PDA

View Full Version : 2x C185s at the Bottom of the King Sound

Sector3
14th Jul 2006, 12:44
There are currently 2x C185s on straight floats at the bottom of the King Sound off the Derby Jetty as the result of some 25 knot winds on Wednesday.

....used to be operated by KP of the no-longer trading Derby Seaplanes!

Pass-A-Frozo
14th Jul 2006, 12:53
Bugger!

AirSic
14th Jul 2006, 13:09
:} wait 12 hours, there won't be any water around them when the tide goes out, quick drain out, pull onto their sides, then when the tide comes in, and I mean comes in...fairly quickly, they should re-float? they will be a nice shade of mud, maybe get crabs too!:) :)

tinpis
15th Jul 2006, 07:36
Best thing you could do with those aircraft is share the Muddies around and reset the buggers for the next tide.:hmm:

AerocatS2A
15th Jul 2006, 08:07
:} wait 12 hours, there won't be any water around them when the tide goes out, quick drain out, pull onto their sides, then when the tide comes in, and I mean comes in...fairly quickly, they should re-float? they will be a nice shade of mud, maybe get crabs too!:) :)

They haven't been sighted on low tide yet (spring tides too.) Think they're gone for good.

Woomera
15th Jul 2006, 11:12
:{ :{ :{ :{ :{

Think they're gone for good.

They are such brilliant aircraft and 2 more fewer.:uhoh:

AirSic
15th Jul 2006, 16:54
Aerocat....

Haven't been sighted on low tide...I remember that when the tide goes out, the water disappears from view over the horizon......you sure they are there?:eek:

I know the mud is thick but that is scary!

Insurance paid out yet????(sic):E :E

AerocatS2A
16th Jul 2006, 00:26
Well, my info is a bit third hand. But with the tides and currents around there, there is no guarantee that they ended up anywhere near where they sank.

kimwestt
16th Jul 2006, 01:17
If my memory serves me well, and it does, there is also a BN Islander out there too!! Result of an over enthusiastic beat up of a boat, wing tip into water, rest is history, as is one of the pilots arms.

Slab
25th Jul 2006, 08:38
....used to be operated by KP of the no-longer trading Derby Seaplanes!

Still were at time of loss.... but operating as Seair Broome I believe.