so what would be the best attitude to have during the interview and what do you think they want to hear from you during the 2 to 1 interview.

Merci !!!

Sandra

katjuscha
16th Oct 2006, 11:24
Hi everybody,

if you are invited to an interview, try to look at professional and natural as possible. Make sure your hair is tight to a bun, wear a beautiful make up, dress in business-attire, have well-manicured natural fingernails.
For man try not to put that much wet-gel into your hair, wear it in a not to-stylish way. :=
;-)
They are hiring men as well, in LHR more than in FRA, but last year the FRA manager changed and the new one brings a lot of changes in their way of recruiting.
Try to agree with everything. In the first interview you might be asked to change the style you wear your nails or they ask you to remove highlights in your hair. Do it and show it at the 2nd interview!!
If you are not willing to change yourself a little to the way they want it, you won't be happy with JAL. They have a lot of rules you have to follow but at the end it's worth!!!!:ok:
Good luck!

hawaiianhosty
16th Oct 2006, 13:46
I have my application form at home to fill out.. I have interviewed with them before about 6 yeras ago, got thru to the final stage then didn't get it. I got qatar Airways in the end..Now I miss flying again and want JAL..I've just forgotten how to be at interviews..you can't do this and you shouldn't say that etc..I really want this as I'm almost 28 and if I don't do it now then it will too late., Any tips on how to answer the questions when the japanese guys interview you at the final stage..I want to make sure I answer the questions the right way..thanks

sandramm
24th Oct 2006, 16:13
Hi everyone !!!

Anyone attending the initial recruitment for the JAL on the 2nd of novembre???

Hope so.....:}

Don t want to be on my own :) Feel free to contact me [email protected]

See Ya
Sandra

kiwilad747
27th Oct 2006, 14:14
Hi everyone !!!

Anyone attending the initial recruitment for the JAL on the 2nd of novembre???

Hope so.....:}

Don t want to be on my own :) Feel free to contact me [email protected]

See Ya
Sandra

Hi Sandra...

I'll be there, have been given some advice from an ex JAL (UK) cabin crew member for the interview.

1. never cross your legs, they should be together
2. never cross your arms, they should be on your lap one hand on top of the other.
3. never interupt another person
4. have a smile
5. if you're a smoker, dont smoke when they give you a break give up for the day

I've heard this job is tough, but very rewarding (£££)

Good luck, hope all goes well

Rob :ok:

sandramm
27th Oct 2006, 17:47
Hi Kiwilad !!!

Thanks a lot for all the tips !!!

Ill will do my best , but sometimes I get so nervous it drives me crazy !!!

I ll be flying from France the day before and staying at the ibis on the same street as the hotel Renaissance. If anyone staying as well in one of the hotels in that street may be we could meet up for a drink !!!

See you all there :}

Sandra

Mitternacht
27th Oct 2006, 17:56
Hi Sandra !

I recommend you to visit this french CC forum : www.pnc-contact.com (http://www.pnc-contact.com) where you will find other french people going to the same selection day as you ! ;)

I wish you good luck for this important day !! :ok:

sandramm
27th Oct 2006, 18:13
Thanks Mitternacht!!!

And just to let you know tomorrow I am attending an open day with Emirates :} tomorrow

See ya

Mitternacht
27th Oct 2006, 18:24
You will find people going to Emirates too - a friend of mine is going there :)

I Just Want To Fly
27th Oct 2006, 19:07
Now they no longer require languages, do they still do the testing. I speak conversational French and Japanese.

Looking forward to goig on the 1st. Anyone else gonna be there?

hawaiianhosty
28th Oct 2006, 08:33
Now they no longer require languages, do they still do the testing. I speak conversational French and Japanese.

Looking forward to goig on the 1st. Anyone else gonna be there?

at the renaissance? yeah

sandramm
30th Oct 2006, 18:26
Hi all ,
the big day is getting closer and I have a few questions to ask about the company:

. does anyone know the pattern? is it a fixed schedule or is it random??

