PDA

View Full Version : 1Time Requirements?

Mungalui
14th Jul 2006, 08:30
Can anybody tell me what the pilot requirements are to get into 1Time. Do you need ATPL as co-pilot? I guess you will have to buy your own DC-9 rating.
Munga. :)

Solid Rust Twotter
14th Jul 2006, 08:57
Been trying to get in for close to two years now. 5000hr ATP but still no luck. Just keep trying and it'll hopefully all come together.:ok: Still reckon it's one the better ones of the bunch to get into.:D Good luck.

Mungalui
14th Jul 2006, 09:05
Thanks SRT.
Have 2300 hrs now,so I will probably still be doing the contract jol for a while.Will keep on trying though. :ok:

Kittycat
14th Jul 2006, 10:49
can I just add that I have to friends that got into 1time with under 2000hrs and ATP... so not sure about selection!???!!

AfricanSkies
14th Jul 2006, 11:11
Kittycat, do your friends have, erm... kittycats? :ouch:

Phenomenon
14th Jul 2006, 11:25
One of my friends also just got in with less than 2000 hours... I guess it depends on alot of factors including how you handle yourself in the interview.

It's probably just that old thing of being at the right place at the right time.... 1time :ok:

Kittycat
14th Jul 2006, 11:29
hahaha :) (I think im going to change my username soon!:)):O
I just spoke to one of them, and he had 2300 TT (okay, I was fibbing a bit!) and about 600 PIC. Mangalui, to answer your PM, no they didnt pay for the rating

Solid Rust Twotter
14th Jul 2006, 12:16
Right place, right time...:ok:

I've missed more than one interview at various airlines by not being in the country to attend at short notice.:(

Mungalui
14th Jul 2006, 12:27
There is light at the end of the tunnel!
Now to only find out which tunnel it is......
Thanks for your feedback guys and girls.

Munga.:cool:

negativefx
14th Jul 2006, 14:05
1time i had 250h

Q4NVS
15th Jul 2006, 18:03
SRT, just a thought...

But I think you should review your strategy then, or you might take all your hard earned experience and still retire on contract.

That will be a waste if you aks me :\

:ok:

Solid Rust Twotter
15th Jul 2006, 18:18
Ja, reckon it's down to dumb luck in the end. :ok: Been trying to extend the periods at home in hopes of getting lucky with interviews but no joy so far and the penny pinching gets a bit much. Seems the minute I get back in the bush the threads on here and other aviation fora begin overflowing with talk of recruitment by airlines.:rolleyes:

It all comes down to right place at the right time in the end which is more a question of dumb luck than anything else, as mentioned. Guess I'll keep banging my head on the wall and hope my day comes soon.:ugh: :ok:

Funny thing is I gave the heads up in the early days to a couple of friends who both got in but do you think I can get a shot at it? Can I, ****....:( It's so bad the person I speak to when I call them even knows me by voice without me identifying myself.:O

Currently, they're just not losing people to other companies so opportunities are somewhat limited for those trying to get in. I guess if you have a recipe that works and the crews are happy your training costs for new crew are not a major issue as they would be in companies with a higher turnover of staff.:ok: