PDA

View Full Version : C-17 at Keevil

Cpt_Pugwash
13th Jul 2006, 22:21
There is a C-17 currently active at Keevil. The neighbours wouldn't like it, but I wish it would make the turn just a quarter mile further to the south of the cement works chimney, and it would be right overhead. I might just go up to the White Horse for a better view. :ok:

movadinkampa747
13th Jul 2006, 22:30
Isnt it a bit dark?:ugh:

Cpt_Pugwash
13th Jul 2006, 22:45
No, nice cloudless night. On the White Horse hill, would only be a few hundred feet below the aircraft, and would be able to get a good silhouette view against the sky as it turns to line up with the Keevil runway . The bright wingtip lights, nav lights and strobe make a fine sight, and it's remarkably quiet for such a large machine.
He's still at it BTW.

Rocket Chucker
14th Jul 2006, 00:08
Any chance he can take the bl**dy chimney out - or would Lafarge be a little irked. Heard it and wondered what it was thanks for solving the mystery CP.

BattlerBritain
14th Jul 2006, 14:31
I used to live in Steeple Ashton about 10 years back, on the south side of the village.
It was great having a single light attached to a lot of noise appearing on dark nights.
Like having my own private airshow :}

FormerFlake
14th Jul 2006, 15:39
Im glad to see they are allowed to do NVG at Keevil again. They got banned for a while after over 100 low flying complaints in one evening. This is important, much need training for the crews who fly into Iraq and Afghanistan nightly!!