. i was wondering as well if it was possible to commute? (obviously after 6 months I suppose when u get staff travel)

. is it true they don t provide accomodationwhile training in London?

. how much does a cabin crew take home (average)?

Anyone who could provide me all these information is be more than welcomed :}

Merci merci

Sandra

superairhostess
1st Nov 2006, 19:36
Hi Everybody

Just come back from the Jal interview.

What a long day!

Got through all the stages just have to call on fri to know if I made it to the final board.

Think I'm gonna score this one as well though:ok:

Anybody else attended today?

Please get in touch!:)

I Just Want To Fly
1st Nov 2006, 21:11
Got through today as well. Fingers crossed for a positive response on Friday!!!

Good luck to everyone tomorrow!

SuperBoy
1st Nov 2006, 21:15
Goodluck Superairhostess!!!

I have my fingers crossed for you, however I'm sure you've nailed it. :ok:

superairhostess
2nd Nov 2006, 03:17
Thank you Superboy:O

I Want to Fly I know who you are!Let me know how it goes!:p

Have a G day!

dupont3700
2nd Nov 2006, 04:24
I got through as well. Wich company do you work for at the moment super air hostess? Pm me

superairhostess
3rd Nov 2006, 10:10
Hey Im invited to the final board.

Anybodyelse going on 9th?

I must say I've never been so confused in my life!:confused:

dupont3700
3rd Nov 2006, 10:12
I'm on the 8th.

Pm me Super.... What company do you work for currently

superairhostess
3rd Nov 2006, 10:15
Hi I did pm you.

Can't believe they are paying for the interview travel expenses!:O

dupont3700
3rd Nov 2006, 10:24
super please empty your mailbox

I Just Want To Fly
3rd Nov 2006, 12:10
Yay! Mine is on the 8th!!! Woo Hoo!

Phaedra
5th Nov 2006, 03:27
Hi just wondering if anyone knows if JAL hires Canadians? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.:O

superairhostess
5th Nov 2006, 07:47
I think it does but only if you 've already got the rights to live and work in the UK.

superjapan
7th Nov 2006, 09:22
Hello guys
Just to let you know I’m going as well for the final board on the 9. Is any of you know what to expect? I know that we will meet with the Japanese bosses........ But what else?

dupont3700
10th Nov 2006, 16:12
Got the job. just have to do my medical next week.
Course starts on the 2nd of JAN. Anyone else got in?

han1
11th Nov 2006, 10:03
hi i start on 2nd jan too! got a medical on monday aft!

peppero
9th Dec 2006, 08:06
hi!

JAL is currently looking for filipino flight attendants. saw their job posting in a local newspaper just 2 sundays ago. so i guess the recruitment is still ongoing...

QUALIFICATIONS:
Female only
Not more than 25 years old by May 2007
At least 5'3"
Good command of English language
With pleasing personality
Graduate of any 4-year course
In good health and fine eye sight

Too bad im not qualified because of my age.

Anyway, JAL is recruiting through a local agency here in the phils. Im not sure if im allowed to post here the contact numbers of the agency. so for those who are interested to apply, just pm me so that i can give you their phone number.

Kawai
16th Dec 2006, 18:20
Hi, I was wondering if any of you could tell me how much are the per diems in NRT, FRA and CDG, and in wich currency are they paid?. This would really help me a lot!.
Thank you :)

katjuscha
28th Dec 2006, 19:56
Hi, I was wondering if any of you could tell me how much are the per diems in NRT, FRA and CDG, and in wich currency are they paid?. This would really help me a lot!.
Thank you :)

Hi kawai,

this question is not easy to answer, with jal you don´t get the per diem cash, it comes togehter with your monthley salary.

it depends on which base you are. Tokyo, London, Frankfurt, Shanghai, Hongkong, Sao Paolo, Singapore, Osaka???????

and they change it every year to adjust it to exchanging rates.

does that answer help?? probably not... :{

peppermint
3rd Jan 2007, 01:17
hi, I've been thinking to apply for JAL for a while but I don't know how!! how you guys get the info about recruitment?
I tried their website, the uk one and the international one as well but there isn't any trace of recruitment. :ugh:
any one can help? if you know the link or website address, could you please let me know? it would be so great!!!

thank you!

sazzie
12th Jul 2007, 16:37
Hello there,

I've got my invitation to join the recruitment day of JAL on the 24th of july 07!!! :)

Can someone give me some information about the day? (what they expect and what kind of questions they ask you?) Or is anyone else also invited for this day?

