PDA

View Full Version : Customer Care{less}

zfw
6th May 2001, 13:09
Whats the stand on leaving behind passengers
and baggage,in your airline,in order to meet your slot.
Here at MAN we have had numerous incidents of aircraft departing without,and the season has only just started.Yesterday we had one airline depart,60 pax short,and rumours of pax running down the airbridge to make it as the aircraft was pushing back.
And another where all the buggies were taken down the pepperpot,but the captain refused to put them on as he was going to make his slot.
So have any of you drivers out there suffered the end results of having no bags at your destination or a couple of young kids....with no buggy to push them around in,
for the entire holiday as there are only 2 flights a week into your small greek island.
Or do the joe bloggs public have to put up with this?

AffirmBrest
6th May 2001, 13:21
On schedules (where we have several flights a day) if a passenger has no hold baggage, and cannot find their way between check-in and the gate within 1 hour (minimum check-in time), we go.

If they have hold baggage, we wait a little longer as it can often cause more of a delay to find their bag to offload before we can go, but if we find it and they are still not here, we go (we cannot carry unaccompanied baggage, without a lot more paperwork and security checks).

Charters a bit different - a 'good' captain will be a bit more understanding, and probably be a bit more tolerant, if it really is the only flight they can take to their destination. And, let's face it, most charter pax do not visit the airport that often otherwise!

Still, the departure time is printed on the ticket, and if they'd rather spend a bit extra time in the bar or shops than get on the aircraft in good time, then f*ck 'em. Why should they cause delays for the rest of the sensible pax? Especially as the summer gets busier, a missed slot can mean HUGE delays to the next one. People under the impression the aircraft will wait for you - take note!

BAA have lot to answer for as well, with proliferation of bars between check-in and the gate have the potential to cause many other problems in-flight as well as on the ground. But then again I'm sure BAA are wondering why they can't use all that long flat bit of concrete they can see out of the window to build another shopping mall on...

Sorry zfw - just read your profile and see you'd probably know all the above anyhow. as for dealing with the consequences, not being funny but isn't that what you guys and your colleagues in Greece get paid for? I would suggest, that if the company takes an item of baggage from a customer, then it has the responsibility of getting it back to them.

And I can't believe that the aircraft pushing back with pax on the jetty did so without the agreement of the dispatcher or consideration of the bag situation. You guys are usually pretty good, and are as pi$$ed off with slow pax as we are!
------------------
...proceeding below Decision Height with CAUTION...

[This message has been edited by AffirmBrest (edited 06 May 2001).]

mcrit
6th May 2001, 16:17
I just wish it happened more! Then maybe the message would get across. Why do 234 pax have to wait for the one inconsiderate sod in the bar who causes us to miss the slot and maybe get a hours delay or more !!!!!!!!!!!

Wino
6th May 2001, 16:51
MCRIT.

Now gone from the scene for almost a year, but I certainly wasn't above yelling out the window at the 1 laggard to move their ass and RUN across the ramp or I would leave them when they were holding us at a slot.

The rest pax always knew exactly what happened as well. If we did miss a slot and sit for hours in PMI or some IBZ or where ever, I would imagine it was rather uncomfortable for the offending pax.

On one occasion they came running/staggering down the jetway and I could see it through the L3 window. We booted him anyway.

But most of the problems were always in MAN. I was always suprised that we provided the worst service in the 1 place where every single pax had to pass through (the hub).

Cheers
Wino (resigned JMC/Flying Colours/Airworld/Ryan Intertnational July 20, 2000)

ExSimGuy
7th May 2001, 12:21
Mcrit, Here here :) :)

Those ignorant buggers who sit in the bar unitl there's hardly time to sprint for the gate are part of the reason to p1ss off the other PAX by causing airlines to impose 2-hour check-in times (subject my moans elsewhere here and on the PAX/SLF section) and call PAX to the gate long before the cleaners have finished tidying up after the previous sector.

A PA "ladies & gentlemen, we are ready to depart except for two silly sods who are still tanking up in the bar or who can't navigate a clearly signposted airport - we may be delayed due to missing our slot" makes them look right twerps when they finally get on and (hopefully) have to run the gauntlet to rear seats :mad:

------------------
What goes around . . .
. . often lands better!

lineup
7th May 2001, 13:33
The schedule is known and no train or bus is waiting for you if you are not on the platform http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/tongue.gif