PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Sandy Thom

Crieff-ite
14th Jul 2006, 10:09
Does anyone have contact details for a relation of mine, Sandy Thom?
Last time I spoke to him was a couple of years back and at the time he was still up in Dyce with CHC flying Pumas. Spoke with Scotia but couldn't get an answer.
If anyone is still in touch with him, can you pm me and I'll pass you my mobile etc so you can give it to him.
Thought of posting this on the "where are they now" forum but Sandy is a rotorhead and so am I. Thought it might be more productive in here :ok:

Many thanks

Crieff-ite

Camp Freddie
14th Jul 2006, 15:45
CHC, aberdeen, puma. as far as i know still yes to all of those, when you call ask for operations and find out when he is in next, they may tell you

regards

CF

Khaosai
14th Jul 2006, 19:39
Hi,

maybe recently retired and planning to live of his daughters recent rise to fame.

Rgds.

HeliEng
14th Jul 2006, 20:32
Well I'd never had believed it!

I used to work with Sandy on the North Sea, and I have just read that Sandi Thom is his daughter!

Unbelieveable, how fantastic. He must be very proud!!!

thecontroller
14th Jul 2006, 21:25
he is his own daughter? how does that work?!

HeliEng
15th Jul 2006, 08:34
thecontroller,

SandY is the pilot, SandI is the singer!!!!

Crieff-ite
15th Jul 2006, 08:35
Thanks for the info CF :ok:

Yep, the very same Sandy and "wee" Sandy.
Think that's half the reason why Scotia wouldn't give me any info over the phone......they must have thought I was a journalist or something.
I'll maybe wait till the fame thing dies down a bit and then go back through the Scotia route again.
If anyone does come across "Big" Sandy, then let him know his nephew is looking for him, he'll know who you mean, I lost his number when my phone and laptop were stolen.
Thanks guys
Regards

Crieff-ite

Ullevi
15th Jul 2006, 09:31
He was in the paper last week. His daughter missed her flight to T in the Park, so they managed to commandeer a CHC chopper so her dad couldl fly her down.

Cool or what?

Blind
15th Jul 2006, 14:08
Will tell Sandy you are looking for him Creiffite.

brett s
15th Jul 2006, 15:09
Did Sandy do a stint instructing in the US in the late 1980's perhaps? If so, I was a student of his...

Khaosai
15th Jul 2006, 18:03
Hi Brett,

yes he did instruct in the states, possibly on the west coast but guessing a little.

Crieff-ite
16th Jul 2006, 07:23
Thanks very much Blind. Very much appreciated. I'll PM you my mobile number if thats ok, Sandy won't have any contact details for me since I last spoke to him......complete change of address etc.
Many thanks and best wishes

Crieff-ite

Crieff-ite
17th Jul 2006, 08:04
Many thanks to everyone who helped and passed on the details.
Now back intouch with Sandy again.

Best wishes all

Crieff-ite