Thanks S

skyboy1919
13th Jul 2007, 20:49
Hi everyone,

I have also been offered an interview with JAL LHR but on the 23rd-Jul-2007. I also have a couple of questions and would love some help from anyone who can help.

1. The letter says that there is a group stage followed by a interview in the afternoon, does this mean the entire process is being completed in one day or there will be an additional interview if successful after the first two stages?

2. What kind of information should I consider knowing? I have the basic compnay information and Japanese culture down, anything else?

3. While training in Japan do you get provided anything on top of basic salary? Shared accom?

4. What does the medical require? Does it have to be done by a JAL company doctor? (currently not living in the UK so wanted to know if successful if I could have the medical done at my current location.

I have looked over a few previous JAL posts but hae found some conflicting information so would be greatful if someone would post/PM me with some help.

Very keen on getting this position so all assistance is greatfully recieved.....Thanks in advance.

Noellafun
13th Jul 2007, 23:13
Hi,

I also received the mail for the Interviews on the 23rd and will be flying from France, anyone else ?

Kiri
14th Jul 2007, 13:37
hey everyone!
i also have an interview on the 23rd

i've come across the forum while looking for information to prepare for the interview...i'm quite nervous about it so please if anyone has any information it would really help

Dolley
14th Jul 2007, 23:43
Were did you find out about their recruitment? Whenever I checked on the website it said that they haven't got any vacancies??? Or did you just apply anyway? And if you did, how? Just a CV and a cover letter?

sazzie
15th Jul 2007, 09:27
Hi Dolley,

There was an advertisement on their website, i think the removed it as the closing date was the 6th of july.
Did you tried aviationjobsearch.com??

Sascha

ondrejsrb
17th Jul 2007, 13:25
Hi Guys i have got interview with JAL on 24 this month, I would like to ask if there is anybody who can give me some helpfull info what to expect. I have not done this job b4 and have no idea what they might ask me. PLS give me some hints as i am scared ****less

tomazero
20th Jul 2007, 06:15
Hi Noellafun !
I have the interview the same day. I am french but i will come from Japan. I arrive the 22 july at Heathrow and i will staying at Park Inn Hotel.

A bientot

Noellafun
20th Jul 2007, 07:38
wow Tomazero, impressionnant ! tu habite au Japon?

tomazero
20th Jul 2007, 13:01
Oui, a Sapporo depuis quelques annees. On se voit Lundi, pas vrai !?
J'ai un costume a ligne avec une chemise et une cravate legerement rose-violet clair.

Noellafun
21st Jul 2007, 08:07
Ok, j'essayerais de te capter... moi je serais en tailleurs jupe+chemise blanche... comme toutes les filles j'imagine^^

じゃ、また月曜日ね!
^^

ondrejsrb
25th Jul 2007, 10:18
HI EVERY BODY.....
I am in the final. Looking forward to seeing ya again on 01/08/07 at 11.
Ondrej Srb (the crazy boy with the grey umbrella):)

helene
28th Jul 2007, 15:31
:\Hi guys !

my friend didn't pass the maths & english test at JAL.. apparently they are quite hard . has anyone gone for it ?
What are they like ? Do you also have group sessions or only interviews afterwards ?
cheers !

ondrejsrb
2nd Aug 2007, 07:54
hi , well i found the tests really easy, i mean i am originaly from Prague and English is not my first language but the test was simple. Maths was like for year 4-5, easy peesy.
The only problem was that there was 22 questions and you had 20 mins.
bit stressful... LOL
But i passed so it means that everybody can do it. :}

