PDA

View Full Version : Drink!

captwannabe
15th Jul 2006, 09:35
Drink is the cause of, and solution to all of life's problems. But, which drinks (containing alcohol) benefit you in what way? And I don't mean benefits such as "13 pints of _________ gives you the courage to chat up a beautiful woman"

tart1
15th Jul 2006, 12:28
Guinness and Mackeson are said to be 'nourishing' - B vitamins(?). Red wine contains anti-oxidants which are supposed to be beneficial.

I know this doesn't apply to you, but the midwife told me to drink Mackeson when I was breast-feeding. It supplies calories and B vitamins and the alcohol relaxes you and so promotes easier feeding of the baby.

Of course, she only meant to drink one or two a day not a whole crateful! That is the key with alcohol ........ it is only beneficial when taken in moderation. :)

L'aviateur
15th Jul 2006, 13:49
Seems to be a lot of alcohol related threads today, although mainly on Jetblast.
All alcohol is beneficial in moderation and ensues making a fool of yourself in excess.

Tinstaafl
16th Jul 2006, 01:14
Not B vitamins in Guinness et al. Alcohol destroys B vits.

I seem to recall it's Iron that Guinness provides - along with the pleasure of consumption, of course.