I got to the final .... but i am worried i cocked that up....:ugh:

Dolley
2nd Aug 2007, 11:34
ondrejsrb:

Any chance you can tell us a bit more about the whole process? From application to final? For example what else happens during the assessment day besides an english and maths test? And what happens during the final? Any information would be good! In particular, is there anything you wish you had known before hand? Thanks.

ondrejsrb
3rd Aug 2007, 00:47
Hi ohhhh mu holy ******* **** i passed ..i got it ....well have to go for the medical.... bit worried as i wear glasses but i can wear contact lenses.
When it comes to the first int.
1 group interview - nothing to worry about, just make sure that you have one or two points and then just smile and nod.
2 tests english prepositions, grammar, easy ...very easy
math- transfer money YEN - POUNDS -YEN
e.g. customer bought things for £40 he paid £10000 yen how much will you give him back, percentages, etc. just be aware that you have less than minute for each question.
3 second interview, lots of questions and everybody has got diffrent
4 Final ... most stresful by about 30 mins. mainly questions about customer services and japan

IS THERE ANYBODY WHO CAN GIVE ME INFO ABOUT MEDICAL FOR JAL ESPECIALY WHEN IT COMES TO THE EYE TEST...PLS PLS PLS:eek:

Dolley
4th Aug 2007, 11:23
Congratulations and well done!

And thanks for the info!

guyabano124
6th Aug 2007, 03:32
1 group interview - nothing to worry about, just make sure that you have one or two points and then just smile and nod.
2 tests english prepositions, grammar, easy ...very easy
math- transfer money YEN - POUNDS -YEN
e.g. customer bought things for £40 he paid £10000 yen how much will you give him back, percentages, etc. just be aware that you have less than minute for each question.
3 second interview, lots of questions and everybody has got diffrent
4 Final ... most stresful by about 30 mins. mainly questions about customer services and japan

QUESTION:
about the GROUP INTERVIEW:) is it the same as GROUP DYNAMICS in EMIRATES and QATARAIRWAYS???:cool:

ENGLISH TEST- is it also the same as what QATAR AIRWAYS english test???

MATH TEST- is it all about conversion of money? what do i need to know and study here?? YEN and all money equivalents???how? thanks

SECOND INTERVIEW-is this about ur personality? all about you???:}

are there ELIMINATIONS in between these tasks?

im up for a JAL assessment this coming wednesday.. PLEASE HELP!:ok: thanks a bunch

guyabano124
6th Aug 2007, 03:34
ondrejsrb:cool:

do u really need to finish the exam on time, what happens if u dont get to finish it? thanks 4d info:}:}

ondrejsrb
6th Aug 2007, 14:56
Well the math is mixture ... no you dont need to remember the values, they will tell ya.

I have not applied for any other airlines so i cannot tell ya how simillar the tests are.

Yeah they will send ppl home after the group interview:=, after the test:=, and then you have to call them after the second one:yuk:.

ondrejsrb
6th Aug 2007, 15:02
they will collect the answer sheets.... yeah but if you finish the english early you can start math when you want.... just try to do as much as possible. :=
z=value
£1.........zYEN
£40........X
X=zx40/1

if z = 200
X=200x40
X=8000

if the customer paid 10.000 yen you will give him 2.000Yen back:ok:

Hope it helps.... nothing difficult

MAKE SURE THAT YOU READ THE QUESTIONS PROPERLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY ARE NOT DIFFICULT BUT YOU HAVE TO WORK OUT WHAT THEY ARE ASKING FOR:ugh:

BTW PASSED THE MEDICAL>>>>> NOW JUST REFERENCE AND I CAN START TRAINING:D

skygold
4th Dec 2007, 17:06
Hi all

I was looking for some feedback from crew that are working or worked for JAL. whats the company like, the rosters,money, is it possible to comute etc. Any information will be helpful

Regards